Create Account

Minnesota Chiefs Announce RFA/Prospect Short List

05-25-2019, 05:50 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: If the HO wants to outlaw public tampering than they should go ahead and do so already. They had the perfect chance to after they held their public witch-hunt of Clardy. They didn’t, instead opting to write an opaque addendum that clarified very little.

If there's one thing we've learned about the SHL, it's that if you draw the line at a specific point, certain people will walk all the way up to that line and dare you to say something about it.

I don't think "within reason" is an unreasonable definition (no pun intended) to allow for context and I do think this OP is not within reason, but I won't be offended if nothing comes of it either.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 06:04 PM by karey.)

05-25-2019, 05:52 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-25-2019, 05:30 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: It’s within the rules if the public tampering is “within reason”. Don’t see an argument for this being a reasonable tampering comment. It’s a full out essay targeted at a single team’s prospect pool.

You can go to the RFA page and find every prospect there so it’s not like prospect information is a big secret. I think what it comes down to is did Daco say anything other then hyping up these players that breaks any rules?  I don’t see it as being illegal cause nothing about contracts were discussed.. straddling the line doesn’t mean he went over it.

If HO wants to re-evaluate the grey area of this post then they should without retroactively punishing something not against the current rules.

The distinction is that this doesn't just list a teams RFA. It states why that RFA would have more success joining their team over being log-jammed in their current situation.

This feels way yuckier than a simple list of available RFA's.
The spirit of this wasn't parody or providing information. It was a loop hole to planting seeds to those players as to why they should join Minnesota without talking to them directly and secretly.

05-25-2019, 05:41 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: I definitely would not have done it myself. I totally get why it would and should piss you off. It’s not a god look for him at all. Of course you are going to fight for your team. Not in any way trying to say you should not do so. Ultimately though, no dollar amounts were discussed nor anything else that falls under the rules as written, at least that I can see. That being said, the HO has been known to make up new rules as they go along and enforce them retroactively, in the past. We’ll all find  It together, I guess

05-25-2019, 05:52 PMMike Izzy Wrote: You can go to the RFA page and find every prospect there so it’s not like prospect information is a big secret. I think what it comes down to is did Daco say anything other then hyping up these players that breaks any rules?  I don’t see it as being illegal cause nothing about contracts were discussed.. straddling the line doesn’t mean he went over it.

If HO wants to re-evaluate the grey area of this post then they should without retroactively punishing something not against the current rules.

Quote:Tampering
Tampering is defined as approaching a player under contract with another team outside of the public forums, with the purpose of persuading them to join your team
This includes any private discussion involving leaving the team with whom the player is under contract with the purpose of joining the offender’s team
Public comments are allowed within reason. For example, no member may offer or discuss a contract to a player currently under contract with another team either in public or in private.

If you two really want to play this game then let's look at the exact wording of the rulebook. Offering/discussing a contract is a single example of something that isn't considered "within reason". Not the only thing that isn't within reason.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

05-25-2019, 05:30 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-25-2019, 05:24 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Not saying this was the right thing to do. It is certainly ethically questionable. Nevertheless, it is completely within the rules.
It’s within the rules if the public tampering is “within reason”. Don’t see an argument for this being a reasonable tampering comment. It’s a full out essay targeted at a single team’s prospect pool.

It's within reason because it shows some of those players they could start off their career in a more starring roles, but it's not like buffalo will be losing them anyways, worst thing that can happen is that theyll realize their potential and want more minutes. It doesn't really hurt you in anyway. It's also a good criteria of what minny needs and what kind of roles FAs would see when the team tries to recruit FAs this offseason. It's also a media article.

And yall got some smart ass snide shit to say.. ( other than buffalo they got a right to be pissed cuz they know daco last paragraph is fact lmao) you probably haven't been able to stay on one or two teams without becoming salty or have no heart/ killer instinct. Hop off that salt wagon and learn how to hype your team up and be creative instead of hatin on Chiefs. Yall got alot of shit to say about minny and not doing shit to help your own team foh

Doubt is a dream killer

05-25-2019, 06:04 PMsarmo Wrote:
05-25-2019, 05:30 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: It’s within the rules if the public tampering is “within reason”. Don’t see an argument for this being a reasonable tampering comment. It’s a full out essay targeted at a single team’s prospect pool.

