Create Account

S32 Militia Interested Prospects Thread

<div align="center">[Image: K7fCrrD.png]</div>

When you think of the great franchises in sports history what exactly is it that makes them great? Is it championships? Or is it more than that? Some would say the truly great organizations build a culture first and the awards will follow.

Well in Montreal we take the idea of culture seriously, and we seriously win. Our victories and our defeats are shared, and we move together as one. There is something truly special about the atmosphere of our locker room and the legends who have called it home at one time or another. We have set records, and broken them again. We've won cups, we've had MVPs, and we've had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

So, if you want to learn from the best, and join the Militia in their fight please take a few minutes and answer the questions below. Let us know a little about yourself, and hopefully we'll call your name on draft day.

Code:
[b]Player Name:[/b]

[b]Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.):[/b]

[b]Player Page:[/b]

[b]Update Page:[/b]

[b]Current Activity Level:[/b]

[b]Planned Activity Level:[/b]

[b]What do you expect out of your first season?[/b]

[b]Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which?[/b]

[b]Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you?[/b]

[b]Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia?[/b]

[b]Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends?[/b]

[b]Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post:[/b]

[b]Finally, do you have any questions for us?[/b]

[Image: brodeur.gif?w=1000]

Cheers

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Player Name: Thaddeus Prince

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Hybrid Goaltender

Player Page: Player Page

Update Page: Update Page

Current Activity Level: 8

Planned Activity Level: 8

What do you expect out of your first season? Really depends where I go. I would love to see a starting position immediately, but I know that doesn't always happen.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Recreate here at SHL

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? The community and the hockey roleplaying have always been my favourite parts.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? There's a lot of reasons. The main would be the GM, Copenhagen. We go way back.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? If I'm friends with the people, as many as possible are welcome

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: FUCK Avery. No 'tender should have to put up with that shit.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Do you feel you have a need for a goaltender and a player of my caliber?

Player Name: Lochlann O'Rourke

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Sniper

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry2065098

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry2065141

Current Activity Level: 10

Planned Activity Level: 10

What do you expect out of your first season? Depends where I'm drafted but hopefully Top Six minutes

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Yes I have, for the past decade. Currently in the SBA as well

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Just the universe. Kinda cool to have so many members living something like this out.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Great logo and colour scheme

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Depends on the friends, but probably smaller, closer company.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: The Avery Rule! Kinda ingenious honestly to do something like that.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Not at all. Take a look at my player profile though Wink

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Player Name: Blowjob Jesus Jr.

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Hybrid Goalie

Player Page: Right here

Update Page: dont have yet

Current Activity Level: 6-7

Planned Activity Level: 6-7

What do you expect out of your first season? Just to play in at least 1/3 of the games and if you have someone better, they get the remainder.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Plenty of sim league exp

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? The LR tbh

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Need a place to call home

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? two friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: I have no clue

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Please draft

Player Name: Noah Stevenson

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): OFD

Player Page: Signature

Update Page: Signature

Current Activity Level: 7

What do you expect out of your first season? Some good strong hockey and a fun entrance back to the scene.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Yes obviously haha.

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Watching my player grow.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Seems like a great organization and it's a place I've always been interested in playing.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Large group for sure.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Quite possibly the funniest Brody moment I've seen in my time.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Nope Smile

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

Player Name:

Fletcher Carric

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.):

Two way forward

Player Page:

See sig

Update Page:

see sig

Current Activity Level:

8-9/10

Planned Activity Level:

8-9/10

What do you expect out of your first season?

Form a strong bond with teammates and generating a bunch of team based media

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which?

SHL... third player... won the cup with Prince George back in season 4 and then came back toward the end of season 17... longest tenured gm of Prince george from season 18-26...record wasnt the greatest but my players and alumni were...

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you?
The community
Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia?
They are not the impact Tongue I have played only for Prince George and I would love to play for them again but at the same time I would love to branch out and test the waters elsewhere... randy randleman doesnt hurt the allure either
Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends?
both are fun... depends on the dinner... I prefer going for drinks with large groups but i feel a dinner is more intimate and should be a smaller group.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Oh Avery... while I am not a fan of him I will give him full marks for his creativity in the roll he plays... he will always be remembered as one of the leagues best pests and he really helped define what a pest can be.

Finally, do you have any questions for us?

What are you looking for in the players you draft... what do you hold higher regard... tpe driven players or locker room activity players

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Player Name:
Viktor Vorkampfer
TWF
Player Page:
Sig
Update Page:
Sig
Current Activity Level:
High as a kite
Planned Activity Level:
even higher
Decent playing time and RotY
Yeah, pretty much all of them
I like the idea of having my own player i guess
Because they are an SMJHL team
Two Friends
Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post:
Avery is funny
If i do how would they be answered?

