Create Account

S74 PT#2: Food Fight

[Image: m32E1qm.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Option 2

Dusty Rhodes can't stand seafood. Never has since he was a kid. New Orleans however, where Rhodes plays is a huge hot bed for seafood places. So when Joe's Crab Shack wanted him to endorse them it didn't seem like a fit. However Rhodes being a huge fan favorite in New Orleans doesn't like to disappoint the locals so he chose to do the endorsement. He decided to have fun with it. In the commercial Rhodes says laughingly that everyone on the Spectres but him has crabs. Absolutely tongue in cheek but sure to draw a laugh from the fans. And when he says Joe has the biggest crabs of all it's a joke on GM Joe of the Specs. So he got to have some fun in the advert. In the end he managed to choke down some deep fried fish smothered in tartar sauce so he couldn't taste it. It was worth it to get one over on his GM and teammates though.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

Prompt 1

Look, this is clearly discrimination against goalies. Just because we are dressed like we're made of tires doesn't mean that we can't throw down when needed. And sure, we're not being asked to fight or really do anything aside from block pucks and make the occasional open ice pass. But every now and then, there comes a time when you need to assert your authority. So when you're at practice and some rookie is laughing at you because the Hockey Fights website has you as a lightweight, you need to win back the respect of the team and your own self respect. Of course you can't fight your own teammate, so that's right out. But you can saucer pass a puck right into their back and then say you're sorry and the puck came off the stick wrong. Or hit them with a devastating poke check when they think they have a chance at a breakaway. Its all in the little things, and if you can't square up against your teammates or opponents during a game, sometimes that's all you have.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

First off I do not appreciate the disrespect from hockey fights. It is pretty rude to be called out like that. But I am going to take option C from the list. Not going to start a fight nor eat a chicken to prove something. I will completely admit the same as I am accused of. I am kind of a wimp and not trying to fight someone and get my ass kicked in front of a bunch of people. Like when Svechnikov fought Ovie and got his face bashed in. I don’t want to be the one going viral for crying on the ice and being medivaced out of the arena.

I will simply keep my head down and play hockey. Though this may end up being an issue because I could become a target. And if and when that happens I will just haul ass away. Might be tough to play hockey when I’m running all the time though. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

prompt #1

Celeste does not fight. This is a widely known fact, seeing as their talents lie in all offense all the time. However, the problem is that they are an extremely spite driven individual. Therefore, upon hearing these allegations of cowardice and pushoverdom being leveled at them by hockeyfights.com, they went to new teammate Bog Damsel and requested lessons in fighting. A point needs to be made. Importantly, though, they're not going to fight without a good reason; they're not a goon, just a little bit of an agitator. So it'll need to be late in the game, ideally in a losing effort, against somebody who's thrown a bad penalty against a teammate (or against Celly themself). Something justifiable, you know? And it has to be something winnable. They're on the smaller side and if they're the one instigating the fight, they damn well aren't going to lose it, that's pathetic.

They are also aware that they will most likely be viewed as a rat bastard for the rest of time no matter what decision they make, because they haven't developed enough goodwill for their fights to actually be seen as justifiable yet. So be it.

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

“Big man can’t fight” Celeste read out while starting laugh, Juan reading it off their phone. “No way” he replied.
“Leo come here”
Roze walked over and read the article, understanding the gist of what the writer was saying “I can’t fight?”
“I mean you haven’t fought anyone besides that preseason game in WJC… why did you fight in the preseason anyways” Celeste responded. “You make fun of me for not playing defense but it looks like you can’t fight, so we’re basically even”
“No no no no.” Leo said laughing, “I try many time to get fight, they just laugh and don’t fight, I think I say the wrong thing and they think I make joke.”
Froya and Sonja walk in as they hear the commotion, and get caught up on the news, Sonja chimes in on how one time she heard Leo try and egg on another player by saying “your mother is a very busy woman”
“I learn the word whore now, I use that.”
“Also…” Juan started “I don’t think your mom jokes really are that good, maybe when we were 12 they would’ve worked.”
“I have nothing else, I am not good shit talker. Maybe I throw elbow next game and then I fight, we’ll see”

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

ISFL Affiliate

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Prompt 1: The funniest part is about the whole thing is that Lasse knows he’s not a fighter, never has been, never will be. He got into one fight back in the SMJHL, just letting his anger out over mounting frustration from a disappointing season. He vowed to never do it again, as that singular fight he broke his nose, almost lost 3 teeth, and had a concussion. And it wasn’t like it was a long hard fought fight, it was one punch and Lasse was out. But as multiple Monarchs know, Lasse never lets anyone else step on him, no matter the circumstances, so the next game up, Lasse goes out there and reigns hell on the other team, scoring 2 goals real quick. But it doesn’t stop there, he played a gritty game, and eventually someone had enough of him, and dropped the gloves, just like Lasse wanted… until he realized, not who, but what he was fighting. The guy had to be at least 6’10”, but Lasse couldn’t back out now, so he lunged at him with a strong left, and buddy just grabs his hand mid punch, and with his right, one blow to the face. Next thing Lasse remembers is a day later, in the hospital with 4 teeth left in his head and a massive concussion.

[Image: byTaUkC.png]

In all honesty, Bernard Lodge is quite confused about the premise of the article. A goalie who isn't tough? Inconceivable! They take shots from countless pucks for a living! Additionally, how often do you see a goalie fight someone on the ice? It's impossible to square up with a goalie without starting an all-out brawl. Every team knows what's up and protects their tendies.

Lodge will not start a fight with anyone on the ice as he doesn't want to start a fight that clears the benches. He also won't post a picture of himself eating chicken in response either, instead choosing to let his play in between the posts speak for him.

In Lodge's opinion, media can be the worst part of the sports world. Anyone out there can comment on a player without a single inkling as to what it means to be an athlete.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Lias reads this article and honestly, he agrees that they are absolutely right. He isn't a fighter, he never has been. He's not sure he's ever actually been in a fight in his whole career. He goes to the index website to double check whether that is true or not, because it's always possible he WAS in a fight and then the head trauma or whatever made him forget it. Nope, absolutely not a single fight in his entire juniors or SHL career. So it seems kind of silly to disagree with this, but he can at least acknowledge the effort that someone put into writing about how a player who has literally never fought would lose a fight, so he goes to the grocery store and he buys one of those rotisserie chickens and he proceeds to livestream himself eating the entire thing. No context, no captions, no dialogue except for one point where one of his teammates comes into the room, gives him a weird look, and leaves without asking any questions. It is never spoken of again.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

[Image: image.png?ex=65921afb&is=657fa5fb&hm=ceb...0ac0064e2&]

Shawn Pawn fighting a chicken

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

[Image: megumi.jpg?ex=65921ce9&is=657fa7e9&hm=49...ormat=webp]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

When it comes to fighting, Jaden Tanner isn't exactly threatening. He's not undersized by any means and he's definitely physical in his game, but ultimately, he's not the type to drop the mitts. So when he heard about the hockeyfights article, he wasn't quite sure what to do. You can't just say "you're right" and lose all credibility. But at the same time, this is what the team has Crystal McLeod for! She's an absolute unit and has won a fight this season in a league that seems to be more and more about high-speed, high-skill players and less about hard-nosed, gritty players.

In the end, Jaden decided to lean into the article and went out to a farm for a photoshoot. In a reply to the article in question, he responded with a picture of him running away from a rooster that was chasing him. He's definitely not going to be seen as tough, but he'd rather be funny anyway.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]