Create Account

S42 Earlybird PT - IIHF Championships
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2018, 06:52 PM by KillTheArchitect.)

What can I say about the Czech Republic? What does it mean to me? My brother and I left the Czech Republic with our mother and father at the age of 10. We had been recruited fairly young to a Canadian youth development program. So at the young age of 10, my brother Kristof and I packed our bags and said goodbye to our friends and family. With the hopes that one day we would return with all the skills necessary to build our nation into the hockey powerhouse it so rightfully deserves to be. I think my brother and I followed a similar path many talented European players take, to go to Canada to get into a competitive hockey program. All with the hopes of getting drafted into Major Junior, The SMJHL and the final stepping stone to going pro, the SHL.

Like any Czech national, of course my brother and I cheer for the Czech Republic. We look forward to cheering on our brothers at the WJC and other fellow Eastern-Europeans under the USSR banner. Sadly my brother and I will not be playing for our WJC team this year. But mark my [our] words, we will be on that team next year and gold will be ours.  Don’t @ us.

I write this short passage for any who may be interested in myself, Oliver Kovacs, my brother and best friend Kristof Kovacs and any other SMJHL draft hopefuls! Tonight we embark on the next chapter of our lives! To all my friends and family thank you for all the help you have given us, the support and love you show lights a fire in our hearts that cannot be contained. We will make you all proud.
-    Oliver Kovacs

Messages In This Thread
S42 Earlybird PT - IIHF Championships - by Jenny - 07-02-2018, 05:09 PM
RE: S42 Earlybird PT - IIHF Championships - by KillTheArchitect - 07-08-2018, 06:51 PM