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Player Name: Zinaida Titova

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): TWF

Player Page: Here!

Update Page: Here!

Current Activity Level: Weekly, mostly on the discord chats and very lowkey on the boards.

Planned Activity Level: Stepping up to do more activities on the boards like media.

What do you expect out of your first season? I expect to have fun and learn more about simming. I really want to win but I also want to have fun doing it.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? I have not unless you count previous attempts at fantasy football and this year's attempt at fantasy hockey.

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Seeing how the sims play out with a community coming together to kick ass and take home some hardware.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? I was lucky this season to sign a PTO here and I enjoy how everyone was when I got in. I loved how hyped everyone got this round of playoffs and while it really sucked that we couldn't go all the way, I believe in this team and can see us winning something soon.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? One or two friends!

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: I'm giggling. Way to go Schneider.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? You make a big effort on recruiting via culture and having the rest of the accolades come after. Has there ever been a time you've regretted that decision and would you change anything about it?

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Player Name: Sami Sirius

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Center two way

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73614

Update Page: post later

Current Activity Level: 9

Planned Activity Level: 9

What do you expect out of your first season? win a cup

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Recreate here at SHL and been to SBA

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? The community

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Copenhagen

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? 1 or 2

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: im on mobile ill edit later lol

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Do I have to learn French? And Apples or Pineapple?

Player Name:
Veli Kaalinpaa

DFD

Player Page:
Update Page:
Both in my sig

Current Activity Level:
8-9

Planned Activity Level:
8-9

A cup, and nothing less

no waw is dis

Destroying Toronto over and over and over

VIVA LA IMPACT

With a couple friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post:
I'm a relatively new hockey fan, but didn't that end up resulting in a new rule re: screening goalies? I'm not 100% sure, though.

Buttplug?

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Player Name: Otto Lahti

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Two Way Defenceman

Player Page: In sig

Update Page: Also in sig

Current Activity Level: 8ish

Planned Activity Level: 8-9

What do you expect out of your first season? Fun and playing time

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Yeet you know me

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Playing simulation hockey

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Idek tbh

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? One or two friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Avery = GOD

Finally, do you have any questions for us? nah

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Player Name: Teemu Sirius

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Offensive Forward (sniper basically but with Strength Puck Handling and Scoring as strengths)

Player Page:http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...73377&st=0

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73379

Current Activity Level: 10

Planned Activity Level: 9.9

What do you expect out of your first season? i expect playing time and to light the lamp

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which?once or twice

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you?the goal scoring

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? I miss the impact. what have you monsters done???

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? i don't like groups or crowds. i also don't have 2 friends.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'. anything you can do to help your team win, you gotta do it, especially in the playoffs.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? why haven't you drafted me yet?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Player Name: Smirnov Light

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Playmaker

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=72884

Update Page: eh... you can find it hahah.

Current Activity Level: 4, but that's because I've been waiting for PT's to do and the draft.

What do you expect out of your first season? Decent amount of minutes, hopefully be a +.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Yes, this one.

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Progressing with other rookies

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Since I was a former Impact.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Large group, more variety.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: fucking Avery :lol:

Finally, do you have any questions for us? no

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Player Name: John Langabeer

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73767

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73793

Current Activity Level: Just getting back to the league from the old days, so 8/10

Planned Activity Level: around that 8/10 - 9/10

What do you expect out of your first season? I hope to be a key player on the team and bring the fans out of their seats. I want to battle for a championship.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Yes, this exact league a couple years ago, eventually work got in the way.

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Well I love the league, I have been apart of it before and this is my ReCreate.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? I love the city of Montreal, and I feel like I can provide a boost to your offense.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? I am more of a one or two group guy, have your close friends.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: First off hilarious, but at the time very very creative and very very Avery like, wouldn't expect it from anyone else.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

Player Name: Bojan Filipovic

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73547

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act...47&t=73814

Current Activity Level: 8

Planned Activity Level: 9

What do you expect out of your first season? A fair amount of points, a good run in the play-offs, and just maybe a Rookie Of The Year award.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Why yes I have, this is my second player my first player was pretty good in the SMJHL (Jacob Andrews) didn't do too good in the SHL hence why I retired him. But he was on the Mammoths and a heavy rival with Montreal, the Montreal Impact back then. So I wouldn't mind having it vice-versa this time.

I honestly love everything. Can't specifically select one.

They we're a fantastic team, back when I had my first player so I'd assume they still are, and would love to play for a team with their caliber also used to live in Montreal for three years in real life.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Two friends.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Savage.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Do you need a winger like me on your team?