Create Account

S47 Championship Week

TASK 13: PM

Task 01: (Written, 3 TPE)
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Montreal knows how to celebrate thier hometown heroes and my commemoration was no different, it took place right before a Montreal Impacts game and I was welcomed by the Mayor of the City Valerie Plante and I even received a custom made Impact jersey from the team captain Ignacio Piatti and team goalie Evan Bush which was an honor to receive. Later during a press conference I got to speak with QMJHL president Gilles Courteau about all things hockey in a diner with some other members of the local hockey community. Quite a day to be a local hero indeed! I was not alone to celebrate either, my two sons Jake and Thomas-Ludovic were in attendence as I wanted them to have a feel of what it was to he a hockey celebrity. It's a good life lesson to have to keep them humble and to know what can be given to them if they play at al Elite level during thier future career.

Word Count - 164

Task 03: (Written, 3 TPE)
If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?.. what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about? what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

I will go back a few seasons and reflect on when I was a member of the Detroit Falcons back in the SMJHL. As I was about to make my way to become a full time part of the Minnesota Chiefs I felt back then that I was ready and perform. Back then my weakness was in terms of size which I improved on since then and helped me greatly through the seasons. What I was sad to leave behind was a the whole Detroit organisation I felt, like I feel with Minnesota now, like it was a tight knit group which made me feel like I was with family and not part of just a hockey team. I was excited to be able to learn and play along great players at the Chiefs mentored by Oli O'Koivu and other great players like Bobby Watson, Terrence Nova, Noro Wozy and more.

Word Count - 151

Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE)
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

For Calgary, I would make it grand and spectacular I would hire the Dragon Fli Empire group to perform somewhat of a medieval / Game of Thrones inspired adaptation of the Canadian National Antem. Fire play, fancy costumes, elaborate choregraphy and more would be the idea behind this show. I would easily see a visual show on the ice where we see footage of a Dragon facing off against a Platoon of soldiers battling with the Dragon winning at the same time.

When it comes to the US National Antem I am going the classic military route, as the Platoon is a combat unit I am going to use the U.S. Army All-American Marching Band in order to parade and perform the National Antem for all to see. Again I want to bring a spectacle out of this not just the traditional singing then we're I don't find it entertaining enough. Similar to the Dragon's I would see a visual show happen too where a Platoon of soldiers battle a Dragon and conquers it.

Word Count - 173

Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE)
Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1 -- Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)

One thing is for sure no one expected the Dragons to get swept, I was expecting a harder fought battle between the two teams and although we got that in the first and fourth game, the second and third was all Platoon where Calgary has been playing catch-up the whole time.

2 -- A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

With the way things played out with the Finals, the Platoon had the advantage as they were playing clutch and were mostly never looking back when they played and took a lead. When the game was tied they never faltered which allowed them to prevail and ultimately win the Challenge Cup.

3 -- Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

MVP for the Platoon has got to be Crossfit Jesus, he produced 16 points ( 8 goals 8 passes ) and also netted the game winning goal to give West Kendall the Challenge Cup. Unsung hero for me would be Sofia Bennet, with her three power play goals against Calgary and her assists on key goals including the Cup winner definately for me it has the markings of the series' unsung hero.

4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?

As mentioned in the previous question my answer is Crossfit Jesus with the overtime game winning goal to sweep the Calgary Dragons and allow his team to hoist the cup once more. His contribution in key areas of play and his offensive tally of 16 points helped the team earn the honor of being the SHL Champions for Season 47

TASK 13: (*CASUAL MEMBER SPECIAL* Send answer in PM, up to 3 TPE)
PM sent to PT Director

Shl - = - Falcons - = - Patriotes - = - Canada - = - Shl
[Image: eqsu1WN.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 04:38 PM by ml002.)

Task 1: You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

Well Mikhail Lokitonov arrives in Vienna, Austria early in the morning. It had been a few weeks since the North Stars elimination at the hands of the Stampede and he had been rather down about his fourth straight first round elimination in a row. After missing the playoffs for so many seasons, finally making them a few seasons ago felt amazing but now it's just part of the cycle of a season to get eliminated. He was surprised at the airport by so many of his friends and family he hadn't seen in months and, in some cases, years. He gave his parents big hugs and all of his family. Then a man said that he was glad he was here and it turned out to the be mayor of Vienna there to give him a tour of the city and eventually the key to the city. Lokitonov had spent much of his developing years in city but that was nearly 10 years ago now. He was amazed by the change in the city, and even saw his old club's new rink, which he had helped fund with donations after he left at 17. He had a great day with his friends and family getting to remember the city that had been his playground for so many years but training camp was upon him so he had to return to Toronto.

Pick up to 6 challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
Before the finals, I thought that the West Kendall Platoon were just too good to lose this series. Calgary had massively overperformed to get to the final and many people felt that the Buffalo vs Platoon series was the real finals matchup. The star of the series was Dani Forsberg, the face of the current Toonza and ironically a former Dragon who left Calgary. @Insayne

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
While we all know that Steelhead and C00kies are veterans of the GM game, with Esa being a bonafide legend in the game, I give the edge to JR and Wongy. I say that because JR has so much experience with simming and has shown himself to be one of the best GMs since he took over WKP from Bojo, plus I know Wongy from other STHS leagues and he's no slouch himself.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
Platoon MVP - Crossfit Jesus was his team's MVP as he has led the team in scoring this offseason
Platoon Unsung Hero - Gabriel Wong has been Toonza's unsung hero in these playoffs. His willingness to pass the puck and be unselfish is second to none and you need players like that when your team is as talented as West Kendall. Wong knows his role and plays it to perfection.