It's within reason because it shows some of those players they could start off their career in a more starring roles, but it's not like buffalo will be losing them anyways, worst thing that can happen is that theyll realize their potential and want more minutes. It doesn't really hurt you in anyway. It's also a good criteria of what minny needs and what kind of roles FAs would see when the team tries to recruit FAs this offseason. It's also a media article.

And yall got some smart ass snide shit to say.. ( other than buffalo they got a right to be pissed cuz they know daco last paragraph is fact lmao)  you probably haven't been able to stay on one or two teams without becoming salty or have no heart/ killer instinct. Hop off that salt wagon and learn how to hype your team up and be creative instead of hatin on Chiefs. Yall got alot of shit to say about minny and not doing shit to help your own team foh

I want to be part of the Sarmy Army and have him fight for me. Boy knows how to spit words

05-25-2019, 06:07 PMkarey Wrote:
05-25-2019, 06:04 PMsarmo Wrote: It's within reason because it shows some of those players they could start off their career in a more starring roles, but it's not like buffalo will be losing them anyways, worst thing that can happen is that theyll realize their potential and want more minutes. It doesn't really hurt you in anyway. It's also a good criteria of what minny needs and what kind of roles FAs would see when the team tries to recruit FAs this offseason. It's also a media article.

And yall got some smart ass snide shit to say.. ( other than buffalo they got a right to be pissed cuz they know daco last paragraph is fact lmao)  you probably haven't been able to stay on one or two teams without becoming salty or have no heart/ killer instinct. Hop off that salt wagon and learn how to hype your team up and be creative instead of hatin on Chiefs. Yall got alot of shit to say about minny and not doing shit to help your own team foh

I want to be part of the Sarmy Army and have him fight for me. Boy knows how to spit words

Ilyy senku

But nah it comes from the heart

Doubt is a dream killer

[Image: 4c83061cffe2294a0538ad94d2d438f1.gif]

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 06:19 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-25-2019, 06:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: If you two really want to play this game then let's look at the exact wording of the rulebook. Offering/discussing a contract is a single example of something that isn't considered "within reason". Not the only thing that isn't within reason.

we see these straddling the line posts every few seasons and the people affected run in quick to sentence... I understand it. it’s frustrating to feel like you’ve been done wrong...but the league needs to be careful about jumping into the operation of ones thoughts and pulling out what you think there trying to say or do. Sometimes these posts are catalyst’s for change.. but not all of them need to be punished cause grey areas do not mean black and white areas.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-25-2019, 06:18 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-25-2019, 06:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: If you two really want to play this game then let's look at the exact wording of the rulebook. Offering/discussing a contract is a single example of something that isn't considered "within reason". Not the only thing that isn't within reason.

we see these straddling the line posts every few seasons and the people affected run in quick to sentence... I understand it. it’s frustrating to feel like you’ve been done wrong...but the league needs to be careful about jumping into the operation of ones thoughts and pulling out what you think there trying to do. Sometimes these posts are catalyst’s for change.. but not all of them need to be punished cause grey areas do not mean black and white areas.
Did you actually read the OP? It's crystal clear what the intentions were. They were malicious and targeted at a single group. This isn't a media piece that covers the best RFA's from around the league. This isn't a media piece that simply discusses the holes in Minnesota's roster. It's a blatant attempt to convince four players from Buffalo to come play for the Chiefs. There's not a lot of guesswork involved here.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Oof, I dunno what's a worse look: writing this article or defending it

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

I appreciate the kind words and ill let the other GMs no u the shit out of this.

But my heart is in Buffalo

If this is “within reason” than “immediately” return Bathory to LAP lol

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Why would they even want to sign with MIN, anyway? LR's a graveyard. Don't know why anyone would want to be there after wuma, Baelor, and GCool all publicly opted out.

Good try, though. Feel bad for Shmurph hiring this clown.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

05-25-2019, 07:01 PMhhh81 Wrote: Why would they even want to sign with MIN, anyway? LR's a graveyard. Don't know why anyone would want to be there after wuma, Baelor, and GCool all publicly opted out.

Good try, though. Feel bad for Shmurph hiring this clown.

Eh, LR has been fine IMO, and i'm big on having a good LR.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

I, for one, await the ex post facto that is coming at Minnesota

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]