Create Account

Proposed change to media payouts

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Mar 23 2017, 02:49 AM
Why can't we have both, though?

If we want meaningful media that won't straight drive away folks due to boredom, why not have the system be something that harshly punishes lazy pressers and truly rewards outstanding work/original work. I don't like the idea of media OTW, that sounds too much like a PT and if we have a PT system, stick to it. Have a pay bump every 1000 words like <a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Avakael</a> suggested god knows when ago, kill the stupid pressers, incentivize longer, thoughtful pieces. I'm not against all pressers, just the filler ones.
When did I suggest a pay bump every 1000 words? I believe the only thing I've suggested is... exactly what Belgarat is proposing.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

Speaking frankly, large articles are a pain in the ass.

1) I don't EVER feel like writing a 1,000+ word article just because it's necessary to get a decent payout. I don't want to feel like I'm writing an essay for a class.

2) I don't even read the huge articles that people pump out. Who the fuck has time/interest in reading 3,000 word articles?

Feel like the media aspect of the league would be more entertaining if people could post 200-500 word pieces and not feel the financial pressure that forces them to add fluff.

That being said, I understand that some articles (i.e. statistical analysis) sometimes necessitate huge word counts and that's fine. I just would rather write/read ~500 words about a fictional player's adventures on/off the ice than 3,000 words.

(Tbh just kinda ranting here)

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]