4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
I think the biggest difference maker for a team has to be Mike Izzy. He is the heart and soul of this Dragons franchise now and must lead for this team to lift cups while he is still as good as he is. He is by far the best player on Calgary and he must step up with his experience with the amount of youth around him.

5. After trading off their best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Mild shock, everyone knows that Esa knows how to draft and often has players only want to play for Calgary. So the growth of those players usually outweighs their young age. Add in that they have high end players like Izzy and Driftwood, and it spells good things even for a young roster.

6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
I think that Rainbow Dash has had a breakout postseason and is showing why he was so highly touted when he was drafted. He had a four goal game early in these playoffs and played well in the finals as well. Clearly a young player on the up now and we'll see if he can breakout next season as a star. @Eggy216

7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No surprise, because they are a team built very well, and have replaced the aging/retiring pieces with young players who have grown consistently since being drafted. On top of that they have done well to keep being active with trades to bring in great players each season. They have one of the best GM tandems in the league at keeping themselves in striking distance of a title.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried their teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
Biscuit has the better set up to carry his team. The quality in front of him allows him to sit and make the key saves that he has been known to make in the big moments. He also has the experience in the big moments that Vilde is still lacking. 

Task 07: (Written, 3 TPE) You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels it's imperative that whoever you choose really encapsulates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.
For the West Kendall Platoon, I have elected to pick Mr. Worldwide, Pitbull, as he encapsulates what the area is all about. With Kendall West being so close to Miami, he would bring in the locals and his flamboyant flair would be similar to the team's flair on the ice. He could dress up in some military attire and really get into the military aspect of the Toonza brand. This performance could come with cannons and a full military unit to bolster the whole theme of military dominance.
For the Calgary Dragons, I have chosen Celine Dion for her never ending dominance similar to the Dragons refusal to just die and let someone else have fun in the finals from the West. She can embrace the bright red, orange, and yellow colors into a stunning dress and there can be a lot of fireworks and pyrotechnics. I think this would be a famous performance in terms of hilarity.

Task 11: (Written, 3 TPE) Writers on the internet have jokingly tossed around the following playoff roster idea: "when a team eliminates another team, they get to claim a player from that eliminated team to join their roster" Pretend the SHL has adopted this rule this postseason. Pick one of the teams in the Challenge Cup final and pick any player from a team that they've eliminated to add to their roster for the finals. Why did they choose that player? How will this player help out? Where will they play in the lineup? (must be 150 words or more, *tag all players)
I think that this is an obvious one, but for the Calgary Dragons, I'd have them add Brady McIntyre of the Edmonton Blizzard. The Dragons are in need of a real partner for Driftwood, because Chico Smeb is just too young to deal with this spotlight yet. McIntyre gives them a legit first pairing with two the league's best young defenseman and two that styles will mesh well together. I think that the addition of a true partner for Driftwood or more depth in defense really could push this team over the top and into a real contender status. While the forward core is also a concern since it too lacks depth, but defense wins championships and it would take a bit of pressure off of Vilde in net to allow him to make less saves and hopefully allow him to focus on making the big saves when the time comes. @caltroit_red_flames

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 07:43 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

Code:
You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero

Kata Vilde arrived home in Marstrand Sweden to a huge contingent of townspeople at the airport. Being goaltender for the finals bound Calgary Dragons was a huge deal for the town and they wanted to really make it known how much they were routing for Vilde. They whisked me in a limo downtown where the mayor gave me the key to the city. Then it was off to the arena where the local youth teams participated in the Kata Tourney where I was the referee for all the matches. I haven't skated that much in years but the kids were thrilled so we had a great time. That night there was a special banquet held. Little did they know I had a surprise for them as I handed the mayor a check for 1 million Krona to completely remodel the town's arena so the kids would have a state of the art facility to play at. later my old school buddies took me out for a few adult beverages at several local establishments. All in all it was a great day.

Code:
Pick up to [
u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?

This is definitely an interesting GM matchup. On the one hand you have long time simmer JR who is intimately familiar with all the workings of STHS. This should be a tremendous help in designing the strats for West Kendall. On the other hand you have the gold standard for GMing in Steelhead who's been there done that. 5 times. And has won a cup in the jrs as well. If anyone knows how to get the most out of his lineup it's steelhead. All in all should make for an interesting matchup.

Code:
You have been given the responsibility of organizing the National Anthem(s) for both teams in the Challenge Cup Finals. With the entire world watching the league feels its imperative that who ever you choose really encapusates the persona of the team and their fanbase. In 150 words or more, let us know who you chose for both teams, why you believe they represent that franchise and anything notable about their performance,, IE outfits, accompaniment, etc.

So for the anthems I have chosen 2 bands who represent their areas well. from Calgary I chose their most famous band, 80s rockers Loverboy. The Big Parm plays a steady diet of Loverboy over the PA system. The fans particularly get fired up when the Dragons are way ahead and the announcer breaks into Lovin every minute of it. And of course the biggest staple on Friday night games Workin for the weekend. The Dragons have alot of 2nd generation players who remember the hey day of those times so Loverboy is perfect for them. The platoon on the other hand are more into the hip hop culture. And sticking with the 80s/90s theme I've chosen vanilla ice to sing the anthem for the Platoon. Ice Ice baby is always a big hit with the Platoon fans and a perfect fit for any hockey team. Since Vanilla is from Florida we have dediced that he's the one for west kendall.

