Create Account

Player Inactivity Penalty in Juniors

Speaking as an SMJHL GM and Updater, I disagree with this for a few reasons

1. As a GM, I want to play actives as much as I can but I also want my team to do as well as possible. No one wants to spend their rookie season going -30, 10 points and losing 80% of the games. As rookies get more TPE they always will supplant Inactives on the depth chart. People want to win and see their player get better.

2. Who defines when a player is inactive and who's job would it be to comb through profiles to find out when they need to be reduced? I can tell you that it won't be the updaters since we already have enough of a workload on a normal weekend that this would add a massive burden to it.

3. Teams are already limited to 2 IFA's over 200 TPE and 3 between 200 and 165. This would affect such a small proportion of the league that it feels like an unnecessary change.

4. Proposed changes to Capped players in later seasons will already put IFA's at a disadvantage as they would stay at 350 and actives would surpass them.

5. If the stats get downgraded and someone posts the next day then they still have a full week of sims until their stats are changed based on how we handle player updates. No one is going to get a mid-week fix for this and will suddenly cause their players to be much worse and less likely that you might get an IFA to come back.

6. Simon is black magic fuckery and we all know it. There is tons of luck and half the time a 250 TPE player will outplay a capped player for no good reason.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Player Inactivity Penalty in Juniors - by JNH - 09-12-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: Player Inactivity Penalty in Juniors - by uhh - 09-12-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: Player Inactivity Penalty in Juniors - by SpartanGibbles - 09-12-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: Player Inactivity Penalty in Juniors - by uhh - 09-12-2019, 08:18 PM