Create Account

S47 PT #4 - Naked and Afraid: SHL Edition
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2019, 05:55 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Left in the Brazilian Amazon with nothing but my strong knowledge of the STHS i moved through the jungle cautiously, uncertain if i would ever get back to the Big Parm to play another SHL game! One of the first things i noticed is the insects here have no respect for bounderies.... #balls-izzy were being bitten like a warm baguette...

Thankfully it didnt take long before i heard the voices of humans and through the timber came Kit Smeb of Chicago and Chuck Crutchfield of Texas!!  i was never happier to see opposing players before! this was now our team and we had to win this one!

[Image: pNJ39So.png]

After some pleasantries we each displayed the 1 survival item we were allowed to bring and I must admit that Chuck and Kit didnt seem all too impressed with my choice.

[Image: hdHexQ4.jpg]

Day 4 was a memorable one in this journey as the 3 of us put our talents together to build our home in the jungle.

It's day 17 and food has become a major issue for the 3 of us... i have not had a thing to eat other then them delicious  #brand-izzy bran muffins back on day 2 and i fear that Clutchfield, Smeb and i may not have enough energy for the final day's extraction hike if we dont find something to eat!

With what little energy we had left, it was time for us to make a stand!.. so we traveled north towards the riverbank hoping to find some wildlife to hunt.. we walked all day long in the simmering heat with nothing to show for it... hunger had taken over! and i was ready to tap out.. when out of nowhere Kit took out his his bow and began creeping towards something...

He got in position... and fired an arrow!.....

[Image: b72wrb7.jpg]

It was a memorable moment for me as Chuck, Kit and I shared SHL stories with dirty water and delicious blobfish under the fire of the nights jungle...  Kit Smeb and I havent always seen eye to eye but we broke bread on day 17 and had some good laughs.. turns out hes a good dude and i think the experience has given us both a healthy new respect for each other.  To be honest its ashame that had to end on day 18..

Sadly the long hike exposed Kit to a pathogen and when he woke up on day 18 his foot was looking strange.

[Image: 1vhdQN0.jpg]

With Chicago deep in the playoff hunt the medics felt it was time to get that foot looked after. Kit didnt want to leave.. the man has the heart of a survivolist!.. and Chuck and I decided to dedicate the rest of the time to Smeb and his will to win.

My time in the Brazilian Amazon was one of the hardest things ive ever done and it inspired me to start a new non profit organization called 'convenience stores in the wild' ... so being hungry in the jungle isnt a death sentence.

Thank you @ligma and @kit for sharing this journey with #Izzy.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Messages In This Thread
RE: S47 PT #4 Naked and Afraid: SHL Edition - by DeletedAtUserRequest - 05-11-2019, 05:16 PM