Code:
Task 09: (Written, 3 TPE)
Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)
I think the biggest surprise is that Buffalo didn't make the finals. They were heavily favored going into the playoffs having won the cup the previous season with a completely stacked roster and there really is no reason they shouldn't have gone back to the finals. I'm going to lay it all down to karma. Buffalo and it's management get too caught up in league drama where they should be focused on their own team and I think it finally came back to bite them in the ass. With all the tampering drama going on I think it took away alot of the focus that needed to be on playing the game instead of talking a game. Just my thoughts, not a fan of the team or the way it carries itsself and I think the sim gods threw down a little karma and that allowed a good West Kendall team to get past them in a big seven game series.

Code:
Task 12: (Written, 3 TPE)
Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)

The road to the finals was definitely a surprise for the calgary dragons and the rest of the SHL. The league had pretty much written Calgary off after losing legend Esa Anrikkanen to retirement as well as the trading of the top Dragons players. Calgary is a very young team with veteran Mike Izzy and loads of young players. The league thought it had seen the last of the Dragons for awhile as a rebuild was in order but the upstart young Dragons had other things on their mind like proving to people that you could rebuild on the fly. The Dragons knocked of the Blizzard 4 games to 2 and then the renegades and long time Vilde rival walter Hobbs 4 games to 1 to reach a finals that noone expected them to reach. With 2nd year defenders logging heavy minutes and young forwards playing prominent roles Calgary showed that anything is possible if you want it bad enough.

Code:
PM sent

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 05:50 PM by Pris.)

Being the daughter of two professional hockey players, Anastasia O'Koivu bounced around a lot in North America as a child. Her mother played out her career in four different cities (Halifax, West Kendall, Winnipeg, and Toronto), and her father split his career between St. Louis, Portland, and St. Paul, meaning that both she and her brother have a hard time considering any of the cities they grew up in their "hometown". Moreover, both she and her brother spent a significant amount of time as adolescents in their mother's motherland (no pun intended) of Russia, where they developed as junior and then professional players before coming back to North America. That being said, the most likely "hometown" that would celebrate Anastasia with a hometown hero ceremony would be Moscow, where she has a reputation because of her mother's bloodline. The moment isn't as grandiose as you'd think - Nastya isn't exactly a star on the ice or anything. But her former KHL team welcomed her home and threw her a party (read: took her out to drinks and got destroyed) to celebrate her 2nd OA draft pick, as she hadn't been back in Russia since her SHL draft. Not quite a heroic moment, but nice to experience all the same.

Finally coming up to the Steelhawks this season. If I'm brutally honest, Nastya is not ready. That being said, she'll never be ready, she's a terrible player. She's basically built only to hit people, bounce shots off, and generally be a fucking pylon on the ice. This is her entire objective, this is her life's purpose. To be everything her mother wanted to be, but couldn't because GMs don't let players be goons if they actually have scoring talent. Tragic. Anyway, she won't do shit in the way of playmaking or scoring, that's for sure. That being said, if I stack her up well with my uncap, she should start off as a decent enough physical presence, especially in this league full of goddamn weenies. I'm excited to finally get to play with some of the people I love most on the site (who just happen to be on Hamilton's blueline), but all things considered, I'll miss Colorado quite a bit. I've met some amazing people there (cc: all my boys, y'all know who you are and how much I love y'all), and the few seasons I've spent down in juniors have genuinely been so much fun in terms of our locker room.

Unfortunately, while both comprise very knowledgable and tenured members, I couldn't give the ruling on this decision to anyone but Calgary. Esa and cookies have been doing this shit for what feels like forever, and have brought about a skdjflakkillion Challenge Cups to Calgary. At this point, they know damn well what they're doing. That's not to say West Kendall can't win the series on pure roster strength, good bounces, STHS luck, etc, but as far as GM teams go, Calgary certainly has the advantage.

3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?

At this point, Crossfit Jesus gets the nod for playoff MVP, considering his phenomenal play for the Platoon, including a series-winning goal, 16 points in 15 games, and four star-worthy performance.

As far as unsung heroes go, I would give a nod to Mike Izzy on the Dragons, considering his intense level of physical play to keep the Dragons going.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

No surprise - Calgary has always been known for having a strong roster even in its down periods, and as talked about above, they have the best and most-tenured management team in the league. It always seems like Calgary's going to go through a rough patch and then boom, they're in contention again, as if they had never left. I'm used to it by this point.

8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

While both are phenomenal net minders, I think it would be hard to dispute that Biscuit, longtime West Kendall staple, was the better goaltender throughout the course of the playoffs, particularly the finals. By the end of the series, Biscuit had only let in 12 goals to Vilde's 20, finishing the playoffs with a fantastic 0.941 SV%.

There's a clear answer to this question, and unfortunately, it happens to be my own SHL team. To be fair to them, however, most of the blame lies on one single player and his false promises, so I can't be too harsh on management or the rest of the team for what happened this season. At the end of the day, it's nobody's fault but Nikolai Evans that Hamilton ended in the garbage bin this past season. Our lovely general managers drafted Evans with their first overall pick with the false promises of a generational talent, of a prospect that would surely lift the team immediately, of a player that could revitalize Hamilton's admittedly aging blue line. Instead, they got a cocky brat, waste of a first overall pick, who came up and ended the season with a negative +/-, as well as only 32 hits despite playing on a line with a physical strat??? Who knows, man. All I know is, it's not management's fault Evans sucks. Only his own. (cc @ztevans )

Done.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 06:08 PM by Noble.)

PT 13 3 TPE
SENT

PT 5 3/6 TPE

So I haven't been keeping up with the SHL lately and I'm really going to have to bullshit my way through this, but luckily the SHL never changes so it's the same teams all the time. West Kendall is going to win, and while it'll be a close competition I definitely think WKP takes it in 6.

