Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 06:16 PM by trella. Edited 4 times in total.)

@scudmuffin19 i honestly think your idea of what a forum/league should be is just pretty outdated and its causing some pretty bigoted undertones (some would say overtones) to come out in your posts. you are stuck in the past when you can be bigoted and it be "normal". casual bigotry is not as normalized now, at least on many online spaces, and that is for the better. the purpose of this league is not to provide an open forum where one can say anything they want. this is supposed to be a semi-controlled environment where people can have fun and safely be a part of a community. it would make no sense for teams with lgbtq gms and players to remove this question. and like many others have said, there are still plenty of teams who will allow these types of users on their teams.

it's one thing to complain about a perceived issue on the forum or play devil's advocate. i can't judge you for that because i have done it a lot myself. but to make a post like this about the specific issue you are complaining about is really sus man. the only reason someone would want to complain about something like this is because they are uncomfortable with their own or other people's bigotry being exposed. if you dont have qualms against lgbtq people then wearing the jersey shouldnt be a problem. you could even lie and just say yes if you're that concerned about not limiting your options. but no, you are upset about a question about pride jerseys... for what reason exactly? also, phrasing it as "polarizing questions" and as "controversial" seems very disingenuous to me. you use "polarizing" as if its a bad thing in this circumstance, but the very purpose of the question is exactly to polarize individuals (potentially like yourself) who are too bigoted to even lie on that question. those type of people make this league inherently unsafe for its lgbtq members. also, what the hell is so controversial about pride jerseys? if not for bigotry there would be no controversy.

tldr; there's nothing wrong with those questions and its really sus that you're upset about them

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs - by trella - 03-27-2024, 04:38 PM