Create Account

S58 Championship Week

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

My last day's biggest surprise is Tampabay Barracuda rebranding. I’m not a fan of that color mix but actually, I must admit it works out pretty well. If we talk about hockey results. I’m still waiting for the rising of the New Orleans Specters. They were champs a few years ago and were a destructive force and I’m surprised that they can not pick themselves up for another season. Also, I’d like to give a cookie to a Tampa Bay Barracuda. Their record is improved and I hope to see some of their rosters in play-off games. I wish the best for them. Also, I was not definitively aware of Texas Renegade reborn to the top spot. I somehow missed that. Every one focus on Buffalo or Hamilton or Calgary as top President trophy candidate but these guys in my opinion silently took that. Good job fellas! As a statistics-loving person I must say I like that team win percentage is closer to mean value which brings the season more interesting.

Code:
2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I’m really confused about this task. First, between option, a “game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time” or b “immune from penalties/offsides/icing” more interesting would be option b. The main reason is that imagine You are a fan of a team and they got to finals and probably their goalie was a huge part of it then suddenly rules are changed to 6v6 … people can score a lot more goals in empty netter (except against Rangers – You saw that defenseman?!?) pfff I call it better some kind of fraud. Then better give a rest to a referee and let the boys play! I don’t get about that perk stuff.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

I have a plan. Always. After this season I’m gonna improve my physical skills. I’m always preferring the philosophy that if the coach is good the high on physical is a deadly mix. He can use You in that situation that You are needed the most. Last season I upgraded my defensive skills and now I need to push my speed. I believe being too slow was my key fragment of unsuccess. The offense is a tough question because my team doesn’t need that much as an offensive player. More likely a dirty job on the back of my net. I’m fine with crease clearing defensive defenseman role. I hope if I boost my stamina too I could earn more time on ice and more time on the penalty kill. I’d love to be scoring defenseman but being part of the brick that holds the teams' defense is an important role too! When I’ll upgrade my physical and defense, I’d like to improve my puck handling skills from the offensive aspect!

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

Pfff! No-brainer. Calgary Dragons! Our team is always the elite force of destructive players. This season Parmbourg, Batsbak, and Bouchard line was something amazing and also the second line was doing great in scoring. At the start of the season, the 3rd line was doing a wonderful job on the offensive end. What was the rotten apple? Me. Another rookie who is younger than me made an amazing nearly 30 point season while my player managed to in of the top scoring team to get -8! Clearly, I’m part of that why we lost in series or did not get the President trophy. But I know I will part of that why we once get it! And the Cup!

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I always put my money on the horse called Team Canada. I played in their juniors and it was fun. I liked how elite they were but it was unreal to get in their roster even when I would reach my prime. So I decided to switch to Team Latvia because of my Latvian roots but that's another story. So yes – Canada is an elite force of destruction and it is hard to resist them. I also like SHL Team Czech Republic they have a skilled force and I think they could reach some trophies this year. My main question is about this IIHF season's silver medalist – will it be team Japan or will it be team Great Britain? Funny but in real-life they both suck on 1st or 2nd league (That Great Britain wins a few years ago in the real-life was something). Yes, but in SHL they are a nearly destructive a force as Canada. Jon and Martin are my favorites of top scorer of the robin round!

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Congrats to Hamilton Steelhawks on winning the series this season! Yes, the series is long over and I love procrastinator specials! The series was not fun as I expected. Buffalo was a deadly force either but somehow coin always flipped in the favor of Steelhawks. If I’m right when Buffalo won the championship last time it was against Hamilton. So they are natural-born deadly rivals of this SHL generation. Although I’m a fan of Micheal Scarn (just because of Office no SHL related) I would give him MVP (best name - seriously) but I can’t. Aaron Wilson was a better driving force for a team to win this championship in my opinion. Better all-around situations and in the end having +10 +/- and having most goals tying teammate Theo Morgan. I think Aaron did exceptionally well.

Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3010300
Claim 1

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

I have two nominees for the Hall of Fame. The first is Trashae, or Teddy Park. This man has been such a big influence to many young players. He was such a great capitan on the Kelowna Knights and continues to be such a great person on Baltimore Platoon. He has the ability to really help those who are new to SHL but also has a great attitude that spills over onto his teammates. The other is Katth. His coaching is something to be famous for. While he was not able to lead the Kelowna Knights to a cup he prepared them to have the best seasons possible. He has a great ability to find great players that are often under the radar and to hire some of the best people into his front office. These choices have helped Kelowna grow into the powerhouse that it has become. And all coaches should look to his example if they wish to be a great coach.