@JR95 is a guy with a ton of talent at managing a team, and him alongside @Wongy is going to make for a crazy strong team here. Both of them I have complete confidence in to be the top general manager duo this go around, and knowing how weird tactics can be I know it's important to have these guys at the helm.

Mike Izzy is my shoe in for the MVP of his team, the guy has some amazing talent and has been showing that through his entire career with the Calgary Dragons. As if Calgary needed another championship, they have all the pieces to make that happens this season.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

PBE CW

Task 5: 
2. In my opinion, West Kendall's GMs have got to have the tactical advantage going into their finals matchup with Calgary. They came into the playoffs absolutely dominant and have continued to show it, even if Buffalo did give them a run for their money by taking them to 7 games. West Kendall finished the season with the most points in the league, the most goals scored, tied for 2nd least goals allowed, and by far the largest goal differential. Sure they may have themselves a great roster, but to be as dominant as they were this season you have to give some credit to the guys running the show. 
3. Oh man, this is a tough one. West Kendall went and swept the Calgary Dragons and to do that you don't really get carried by just one person. If I had to narrow it down to who WKP's MVP was I would probably have to go with the easy pick of Crossfit Jesus. He had a fantastic playoff run, including that 4 point Game 2 in the finals. The unsung hero would probably be Rex Kirkby. Playing top defensive pairing minutes he put up 8 points in the playoffs and tied for the team lead in +/- with a +9.
5. The Dragons are back in the finals just 2 seasons after blowing it up but you want me to be surprised? No way. This is like the most decorated franchise in SHL history, you don't get that way without instilling a culture of winning all around. Besides, they still have megastars like Mike Izzy and Otis B. Driftwood on their squad in addition to top pick Rainbow Dash. It's kind of hard to fall all the way to the bottom of the standings when you have players like that around.

Task 9: Which team that didn't make the finals this year was the biggest disappointment? I would have to go with the New England Wolfpack, just because that's my own team. Sure, we're young as hell and had a roster with 4 rookies on it, but that doesn't make the fact that we went home without a playoff berth any less disappointing. This isn't me calling anyone on my own team out either, I don't have any right to do that. I was a 1st round draft pick back in Season 43 and I haven't even broken 900 TPE yet. This is just me saying that making the playoffs looked like a definite possibility before and even during the season, and we came up short. The good news is, we're for sure making the postseason next year. We have a full roster of active players, our rookies are all superstars in the making, and we're hardly losing anything to regression outside of a couple of players. We missed the playoffs by 2 points this season, but know we won't be going golfing early in S48.

Task 13: sent

You are at the airport awaiting a flight to meet back up with your team after spending the day being honoured as a 'Hometown Hero' in the place where you grew up! Tell us about your day... what did they have planned for you? Who did you see there? What were you given? How did it turn out? ... In 150 words or more, tell us all about this big moment as hometown hero.

As a time travelling travelling badass, Commander Shepard could not return to his actual hometown from the future. Nonetheless Shepard still made his way to Vancouver, BC where he was born. Shepard never met his mother or father and grew up with the ruthless Vancouver gangs. Living a life of crime and debauchery before joining the alliance as an escape.
All of his childhood friends have not been born yet. In the future much of the world is the same but the divide between the rich and the poor is ever expanding. Shepard on arrival went to many of the alley ways he grew up in to see how they look like in the past. Much of it is the same although not as developed. Shepard remembers the laughs he had with his friends long ago and takes a moment to appreciate his ridiculous life so far. Shepard’s home is really the SR2 Normandy as he never felt truly home on Earth and found his place among the stars and now Ice.

If you are in the SMJHL then you have been there for at least a few seasons and its likely that a promotion to the SHL is coming soon. The question is.. are you ready?..  what areas of your game do you believe are SHL ready and what areas are you concerned about?  what things are you sad to leave behind and what things are you excited about when moving to your parent club. (Must be 150 words or more)

I am ready. I’ve learned a lot from the community and want to make an impact. When I’m  finished my build  my defense will be a strength right from the start as I think defense is the most important quality in any sport. As a two way forward I will have to improve my puck handling, and skating as I might make my Passing/Scoring ratios what I want from the start. I hope to fill a 3rd line role, as a passer but will do whatever my team needs because winning is all that matters to me awards come 2nd.
The SMJHL gets a lot of heat for what it is but it is a nice relaxed atmosphere with great rivalries and a way to play with builds. I will miss my team we had a good bunch for this run, great rookies. I’m excited to finally uncap my build and fill a two way role on the Jets. Maybe go for that rookie of the year. But Nick Brain will give me some tight competition. 

5.  After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Mild Surprise. With a few stacked teams, and other teams with more depth around them the dragons have tough competition. However I still believe that a strong core of a superstar; Goalie, Defensemen, and Center, can carry entire teams if hot. On the Dragons you got the one and only; Mike Izzy, the quietly effective and whom which had a career year; Otis. B. Driftwood, and lastly you got one of the best goalies around; Kata Vilde. 

(1 TPE)

I’ll do the SMJHL finals. Montreal is a hard town to please with a very passionate fanbase. the wrong choice can make them angry. So far through the playoffs, Montreal used the usual opera singer, or soldier to do the anthem. In order to hit all the right notes for the fanbase I think Ginette Reno is a good fit. In that other league no one likes to talk about Reno sang for the local Montreal team. Reno was the anthem singer back in the day and now for one last series Reno came to the SHL to sing one more time. Now, Anaheim is as tough a choice with so many great bands from California it’s hard to choose the right artist. With a name like the Outlaws you need a certain sort of attitude in the anthem singer. Keeping it somewhat local I think Red Hot Chilli Peppers would do a sick anthem and get the crowd going.

