Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Buzz

I think GMs should be paid, it should come out of the Team Budget, and while they should be paid, they shouldn't go nuts with it either. Maybe 1-2$ Million per year. (32)

Quote:Originally posted by Dweaves08+Jun 11 2018, 01:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dweaves08 @ Jun 11 2018, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Or just do it as a base salary & then bonus payouts for winning championship/gm awards.[/b]
Often the hardest working GMs are the ones who's teams are at the bottom of the league, I'd hate to have move of their pay be based on championships (especially, as was said, due to STHS's randomness). And awards are SO subjective, I definitely would strongly disagree with GM pay being even partially based on those - I could see all awards have monetary bonuses, but definitely not GM only.

<!--QuoteBegin-Gilmore Tuttle@Jun 11 2018, 03:28 PM
I think GMs should be paid, it should come out of the Team Budget, and while they should be paid, they shouldn't go nuts with it either. Maybe 1-2$ Million per year. (32)[/quote]
We actually used to have Management Budget, it was gotten rid of maybe five seasons back. The problem becomes that GMs don't want to take away from team budget, so they won't choose to pay themselves if it's taking money away from a free agent possibility.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Gilmore Tuttle@Jun 11 2018, 02:28 PM
I think GMs should be paid, it should come out of the Team Budget, and while they should be paid, they shouldn't go nuts with it either. Maybe 1-2$ Million per year. (32)
Yeah.. nobody is going to pay themselves a dime more than they absolutely have to if it’s coming from the team budget. We tried that before.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jun 11 2018, 08:53 AM
No, I don't think we should pay GM's, because if a GM wants to make boat loads of money the option is always there to pay themselves with a big contract for their player. GM jobs are among the most coveted positions in this league as well, it's a luxury and a privilege to be a GM in this league for most people and they shouldn't be paid for it speaking as a former GM, IMO.
shut your old ass up brandon I need this money <_<

Quote:Originally posted by BoucherFan12+Jun 11 2018, 08:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (BoucherFan12 @ Jun 11 2018, 08:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->We should definitely pay GMs, and I think a nice amount. Around 10-11 mil every 3 weeks. They do a lot of work and don’t slack.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Toxic@Jun 11 2018, 10:41 AM
GMs should definitely get paid. I can't wrap my head around why they're not getting paid. I'm no expert by any means but I know that being a GM and running a team is no small or effortless feat. I say they should be paid anywhere from 5 to 10 million a season, all depending on the amount of work they put in.[/quote]

10 mil is way too much and I say that as a GM. 5mil is probably the max reasonable amount since that pays for a near full season of training on it's own.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ml002@Jun 11 2018, 02:58 PM

10 mil is way too much and I say that as a GM. 5mil is probably the max reasonable amount since that pays for a near full season of training on it's own.
Well, the GM pay + player contract likely would. Training is ~8m per season, not including any equipment or redistribution costs (which I consider luxuries and shouldn’t be covered by an absurd GM salary).

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 11 2018, 02:44 PM

shut your old ass up brandon I need this money&nbsp; <_<
Pay yourself you bum, I've heard the horror stories about you negotiating salaries with your poor, innocent young players. I know you have the cash to spare.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

I honestly believe that GMs should be paid. They pour hours in every week out of their lives to game plan and help make the league run. When the off season comes, they spend even more time by trying to find the right fit for their team as well, through free agency and the draft. It is quite silly that they aren’t paid yet.

(64 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

GM is a position that people want, the demand is high, so we shouldn't be paying them. If they want to be paid, they should resign and let someone else do it.

If I was paid to be a GM, id still be a GM right now. Which means no one else would have gotten their chance.

Code:
-Playoffs! Obviously, not every matchup has been solidified yet (although they will be before this PT closes). That being said, which (potential) matchup are you most excited about? Who do you think will be the key players on each end, and who do you think can pull out the wins?

I am most excited for LAP vs EDM because it does not involve <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>ztevans</a> and the Winnipeg Jets.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

Gm's probably spend the more time doing stuff than any other jobs out there, don't think there is any reason for them not to be paid. The whole 'being chosen is your reward' thing is nonsense

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

I don't think GMs should be paid. I don't see a need to devalue the worth of the SHL dollar even more, especially when GMs are willing to do it for free.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Jun 11 2018, 05:40 PM
Code:
-Playoffs! Obviously, not every matchup has been solidified yet (although they will be before this PT closes). That being said, which (potential) matchup are you most excited about? Who do you think will be the key players on each end, and who do you think can pull out the wins?

I am most excited for LAP vs EDM because it does not involve <a href='index.php?showuser=2327' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>ztevans</a> and the Winnipeg Jets.
This is a valid point.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Quote:Originally posted by raymond3000@Jun 11 2018, 06:00 PM
I don't think GMs should be paid. I don't see a need to devalue the worth of the SHL dollar even more, especially when GMs are willing to do it for free.
devaluing the SHL dollar lmao

gotta keep an eye on the exchange rate!

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 11 2018, 07:25 PM

devaluing the SHL dollar lmao

gotta keep an eye on the exchange rate!
Just trying to provide a different opinion. Honestly, GMs should probably get paid, but every time the league does have to be careful about how much money it gives out for jobs. There's a severe lack of quality media, and a big part of that is because of how easy it is to earn money by doing jobs.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars