Create Account

Wrestling is Reddit

Do you enjoy simulation leagues? Do you enjoy professional wrestling? Then do I have the subreddit for you! Wrestling is Reddit is a wrestling e-fed, run entirely through the Reddit servers.

Similar to the SHL, you begin in WiR with making your character. You get to customize their move set, appearance, entrance and more. The best part is that, unlike a career mode in the WWE video games, you can create the exact wrestler you want, no matter how crazy the gimmick. Want your wrestler to be a monk who stalks children in the night? Then you're probably kinda creepy, but you can go for it if you want.

After creating your wrestler, you'll be put on the waiting list to debut. For some, this process can take a while, but as long as you stay active and contribute around the boards, you'll get moved up the list incredibly quickly. Some of the things you can do to debut faster are writing matches for others, writing vignettes for your wrestler, or simply communicating throughout the boards. You'll meet some interesting people very quickly, and that will make this time feel incredibly brief.

The fun part comes after debuting, where you start shaping the career of your wrestler. The difference between the SHL and WiR is most noticeable here, as matches aren't decided by a randomized engine. There are 3 different types of matches which are all decided in different ways.
1. Squash Match-
This is a match in which your wrestler takes on a local competitor of your choosing, to assert their dominance. The only deciding factor in this match is your writing ability. You can write squash matches for your character any time.
2. House Party Match
This is a match that's been booked for you to compete against another real wrestler on one of the weekly "House Party" shows. The writing duty matches are claimed every week when the card is announced. These matches are usually used to build up for storylines in certain ways. The match writer will ask the participants which spots or angles they want in the matchup before writing it for the House Party.
3. Blowoff/Title Matches
These are important matchups, typically booked on the monthly PPV events, that either end a heated feud, or defend championships. These matches are decided through a promo battle with your opponent(s). After everyone's promo has been entered, the writer of the match chooses a winner based on which he likes the best. These are the crucial matchups that make or break a career.

That was a basic rundown on Wrestling is Reddit. It's a great wrestling simulation, with a tight-knit group of hardcore fans. Any more information you may need, including championships, rosters and more is available through the subreddits wiki page. So, I hope to see some of you guys join, and eventually have the gold around your waist.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wrestlingisreddit/

I'm there too. Lots of fun, hit me up if you need any advice!

yeah

Frig off Joey

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

SHL is da life for me

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]