Create Account

S42 Earlybird PT - IIHF Championships

Ice rinks in Texas? Who would have guessed that?

Growing up in the incredibly hot desert of West Texas, it was difficult to find practice facilities. My dad wanted me to play football like he did. "Friday Night Lights" was his dream for me. But much like that movie, Varsity Blues, I told him, "I don't want your life!" and he instantly knew his six-year-old son was one tough mother. The next day he took me to the rink, slapped some skates on me, and away I went. I tore up the ice faster than any of the other kids, and ended up playing up two whole leagues. No colleges in Texas have a decent hockey program, so I’m really looking forward to the new faces, new places, and new challenges facing me in the SMJHL.

I'm carving my own path. From the oil fields to the SMJHL. It's time to show the world what Texas can do.

Messages In This Thread
S42 Earlybird PT - IIHF Championships - by Jenny - 07-02-2018, 05:09 PM
RE: S42 Earlybird PT - IIHF Championships - by DannyMethane - 07-05-2018, 05:52 PM