Which organization that didnt make it to the finals would you consider to be the biggest disappointment? What do you think are the main reasons why they fell short this season? (Must be 150 words or more)

I would say the Buffalo Stampede are the biggest disappointment to me, despite the deep playoff run. From first glance on the budget page, the Stampede should be in the running every year with 12 players over 1000 TPE and 8 players over 1300 TPE. In comparison Calgary has 7 players over 1000 TPE and only 3 players (1 F, 1 D, 1 G) over 1300 TPE. West Kendall on the other hand are more like Buffalo with 11 players over 1000 TPE and 7 over 1300 TPE.
From the outside in, it looks like the cup finals was really the Eastern Conference finals as the two superteams West Kendal and Buffalo collided. When it came down to the 7th game West Kendall snuck it out. No doubt goaltending is an issue for the Stampede as they have a younger starter with their older core, whereas both Calgary and West Kendall had a superstar goalie in net. No doubt Buffalo is still primed for more titles. But are banking on Robinson progressing fast as any other cup contenders have over 1000 TPE goalies possible trade coming??

Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

PM Sent

16 Total TPE

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Task 1

Jøln DuBølk's welcome home to Gothenburg  was one that consisted of him being celebrated by his neighborhood. Jøln's neighborhood was one that supported him through his transition into the SHL. The party thrown for his success, not only in the SMJHL, but for being drafted in the SHL, was HUGE. DuBølk's family from all over Sweden came in, along with multiple family members that he wasn't aware that existed (unsurprisingly, they asked to be their managers). Many of the neighborhood kids asked for his autographs on their sticks, gloves, fake legs found in the dumpster; literally anything the kids could get their hands on. The kids also got to play one on one hockey against DuBølk (spoiler alert: he let them win), as well as some of the adults (he won those). When it was time to go home, everyone accompanied him to the airport, and waved a last goodbye as he boarded the plane for Calgary

Task 3

Jøln DuBølk is definitely ready for the big leagues: being 2nd in shot blocking with potential for being an assist maker is an exciting prospect for the young defenseman. While he is very penalty prone, there is no doubt that he could make a big impact. The thing is, he isn't mentally ready to move up to the big club. This coming season for the Lions will be tough, as their current core will be broken up due to multiple people moving up to their SHL clubs. DuBølk feels that he needs to be there for the club during that time. When the day comes, he'll be appreciative of the time he had in Lethbridge: the club was new to the scene like he was, and they managed to have a good regular season squad. The prospect of a potentially great Tampa Bay team is what continues to make him excited for the move up.

Task 5

Absoulute major shock. A team pulling off a rebuild is nothing new. For a team to make such a big change and be successful within two season is unheard of. That's a great GM job by the Calgary Front Office, and they should be commended on that until the end of time.

Task 9

I guess it would be the Pride. With it being their 25th anniversary (I think), it was finally time to get back to the playoffs. They did that, but the first game of the wildcard round set the tone for the series: they were outmached heavily. With a team that has been rebuilding for as long as they did, this was not a promising start. While they managed to win a game, they were outpaced by a Texas team that took their number the entire series. Offense? Couldn't hold a candle to Texas. Defense? Offense was too much. Because of that, it was not dissapointing that they didn't make the playoffs, but by the fact that they were such a non-factor. With a prospect pool that is deep and stud of a goalie coming in next season, I highly doubt that they'll have much trouble for longer, however. They'll just have to hope that everything goes according to plan.

Task 11

I don't really know a lot about the two teams, but if I had to take a guess, I would say the Dragons would have taken Louie Garrett (@dizzyDC ) from the Renegades. From the little bit I know about players outside of the Barracuda, I know that Louie Garrett is the definition of elite talent in the SHL. Adding him as an upgrade to the forward core, the Dragons just become much better by committee. Having that one two punch at Right Wing would give the Dragons some more firepower on the right, and would combat the Platoon's offensive lines. With that, the Dragons also have another locker room presence. Not only would morale be increased, but overall productivity would do so too. He also would have great chemistry with Calgary's top line. In short: Louie Garrett would not only make the team better offensively, and would kill it in the finals.

Task 13
Message Sent

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

I was honestly a little embarrassed about this because I don’t think I’ve done anything worth anybody labeling me a hero about yet. I’ve been drafted twice, made it to (and lost) one four star cup final, and haven’t even played in the SHL yet. But once I got back to Luleå, it turned out that it was actually something my mom totally made up so she and my sisters could throw a surprise belated birthday party for me. I was so relieved, honestly, there’s still so much stuff I want to do to make my entire hometown proud of me, I hope I haven’t peaked just yet. It was a great day, though; my mom had a whole banner on the front of the house that said “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR HERO GUNNAR” and all of my little nieces and nephews came out and shot me with squirt guns (it’s a family tradition). We had cake, and everybody had little presents for me (mostly handmade stuff from the kids, and my mom gave me a sweater she made for me, and my sisters had all gotten me a really nice watch. It was honestly better than any public celebration could have been - but someday when I’ve actually accomplished stuff, maybe I’ll be a real hometown hero!

I’m not quite ready yet. I know I’m not, which is why I’m staying with the Knights for another season. I want to take one more crack at a cup here, and there are some people I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to yet. I know I can still get better, I can still put in more time and training so I’m not quite as overwhelmed when I get to the SHL as I was when I got here. I’m not in a rush; I know some guys want to get up there and get started as soon as possible, but I have unfinished business here and I’m not ready to give up on it quite yet. The city of Kelowna has been so welcoming to me, and I want to take one more try at bringing home a championship for them before I head off to Florida. I know I have a lot of work to do on my endurance and my skating before I’m at the same level as the guys in the SHL, so I want to take my time and get it right before I go there. I am super excited, though, to get there eventually, because I’ve already been talking with a lot of the guys there and they all seem really great. Also, beaches!!

