Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.):
Two-Way D

Player Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73571

Update Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73619

Current Activity Level:

Planned Activity Level:

What do you expect out of your first season?
I want to see if my player is legit. Some good minutes. Some juicy hits. Playoffs

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which?
Here.. Almost 3 years

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you?
The season

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia?
Montreal Impact affiliate (with no LR access because everyone has forgotten that Oliver Pettyfer helped get that fucking cup ;D)

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends?
One or 2 friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post:
I can't explain. I am shitty with NHL history.

Finally, do you have any questions for us?
Nope, all good!

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Player Name: Harper Wright

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): TWC, Bergeron style

Player Page:

Update Page:

Current Activity Level: 8 (finals week next week)

Planned Activity Level: 10 during winter break, 9 after

What do you expect out of your first season? The first season in the SMJHL is all about making friends and having fun so I expect to mentor the new members in the locker room and help my team out, help boost all around actiity

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Been here a long time, did VHL, SBA, and was a founding member of NABA before it shut down

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Its all about the rivalries and immersion, having fun with your team and watching your team beat the others

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? It isn't a fucking clone of an MLS team anymore :lol:

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Depends what kind of dinner. Probably 1 or 2 friends because it can take place in multiple settings. You can Bro down with pizza and power up the xbox or go out and eat at a real restaurant

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Sean Avery is a fucking goon

Finally, do you have any questions for us? nooope Smile

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Player Name:
Tommy Salami

OFD

Player Page:
Player Page

Update Page:
Update Page

Current Activity Level:
Just started

Planned Activity Level:

Get some experience and do whatever I can to help win!

Played in a be a gm connected with a couple buddies before

The community, and having some fun becoming a pro hockey player.

Montreal is a pretty sweet town, drove through it once in grade 8 so it's basically a second home.

Large group, small group, all I care about is what's on the menu.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post:
I loved it. I understand why the NHL made a rule against it, but to show such innovation in a game that's over a 100 years old that the league made a new rule as quickly as it did is pretty impressive. Also pretty damn funny.

Are you feeling the sexual tension in the air? I know I am.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Player Name:
Vinny Marino

Power Forward

Player Page:
Vinny Marino Player Page

Update Page:
Vinny Marino Update Page

Current Activity Level:
I just joined SHL today, however I've been writing and reading about it all day. Also joined the Discord!

Planned Activity Level:
While I do not expect to spend all day every day on here, I do expect to maintain a regular presence here in the SHL. As I am a college student, I expect there to be minor scheduling conflicts but nothing I can't work through.

To further familiarize myself with the SHL and its community, as well as gain the valuable experience and knowledge needed to further my SHL career.

Nope, this is my first simulation league.

The community! I love being a part of something bigger than myself, and getting to know fellow hockey fans.

I am very much a fan of their culture. I'm a Marine veteran, and that type of environment certainly resonates with me.

Ideally, one or two friends. It makes the situation much more intimate and personal, as you are able to give your full attention to those you are enjoying dinner with.

Sean Avery is a Goddamn Rangers legend.

None at this moment, thank you for your time!

Player Name: Yuriy Starkonov

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Playmaker

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73835

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73838

Current Activity Level: Just started

Planned Activity Level: Minor (two or three times a week at most because of real life commitments).

What do you expect out of your first season? To learn how to play SHL so that in the future I can the best SHL player i can be

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? No

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Creating an entirely fictional hockey player personality, complete with tweets and off-ice training regimen

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? Seems like a really cool group to learn SHL with

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? One or two close friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Avery is a washout, and Marty is the greatest goalie to ever play the game.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? What can you offer Yuriy Starkonov in terms of player/talent development?

Player Name:
Robin Wexter
Two-Way Defenseman
Player Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=73883
Update Page:

Current Activity Level:
8/10
Planned Activity Level:
Starting School soon, 7/10
I would love to be a successful player that can help with a playoff push, but for my rookie season, I mostly want to focus on learning the ropes so that I can get to that point
No
The community. I always enjoy finding people to discuss my interests with, and hockey is a big passion of mine.
I would like to find a team that is willing to help me out during my rookie season. While I'm sure all of the SMJHL teams would do this for me, Montreal seems to have a culture centered around success, which is very appealing.
The more, the merrier!
That's pretty funny, but it's even funnier considering he wasn't technically breaking any rules when he did it.
I hate the Montreal Canadiens with a passion. (I am no longer a Boston fan, but I was raised as one) Is that a dealbreaker?

Player Name: Dante Gallo

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Playmaker

Player Page: Player Page

Update Page: Update Page

Current Activity Level:

Planned Activity Level:

The ability to try and prove myself and make an impact while attempting to win as much as possible.

Nope

Being in the community

Montreal has a winning culture and it's the type of environment I wan't to develop in

A large group

Can't say it wasn't effective.

Nope

Player Name:
Eero Hämäläinen
offensive defenseman
Player Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73849
Update Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73852
Current Activity Level:
Planned Activity Level:
7-8
no expectations at all
no
the community seems awesome
to get a good start in the league
couple friends
lol
penpineapple or applepen?

