Create Account

Sabres 16-17

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 20 2017, 11:01 AM

The last point is shortsighted WHY IS EDMONTON BETTER THAN US?! They play in a shitty division, were basically gifted their team and have been far shittier than Buffalo for longer. Seeing Toronto and Edmonton do well shouldn't be reason to fire management, because the only reason Edmonton and Toronto are doing well now was because of prior shitty management who made it so it'd be near impossible to fail with the assets they were given.
I agree with your point, but you could make the case the Sabres have been worse than the Leafs the last 5 or 6 years.
Which is when the Leafs acquired the majority of their core players.

Murray should have gotten a little bit longer IMO tho...not the best reasoning for firing him

Quote:Originally posted by GroupMeIsKindOfOkay@Apr 20 2017, 11:08 AM

I agree with your point, but you could make the case the Sabres have been worse than the Leafs the last 5 or 6 years.
Which is when the Leafs acquired the majority of their core players.

Murray should have gotten a little bit longer IMO tho...not the best reasoning for firing him
The problem for the Sabres is until the last 3 years or so they were bad, but they weren't bad enough to be a top selector, iirc Toronto picked higher (or finished lower in the standings) every year except for 2 or 3 since 2011 and most of those seasons Toronto picked within like 5 picks of Buffalo. Personally I'd say since 2011 Toronto has pretty consistently fielded a better team on paper but worse in the standings while Buffalos roster wasn't as flashy but was juuuust good enough that they weren't picking top 3 every season. It's interesting to see where they go from here. I'm really interested to see how a new GM handles someone like Evander Kane for instance

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 20 2017, 12:22 PM

The problem for the Sabres is until the last 3 years or so they were bad, but they weren't bad enough to be a top selector, iirc Toronto picked higher (or finished lower in the standings) every year except for 2 or 3 since 2011 and most of those seasons Toronto picked within like 5 picks of Buffalo. Personally I'd say since 2011 Toronto has pretty consistently fielded a better team on paper but worse in the standings while Buffalos roster wasn't as flashy but was juuuust good enough that they weren't picking top 3 every season. It's interesting to see where they go from here. I'm really interested to see how a new GM handles someone like Evander Kane for instance
Yea and even when the Leafs picked after the Sabres they still got good players with Nylander and Marner.
And the Sabres got Reinhart and Eichel in those drafts too, so it's not like they missed out on good players.

Sabres have actually drafted pretty well recently.
Just the way the lottery/draft works out sometimes.