Task 05: (Written, up to 6 TPE [1])
5. After trading off their best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

I am going to say this is no surprise to me, for several reasons. One reason is that I haven’t really been around long enough to have any expectations to be blown away. A second reason is they have Kelowna’s own Barry Batsbak now, and Barry is amazing. And finally, they’re dragons. Dragons are badass. Hasn’t anyone watched Game of Thrones? Dragons just come in and burn stuff to the ground. This is a no-brainer for me.

For Calgary’s home games, I have Sean Kingston come out and sing both anthems, after which he immediately launches into his definitely-not-dated hit “Fire Burning.” The performance is accompanied by numerous dancing people in full body dragon costumes, and one of those sweet on-ice projections that makes it look like the whole floor is on fire. (Ice on fire! How cool is that!? Totally not cliched or overdone or anything).

For West Kendall’s home games, I make sure there are a lot of cannons. I get the Lonely Island to come and sing the anthems, but they rap them, and Andy Samberg probably falls down on the ice intentionally to be funny. Then they sing a new song they’ve written just for this occasion, called Cannons In Florida, in which they somehow manage to rhyme stuff with “census-designated place” and “unincorporated community” and everyone is incredibly impressed. Did I mention there are a lot of cannons? No real cannonballs, of course, but there are people dressed like cannonballs. Because they only have to skate in a straight line and don’t actually have to be particularly good at the skating, I hold a contest beforehand to have local people from the community enter to do the job, and a bunch of locals get to try skating for the first time.

Gonna go with my own organization here for sure, because, I mean, nobody else’s team’s disappointment could feel as personal, right? The Knights had such a great season last year, went all the way to the final, and it was such a disappointment to not only not get the job done this year, but to not even get as far as we did the year before. I know there are plenty of reasons why we didn’t get there - we had a bunch of really good players get called up this season that we had to learn how to play without, and I think that was the main thing. I think it’s sort of a cycle - you have to get your team as good as you can and hope you’re good enough to get past everybody else who’s on an upswing as well. There are a lot of us now who’ve been here a couple of seasons, though, and I think we’ve found our game, so we’re going to stick with it and hopefully we get right back into the final next year.

Task 13 (trivia answers sent, 3tpe)

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Task 1-
It's ironic. The city just got a brand new SHL team, the Chicago Syndicate, and yet they are honoring the goalie for the opposing expansion team. Coming from a pretty big hockey family, the city decided to throw a festival celebrating three different leagues, with the Cains representing different leagues. On the SHL side, they had exhibition games, floor hockey, autographs, food carts, the whole shebang. It was a good day for Aleister Cain, and Martin Cain had a good crowd for him there too. Wendy Cain not so much, but a few die hard VHLM fans follow her career and really wanted to get a picture with her.
Aleister took a lot of pictures with NOLA fans, a couple had Edmonton jerseys and many fans had Scarecrow jerseys. They were giddy as they walked away with their signed crow jersey, the two time cup champ giving them a valuable piece of memorabilia that will always hold a place in their heart.

Task 2.
1. I think Nicky Pedersen Jr. will be a force to be reckoned with. With two four star championships under his belt, he's hungry for another and will be a major piece of the Calgary offense for seasons to come, and especially in this series. On the other side of the ice, Rex Kirkby also won a four star cup (with the crows) and that poise will help him keep some of the top offensive players off the board.
2. I think JR has the biggest advantage being the simmer. The ability to change the outcome if your team loses is one of the most underrated tools the WKP GM has in his arsenal. Joking aside, they had a great regular season and made great moves and I think they hold the advantage going into this matchup.
4. If Biscuit can continue to give the Platoon some very solid netminding, he will really give his team some breathing room to take chances offensively and really play their game. He has a change to lead his team to yet another cup, and continue to show why he is one of the best goalies in the SHL.
5. Kurczewski and Augustus were huge losses for the Dragons but with some big prospects coming up the rear, I don't think anyone could count them out. They made it back to the playoffs last season, and I wasn't surprised. I was a bit surprised when they swept the Blizzard, but seeing them in the finals isn't too surprising, especially with NOLA out.

Task 9. I really thought the Edmonton Blizzard would go all the way to the finals before losing out to the West Kendall Platoon. The goaltending was fantastic during the season but the whole team really clicked, with McIntyre having an amazing season and the addition of Lombardi really helping out. Losing in their first series was pretty disappointing to me, and even if its to the eventual West Champions, they should have put up more of a fight in my opinion. It seems the Dragons have been their kryptonite two seasons in a row now, and they just seem to have the answer on how to demolish the Blizzard in convincing fashion. We'll look to see if they match up again next year and if they do, how it goes. The young kids are getting better but with the loss of some major pieces like Connor Tanner, this may be their last season to contend.

Task 13- PM SENT

Task 14- https://youtu.be/HlhguGEgEpo

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Code:

When Tony Pepperoni is honoured, he's honoured correctly. Tony wakes up to all the local pizzerias (and a couple of out-of-town challengers) competing in a 'best cold-pizza breakfast challenge". It's kind of like that seen in the Jim Carrey Grinch where he's just getting fudge shoved down his throat, except I'm enjoying every second of it! After I'm stuffed and have declared the winner (who usually starts a successful national chain as a result) I'm taken to the city square where the highlights from my 20 goal season are being shown on a 42 foot screen. I feign embarrassment at the spectacle, but I secretly love it. We then show a documentary about the conspiracy of salad. It's really informative and I think a lot of people leave it wanting to learn more about the cause. We're trying to take this movement one step at a time, but we're heading into a full on sprint. Finally, There's a giant party with all that cool party stuff. Then I wake up and go to the real ceremony.  

Code:
Pick up to [u]6[/u] challenge cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth '1' TPE. Each answer must be '50' words or more.

1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
4. Which player do you believe will be the differance maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later.  Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
6. Which young players in this series (S42-S47) have a chance to break out and make a name for themselves here in the Challenge Cup Finals? (*Tag that player)
7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?

2. If you believe in experience, you have to believe that Calgary has the advantage in this season. Calgary is a storied franchise and the current management has a big part in telling that story. Calgary doesn't have the strongest squad, but they've beat better teams all the way to the finals. It's not unreasonable to suggest that Calgary will use their experience to win in a series where they are the worse team on paper.

3. Beaujeaux Biscuit is the hero for West Kendall. He's put up almost unheard of numbers in the playoffs. West Kendall probably doesn't get by the Buffalo Stampede if it isn't for Biscuit. Every player on West Kendall needs to buy Biscuit a beer because he's the reason they added a ring to their collection. Rainbow Dash had an extremely successful playoffs despite the inexperience. Dash almost single-handidly won two games in the first round for the Dragons.

4. I'm a broken record here, but Beaujeaux Biscuit was the difference maker. He had 4 shutouts in these playoffs. That's twice as many as the 2nd goaltender and it means 33% of West Kendall's wins were won in a shutout. To be fair Biscuit ended up not having any shutouts in the finals and gave up 3 goals a game but without Biscuit the Platoon don't make the finals anyways.

5. No Surprise. As much as it hurts me to say it, Calgary seems to have a mix of pedigree, good luck & smart leadership. Their pedigree in the league means players always want to suit up for the Dragons which allows them to attract talent and rebuild quickly. You don't win as many cups as Calgary without being a little lucky. Their luck allowed them to beat the Blizzard in the first round despite being outshot almost every game. Finally, credit where credit is due. The leadership team in Calgary is very strong.

Code:

Well the dragons are red, and they're from Calgary. I also hate the Calgary dragons, so I want the person singing the Canadian national anthem to be someone who doesn't deserve to be there and annoys me. With that, I'm selecting the girl from the Wendy's commercials. I don't know if she can sing and she definitely hasn't proved she deserves to be on the grand stage, but she rubs me the wrong way. Perfect match for the Calgary Dragons.

Now, for the much easier selection. West Kendall needs to have Ariana Grande sing the American national anthem. She's a hockey fan from Florida who has been hit in the head by a puck in a Miami suburb multiple times. She's also a star that could help bring in more young fans. I mean wherever Ariana goes, I follow. WKP has the same colours as the US flag and Ariana has never ever done anything that would leave me to believe she hates America (right?). Perfect pick to belt out the national anthem.

Code:

When you point a finger at someone else, you have 3 pointing back at you. The only fair thing I can say is that I believe it was a huge disappointment for the Blizzard to not win it all this past season. We have one of, if not the best Defense & Goalie combination in the entire league. Connor Tanner was coming off his best regular season in half a decade putting up 41 points in 50 games and a career-high 15 goals. Kalju had taken on a form never seen in his career before putting up 42 points in 50 games. Brady McIntyre led the team in points with 51 and is a big contender for the best D in the league in S47. Finally, Tuck didn't have his best regular season in points, but he put his body on the line with 130 hits and 65 shots blocked. Tommy Tuck did Tommy Tuck things & had another MVP caliber season with a .919 sv% and 30 wins. On top of this, the offense isn't that bad either! Edmonton should have been there at the end of the day and it's sad that they weren't

Code:
Its trivia time with 4 questions related to our Challenge Cup participants!

1. Who is the all time goals leader on the West Kendall Platoon?
2. Who won Calgary's Jesster Award (Team MVP) for season 46?
3. Who are the current 3 captains per there team info page (C, A and A) on the West Kendall Platoon?
4. What is the name of the stadium where the Calgary Dragons play there home games?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “#Tigole-Trivia" do not send it to my personal account cause i will not look at it and you will not recieve credit for it. Do not post the answers in here cause you will not get credit for the task. [Grading: 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer]

Sent

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Task 3: (3 TPE)
I have been in the SMJHL for the past two seasons and I believe I am ready to play in the SHL. I have had my best season of my career this past SMJHL season; having been in the top 10 of points for defenseman and leading the SMJHL in shot blocks. The areas of my game that I believe are ready are my skating, passing and puck handling. I do also believe my defense is ready, as I am able to block a lot of shots and be in very good position. I do lack the ability to hit right now and that is my biggest weakness. I am not very interested in laying the body on someone and this will hurt be in the dirty areas behind our own net and in the corners. I also struggle sometimes when seeing the right opportunity to jump up the ice and join the rush.

Task 5: (3 TPE)
3. Mike Izzy should be considered his team’s MVP because he has been all over the ice the entire series. Whenever he steps onto the ice, he makes the Platoon adjust their lines and expect him to play like the superstar he is. Izzy has filled the stats sheet this post season and in the finals.
4. I believe that Rex Kirkby will be the difference maker for his team’s chances to win the S47 Challenge Cup. He is a young top four defense man who has all the skills to be able to shut down the opposing team’s top line. He is able to also be an offensive juggernaut and put up goals. With Kirkby being able to go against Calgary’s second and third line look for him to have a breakout series.
7. This is a major surprise for me. I did not expect to the Platoon in the cup finals or even in the playoffs. I doubted the GM’s of the Platoon and that came to bite a lot of people in the butt. The GM group did a great job of putting together while not the best team on paper, they were able to put the best lines out in the sim with what they had.