Player Name:
Caelan Fearghal

Defensive defenseman

Player Page:
Voila!

Update Page:
Voila again!

Current Activity Level:
8 - spending a lot of time looking around, reading, and learning by doing!

Planned Activity Level:
6.5 - visit two to four times a week, at a guess

Generally, I expect that I’ll learn a fair bit about how all of this works. (Already gotten started on that!Wink I’m excited to see how games work with the simulator, especially how my player performs differently as I fiddle with his stats. I’m also hoping to enjoy some good discussions and chatter with my SMJHL team, and start to get involved in the community in general.

Nope!

The combination of mostly freeform roleplay (via media articles and Twitter) and stat-based performance (in the simulator) is really intriguing; I think I’m going to enjoy it. (It’s also a good challenge for me as a technical writing student to get some experience in other genres of writing for a change.)

You seem to have a solid history, and teams with a history of success must be doing something right with their rookies!

One or two friends.

Given that I’m not a fan of either team in question, and I wasn’t following hockey when it occurred, I first have to say that it’s utterly hilarious to watch. However, I also think it’s a great example of how players (and coaches, and GMs… really, everyone involved in sports) can and will take advantage of imperfect rules, and rules need to be re-examined and updated to account for unexpected loopholes and such.

Does your team primarily interact here on the forums, or through Discord, or through some other medium? I don't know that I have a preference between those, but I'm curious.

Player Name:
Max Russakoff
Hybrid Goaltender
Player Page:
Max Russakoff Player Page
Update Page:
Max Russakoff Update Page
Current Activity Level:
8-9
Planned Activity Level:
8-9
A few starts here and there. I know playing time is very limited for rookie goaltenders
I have not played in a league per se but I do play a lot of EHM
The community aspect
I would love the chance to play in a hockey hotbed such as Montreal
Two friends, I prefer to be around close friends, in quieter settings
Unfathomable rage. Urge to blocker in the face
Can I get paid in poutine?

Player Name:
Jack Dodds
Two-Way Defenseman
Player Page:
Player Page
Update Page:
Update Page
Current Activity Level:
Planned Activity Level:
I expect to grow as a player as well as helping the team capture a championship
no I haven't
The people in the community and being able to interact with them as well as lend a hand when needed
This team is dedicated to winning as well as developing a culture surrounding that, and i believe being able to learn from that kind of atmosphere would be a privilege
i would prefer to have dinner with a large group as you're able to interact with so many different people and build so many more different relationships
You have to do what you have to do to get the two points at the end of the game
No

Player Name:Michael Walker

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Sniper

Player Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=73914

Update Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?act=ST&f=647&t=74095

Current Activity Level: 6

Planned Activity Level: 8

What do you expect out of your first season? Learning how to play and improving my player

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? No

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? The ability to sim a character and run him through the league

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia?I like the logo and color scheme

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? One or two friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: That's bogus on Avery, if I was goalie I would be pissed

Finally, do you have any questions for us?Nope, thanks

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates

Player Name: Rurik Razin

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): PW

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73668

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=74091

Current Activity Level: 8

Planned Activity Level: 8

What do you expect out of your first season? A chance to see my player in action with decent minutes

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? Yes

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Awards, recognition, general success.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? I've never played for them before with my previous players

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? One or two friends

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Amusement

Finally, do you have any questions for us? No, thank you. Wink

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Player Name: Teddy Kesler

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): TWF

Player Page: Click sig.

Update Page: Updates.

Current Activity Level: Been back for 2 days, hard to say.

Planned Activity Level: Medium-high. I'll do PTs/Train/contribute to LR but I probably won't be on all day.

What do you expect out of your first season? Not much. As long as I'm above inactives I'm happy.

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? SHL, VHL, SBA, GOMHL, Wasty's GM league, a couple failed baseball leagues, some failed soccer league.

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Too much to list.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? I was a part of the Impact and if Baller is still GM, I was on the Dragons with him for a long time.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Depends.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Historical is a bit much for anything related to Sean Avery.

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Y U NO CHANGE BAK 2 IMPAXT

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Player Name: Zanarkand Abes

Player Type (e.g. Sniper, TWD, etc.): Sniper

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73905

Update Page: Will have one after I finish all these threads so I can get TPE Wink

Current Activity Level: fairly active

Planned Activity Level: about the same with more of a commitment on updating my player

What do you expect out of your first season? Little to no ice time but opportunities to update my player

Have you ever played in a sim league before - hockey or otherwise? Which? none

Which aspect of the SHL sounds like the most enjoyable to you? Just talking to all the good people here.

Why do you want to play for the Montreal Militia? I am an alum and I want to help bring this franchise to past glories.

Would you prefer to have dinner in a large group or with one or two friends? Doesn't matter much to me.

Explain your feelings on this historical moment in NHL history that is shown at the bottom of this post: Pretty fucking hilarious lmao

Finally, do you have any questions for us? Why is <a href='index.php?showuser=1622' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Copenhagen</a> poo?