Create Account

S50 WFT #2 - Movie Night

Olivier is a movie buff, especially horror, and he would jump at the chance to pick a movie for the team to watch. He'd probably bring some options, but A Quiet Place and The Witch are two of his recent faves.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Corey is a bit of an odd duck, so he would choose to make the team watch the worlds greatest comedy. This is of course Forgetting Sarah Marshall. He will naturally be quoting every single line and laughing before all the jokes come out.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Luca isn't very much of a movie guy, not too often does he watch movies. Too much to do. But probably to celebrate a bit of October, and with the sequel coming out soon, it would be good to watch Zombieland with everyone so we can all be ready for the sequel next week.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Both in and out of character, we are watching Love Actually.  One of the greatest of all time Christmas movies with an unbelievable collection of turtlenecks.  We are all gonna wear turtlenecks and drink hot chocolate, I don't give a heck that it's still October.  Don't @ me.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I selected True Romance for movie night. Everyone this it's some kind of romantic movie and it certainly is. Some guy falls in love with a prostitute and finds a bunch of drugs, gets chased by the mob, and then a whole bunch of craziness happens. Written by Tarantino, directed by Tony Scott, has an amazing cast.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

When I found out the team would be holding a movie night and that I was required to bring my own film, my first thought was panic. My teammates know that I basically hate everything and I'm almost certain they decided on this just because I would hate it. Anyway, the keys to picking a good film for a movie night are: 1) a film everyone can watch (we have some young'uns on the team), 2) a short film (don't pick a long film, it it's bad it won't be fun), and finally 3) pick something exciting or interesting (not a comedy or romance and definitely not a musical). Taking my own advice and knowing I too would have to watch the film (I dislike rewatching films if I can remember what happened), I managed to narrow down my choices to two options. Ultimately, I decided to take Coach Carter after a lot of thinking. It's based on a true story (always a good option) and is also about sport (perfect for a hockey team) but most importantly, it has Samuel L. Jackson and also the amazing Channing Tatum in his film debut.

If Mikael Choybuk had to a pick a movie for the team to watch, it would be Interstellar. Similar to Ilya Bryzgalov and his thoughts on the universe that turned into a meme, Choybuk is heavily interested in outer space. He thinks it would be a great learning and bonding experience for the team.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Kirkby loves the old Vietnam war films so it would be a toss up between apocalypse now and full metal jacket, both classic films that everyone should have seen.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

It was a toss-up between backdoor sluts 9 (a classic) and MVP (most valuable primate), but the movie with fewer monkeys won. This movie is a good fit, since it shows that a wild monkey with no training can go on and be the best in the league, as well as create unexpected relationships along the way, which is perfect for the Dragons lockerroom. Additionally, with all of our training, we should be better than a damn monkey.

10-13-2019, 05:19 PMdylanjj37 Wrote: When I found out the team would be holding a movie night and that I was required to bring my own film, my first thought was panic. My teammates know that I basically hate everything and I'm almost certain they decided on this just because I would hate it. Anyway, the keys to picking a good film for a movie night are: 1) a film everyone can watch (we have some young'uns on the team), 2) a short film (don't pick a long film, it it's bad it won't be fun), and finally 3) pick something exciting or interesting (not a comedy or romance and definitely not a musical). Taking my own advice and knowing I too would have to watch the film (I dislike rewatching films if I can remember what happened), I managed to narrow down my choices to two options. Ultimately, I decided to take Coach Carter after a lot of thinking. It's based on a true story (always a good option) and is also about sport (perfect for a hockey team) but most importantly, it has Samuel L. Jackson and also the amazing Channing Tatum in his film debut.

seems you missed the memo, def doing a whole movie week!

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Goku breaks out a classic comedy as Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail is on the schedule!

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"
"'Tis only a flesh wound!"
"We are the Knights who say Ni!"
"What is the air-speed velocity of a European swallow!"

Ah so many classic scenes and lines, and a movie that holds up brilliantly even over the years!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

It was Jakub's turn to pick a movie for movie night and he went with the Russian 5. A movie that was released this summer talked about the first lineup all Russian lineup in North American hockey. He hoped seeing the movie would get the team to come together and play with amazing chemistry like the players in the movie would. While Jakub loved the movie the effects of it on his teammates have yet to be seen,

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

We will watch the Runaway movie and then Jesus Is King when it comes out. Why? Because Kanye West is the greatest and everything he makes is gold. and his movies are amazing and so romantic and set a great mood for team bonding.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

For some reason I feel like the Minnesota crew is really into stupid fun action movies, so what better movie to watch than 2010s the Expandables?

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I have decided that the LA Panthers will watch the movie Blockers. This is to show the toughest people in the world (John Cena) can still enjoy a buttchug. What will this teach the team? Not much. But hey, maybe someone will buttchug.

Code:
43 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]