Create Account

Fan voted in HOFer

Im not sure this has ever been brought up but i think its a great idea especially now with so many great players hanging it up to recreate theres so many great names that may never make it.

Yes i know its the same in the NHL but i think we are different first youd do the fan vote then pick ur 2 or 3 on the committe thoughts?

West Kendall

I don't like the idea of players voting other players in because, most of the time, it completely neglects actual stats and will just ensure the most popular members get their players into the HoF. The HoF should be something that only the great players are a part of, no simply those who are well-known and well-liked.

This could also mean someone who is very much hated around the boards would have a huge disadvantage of making it in, no matter how good his player may be.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

No

Martucci said it.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jun 5 2014, 10:56 PM
I don't like the idea of players voting other players in because, most of the time, it completely neglects actual stats and will just ensure the most popular members get their players into the HoF. The HoF should be something that only the great players are a part of, no simply those who are well-known and well-liked.

This could also mean someone who is very much hated around the boards would have a huge disadvantage of making it in, no matter how good his player may be.

Ur not eliminating the other players committe still gets players in too.

As for the popularity maybe have like only a specific few based on accomplishments that werent just put in cuz there retired.

As for players liked/hated well if you dont think thay happens on the committe or anywhere here than uve got blinders on lol cuz lots of awards go to wrong people too(an im not saying when i lose just period)

West Kendall

It's a good idea but as Martucci said...

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Winteriscoming@Jun 5 2014, 11:00 PM

Ur not eliminating the other players committe still gets players in too.

As for the popularity maybe have like only a specific few based on accomplishments that werent just put in cuz there retired.

As for players liked/hated well if you dont think thay happens on the committe or anywhere here than uve got blinders on lol cuz lots of awards go to wrong people too(an im not saying when i lose just period)
The HOF are all fairly reliable people that have been around for a decent amount of time.
They are probably somewhat biased at times, sure.
But this is not a solution to that lol

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Jun 6 2014, 12:09 AM

The HOF are all fairly reliable people that have been around for a decent amount of time.
They are probably somewhat biased at times, sure.
But this is not a solution to that lol
Just like Alex said here... Actually if you look at real life, they're basically the same. Real committees are biased as well. Look at a player like Eric Lindros, he's a very talented guy who did very good in his career and has a solid argument for HOF. However, people don't like his attitude and he fails to get any traction to even be discussed despite having a decent enough resume for it. There's a few players who could've gone in early and didn't because of bias by the committee.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jun 5 2014, 11:16 PM

Just like Alex said here... Actually if you look at real life, they're basically the same. Real committees are biased as well. Look at a player like Eric Lindros, he's a very talented guy who did very good in his career and has a solid argument for HOF. However, people don't like his attitude and he fails to get any traction to even be discussed despite having a decent enough resume for it. There's a few players who could've gone in early and didn't because of bias by the committee.
It's a shame too. A generational talent who had his career ruined by his inability to keep his head up

SHL public cannot be trusted to vote impartially. For an example, look at all-star voting in the past

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Inb4JackieLeeHOFer

No, simply because HoF is something that is held in very high standard here. Only the best of the best should get in and by doing this, you could have people who might be considered undeserving getting entry just based on their standing within the league. Honestly, I as much as anybody else would like to get into the HoF when I hang the skates up, but I'd rather do it on the merit of a respected committee believing I should, than make it in based on a league-wide vote where a number of variables can come into play.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers