Create Account

'Clutch Players'

Hey,

I'm not nearly as active as I used to be a few years ago, but I've noticed there's quite a bit of concern when it comes to lack of disparity in sim results, namely in the playoffs. I think it's important for both sides of the argument to understand the other; you don't want the same teams winning everything all the time, but you also don't want to discourage GM's trying to build a dynasty or a super team. I thought about this a little bit and came up with a unique way this could potentially be curbed in the SMJHL.

Clutch players.

..or whatever you want to call them. Here's the idea; at the conclusion of the regular season, each playoff-bound team can choose one player on their roster to add all banked TPE. It could be a forward, defender, or their goalie... doesn't matter.. just one player per team will be their 'clutch player'.

I think this adds a unique aspect to the playoffs, mainly because the other GM's will now have to adjust their tactics based on the other team's 'clutch players.

Do you go all-offense and choose and a forward?
Do you make an iron-curtain defense?
Do you use the best juniors goalie in the world?

Of course, this is just a rough idea & surely other restrictions could / would be added. Just looking to start a conversation.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Messages In This Thread
'Clutch Players' - by NJBadApple - 04-16-2022, 10:20 PM
RE: 'Clutch Players' - by ACapitalChicago - 04-16-2022, 10:29 PM
RE: 'Clutch Players' - by Merica - 04-16-2022, 11:07 PM
RE: 'Clutch Players' - by ACapitalChicago - 04-16-2022, 11:11 PM
RE: 'Clutch Players' - by Merica - 04-17-2022, 12:29 PM
RE: 'Clutch Players' - by ACapitalChicago - 04-17-2022, 02:08 PM
RE: 'Clutch Players' - by Merica - 04-17-2022, 05:27 PM