Task 9: (3 TPE)
The New Orleans Specters were the biggest disappointment to not make the playoffs. The Specters had a stacked roster, including five players over 1500 TPE on forward. They also had a solid defense and a great up and coming goalie, Cain. This team is built well but it was not well enough to beat the Texas Reneges, one of the surprise teams of the playoffs. One of the main reasons why this team could have possibly fell short is because the top end of the team is very veteran heavy, and these veterans have a lot of playoff miles on them. The lack of youth on this team was the number one factor in why the Specters were unable to make a deep run. They will need to find some youth in their system to call up and to help the veterans and then this team will be able to make a deep playoff run.

Task 13: (3 TPE)
Submitted VIA PM to PT Director

Task 14: (4 TPE)
https://youtu.be/HlhguGEgEpo

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

1. PBE CW

Quote:1. Breakdown this finals matchup for us, how will it play out? who will be the stars of this series, what will the outcome be? (*tag anyone involved)
Late doing this, so I’ll comment on who I thought would have made a difference. From the Dragons, Izzy. One of the most iconic players to play for the Dragons, even in regression he’s still a thorn in the side of his opponents. For the Platoon, either Bennett or Schroder. Both had solid playoffs, but Crossfit Jesus was the star with his team leading 8 goals.

Quote:2. A major managerial showdown is about to take place Between WKP's (Jr95, Wongy) and Calgarys (Steelhead77, C00kies) which set of GM's have the tactical/managerial advantage in this series and why?
JR and Wongy. JR has been around the sim forever and likely has insight into the sim that even some of the GMs don’t have (speculation). That, and working the trade to acquire Bennett was masterful in my opinion and really bolstered their Top 6 to an unstoppable level. Case in point, since they ended up winning the Cup.

Quote:3. Which player in the finals should be considered their teams playoff MVP and which should be considered their teams unsung hero thus far and why?
Seeing the results of the playoffs, Crossfit Jesus is the hands down MVP. Typically the leading scorer is most favoured to win the MVP, and that’s what I’m going with in this case. As for unsung hero, I’m going with Otis B. Driftwood of the Dragons. He lead the Dragons in scoring despite being a defense-man, which is really impressive considering how good the goalies are in SHL.

Quote:4. Which player do you believe will be the difference maker in their franchise winning the title here in S47?
For the third time mentioning him now, Crossfit Jesus was the difference maker, in my opinion. He did have Wong and Bennett helping him, but you don’t get to be the playoff leading scorer without being sort of good. One could call him a “Dragon Slayer,” given the result of the series.

Quote:5. After trading off their best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
Not a massive surprise, they did keep Vilde and Izzy after all. I would call the Dragons’ transactions over the past two seasons more of a retool more than anything, since if they were really throwing in the towel they would have moved the two players I mentioned earlier. They didn’t light up the West but they did make the finals, which definitely tells you something about their team.
Quote:7. The West Kendall Platoon are back in the finals after a season out of the playoffs and a team that was in serious regression Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.
No surprise. I don’t know how deep in regression the Platoon is, but I’ll make a hot take for the sake of finishing CW - this will probably be one of, if not the last time, this group goes on a run to the finals. They might be in regression, but the team is obviously still super good and worthy of consideration for maybe one more season.
Quote:8. Star netminders Kata Vilde and Beaujeaux Biscuit have both carried there teams into the finals. Which franchise goalie has a better chance to carry their franchise to a title?
I’m going with Biscuit, even though he did end up winning, but the Platoon did roll over the East and won the President’s Trophy this season. They were going to be the favourites no matter who they faced, which usually makes their starting goalie the better goalie in comparison. Both Vilde and Biscuit are elite, but I would have given the edge to Bojo.

Quote:12. Theres no path to the finals without a little bit of adversity. In 150 words or more, write about the adversity one of the teams faced on the road to the Challenge Cup Finals. (*tag anyone involed)
At first glance of the standings, I would say Calgary faced the most adversity heading into the playoffs. They were 3rd in the West, facing a tough Blizzard team in their opening round and getting a “break” in the conference finals against the Renegades. I say break in quotations since Texas did knock off the best regular season team in the West, the New Orleans Specters, in their opening round which definitely speaks to how good the Renegades actually are. The Platoon were probably going to make the finals no matter what given their record against teams in the East, so it’s hard to call them an underdog at any point. The Dragons were looking at a very difficult challenge against the Platoon and fell short. Both teams lost only 3 games before the finals, but the Platoon swept. A great season for a team that wasn’t expected to make the finals.

13. Pm sent

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Task 13: PM'd

Task 8: [Image: image0.png]

Task 2: [Image: image0.png]

Task 5:

This is a GM matchup of the ages! Both pairs of management have a wealth of experience, but I feel that the Calgary pair of Esa and Cookies hold the upper hand here. They have multiple cups to their names and they have proven they have the experience to finish a series.

I feel like this will be a tight series with the dragons coming out on top in 6 games. Both teams surprised this season not only making the playoffs but now making the finals. The dragons are young but have a good mix of vets as well and one of the best starters in the league.

5. After trading off there best players and declaring themselves in a full rebuild back in S45, The Calgary Dragons have made it to the S47 finals.. just 2 seasons later. Choose: ('No surprise', 'mild surprise', 'major surprise' or 'in shock') and explain why.

Mild Surprise. I always held out hope that Esa and Cookies would lead this team back to the post season quickly, but this soon? Seemed like a bit of a reach. The team really came together and with a mix of young players and vets they pushed their way to the finals.

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]