Create Account

golden_apricot 9/15
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 08:40 AM by golden_apricot.)

[Image: makar2.jpg]

[Image: point1.jpg] @rangersbruinslightning

[Image: glass1.jpg] @DaftRaincloud

[Image: dylan.jpg] @dylanjj37

Oh god the Dylan sig.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

09-11-2019, 12:39 AMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Oh god the Dylan sig.

is it not glorious??????????

Since I can see that you're new to sig making, I'll try to add a few helpful hints for you in each grading. If you have more questions or need additional feedback, please feel free to ask in our graphics discord.

1) The first thing I notice here is the format you chose. While not every sig needs to be 400x200, it does help to work on a smaller canvas for two reasons. One is obvious - so that sigs don't take up more space than your actual post Wink - and the other one is to help bring the viewer's focus to the most important part of the sig which should be the render. By making the render touch the borders of the sig (preferably at least at the top and bottom) it does eliminate empty space and it additionally it doesn't look like the render is floating around. In your case here I would suggest cropping some of the lower body of the render and also some of the space from the left side. The head/face is often the most important focal point, but here the text is another element simply floating around that draws my attention. If you combine render and text by overlapping them slightly, you don't have two single elements that distract from each other. You'll see this a lot in other sigs. You've already done a good job cutting out the render and adding a custom background, so nothing to complain here, but try to work on what's supposed to be in focus and what's blurred. In your case the background, the render's skate and even the stick seem to be in focus while the whole upper body looks too blurry. Neither helps with adding depth. I do like that you attempted adding custom shoulder patch logos.
1/5 + 100k

2) The format is much better in general, but a few aspects from above to remember: the render is too small here, make it your main focal point by reducing empty space around it. Also the right hand is cut off which doesn't look so much. The background looks sharp and parts of the render are blurry, but I do like that you keep attempting jersey swaps. Unfortunately both the not-so-subtle team logo in the background and the text distract from the render. However, I like this one a little bit more than the first.
1/5 + 150k

3) I like the background and the overall color scheme of the sig. You can improve what you've done with the text, because right now it looks too prominent, takes up roughly half of the sig and distracts from the render. Again good job with the jersey swap, but still your render looks blurry and not too clean.
1/5 + 150k

4) This one is slightly different from the others. While the render is indeed much more prominently positioned and clearly the main focal point of the sig, it's not cut out very well, because parts of the original background are still visible and it's blurry but that might just be the original picture. The background is very distracting and the text just floats above the render.
1/5

Total: 1.4M

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]