Create Account

SHL Auction Draft?

rip

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Just need to organize it a little more and start a little earlier. I'm sure we can get it together for next offseason because I do think its a good idea.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Yeah..true...maybe the system could be like - everyone nominates a player and then people do blind bidding. Like send in their bids on the player. When all the bids are in for the player, the winner is relieved and he gets it. If you don't want the player, you just send 0$ bid or something low, so you know you lose. That would be more efficient and interesting as you would have to try to figure out the amount you could win the bid.

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by iOBESE@Oct 6 2016, 04:39 PM
Yeah..true...maybe the system could be like - everyone nominates a player and then people do blind bidding. Like send in their bids on the player. When all the bids are in for the player, the winner is relieved and he gets it. If you don't want the player, you just send 0$ bid or something low, so you know you lose. That would be more efficient and interesting as you would have to try to figure out the amount you could win the bid.
interesting idea, but that isn't an auction draft. I also think that the system wasn't the problem, more that it wasn't really organized well enough to work. It's alright though. It was an experiment, was fun while it lasted, and I look forward to trying it out again next season.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Yeah, was thinking of maybe every person placing a guy on bid for 18 hours but that's not really an auction draft

I think we need to start earlier for sure. It might also make sense to send a PM to everyone when a new player is nominated with the time and opening bid amount. Something like that anyway. We have time to work out the details.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]