Code:
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

Roboute Guilliman is hitting it hard on the practice ice and is going to work to get his ability to win faceoffs to the next level. Winning faceoffs means that the opposing team doesn't get to have the puck. Roboute wanted to really work on his faceoffs this past season but instead worked on his defense. And while It may have helped he feels it would have been better for the team if his faceoffs were more consistent. In addition to faceoffs Roboute wants to continue to grow in his ability to help get the puck to his teammates and keep his assist up. While it will be nice to score goals on his own he believes it will help the team over all if he can help throw pucks on net and pass to his teammates. Hockey is not an individual sport it is a team sport and needs to be played that way.
Code:
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
Kelowna Knights were the best team that didn't make the finals. They clearly were on a role and it was an absolute fluke that they lost in the second round. They deserved the win and they should  have had it. It was their season to win and its extremely unfortunate that they got screwed out of the playoffs. They had the best goalie, the best defense, and the best offense. Overall Kelowna was better in all aspects and was the perfect team. It baffles all of us still that they lost. The team was devastated as they wanted to win the cup for Katth and the other players who are moving up.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

The MVP for this series is Boris Petrov. This man put his body on the line and came out with the most hits during the season. Getting hits helps the team win and helps break the morale of the opposing team. So having someone who can throw his weight around really helps the team and helped carry them to the win! He also won a fight which im sure helped give the team the boost they needed to overcome this series. Teams will need to look for more players like this in the coming seasons. Petrov also scored some goals and helped with assist so he was able to help even when he wasn't in the penalty box.

Code:
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3010320

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Everyone in the KEL locker room is great! But the best is Katth! He led us to a great season and we are sad we couldn't win it for him. But he still gave us a great run! Also Trashae... hes pretty cool.

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]

Code:

Code:

1 thing

Code:

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

@slothfacekilla  is cute

[Image: snail.png]

Code:
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

For me and my player, Lyle Odelein III, the most interesting / surprising thing for me was not being part of the playoffs.  Lyle has been part of the playoffs every single season since he joined the league.  Some seasons there was success found in the playoffs, some heartbreak but always fun times at the end of the day.  This season was the first time Lyle did not have any shot at raising the Challenge Cup. Was it a surprise, not really, but it was a first for the Specters and Lyle. The biggest actual surprise was the rise of the a Toronto North Stars, a team that seemed to be in a perpetual rebuild when I joined the league. I remember when my junior teammate being drafted to Toronto and was touted one of the key pieces to their rebuild. Almost 10 seasons have past and the North Stars are one of the best teams around. They final made a splash in the playoffs this season and look to be suited to do it again next season.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?

Buffalo’s leg up is definitely between the pipes.  Buffalo has the best goalie in this series and argulably the best goalie in the league playing for them.  Doyle gives them the edge here and Buffalo’s players need to realize this.  If they can score a few goals early, Doyle should be able to get them a win.

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

I’ve got to go with Buffalo here. The old adage, defense wins championships, is something I am a firm believer in. A solid defensive core and a capable goaltender is the back bone of a good team. Now I might be a bit biased, with my player being a defender, but you can score all the goals you want but if you can’t keep the puck out of your own net, you aren’t winning games.

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

Hamilton has been in the finals a lot as of late. It seems like a question like this is on all CW tasks. My answer hasn’t changed, anyone but Hamilton. Nothing against the branding or players, this one goes deep. I lived in Hamilton for a few years and let’s just say I did not enjoy it all that much. The Canadian Steel City is not my favourite place, so I’ll always pick the other team here. And let’s be honest Buffalo gave us great wings, easy choice here

d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

My all star OT squad would be Michael Scarn, star of Threat Level Midnight is the kind of offensive threat you want out there to try and win the game. Matched with Matt Kholin up front mainly because Kal is a great user and asset to the league, he deserves to be out there for the winner. On the backend, the combo of Augustus Wang and Hugh Jazz because they are both game changers and both have funny names, which seals it for me.

Code:

Milestone claim - +3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

It is difficult to say something nice about just a one person here, just about every single person I’ve interacted with here has been amazing. But for this prompt I’m going with Arkz. The future best goalie in the SHL, @Arkz has been such a great addition to the Specters LR since day one. He seems to pay as much attention to the Specters season as he does the Whalers and has been a such a great member of the team. We struck gold with snagging Arkz and I’m lucky to have been able to get to know him.

ISFL affiliate – 3 TPE

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 12:29 PM by Mr. Finland.)

Detroit slump after good regular season. We had strong team and we should play better at playoffs for sure. It was big disappointment to all of us and we need definitely get better playoff mood at next season and there is a lot of to do before that. We will also lost few key players so it will be interesting to see how we are scoring at next season. Also it was surprise to me that Hamilton cleared Texas at conference finals, even Texas had a wonderful regular season and so strong team. It will be interesting to see what they will do at next season. Will they continue dominating regular season? How about playoffs? Can they finally achieve their spot at finals? Defending champion Chicago Syndicate slump was also surprise to me, because I always thought that defending champion will be strong at next season too. Clearly we saw now, that's not true always.

Detroit regular season was OK. In my opinion we should have stronger regular season at next season, but we need improve a lot of our playoff game and mood. It might be my last season at Juniors, so I will do everything which I can to help this team to reach spot at Finals and win it with my wonderful teammates. We will lost few our key players and we need to find replacement for those people, so we can compete again against any team for sure. It will be interesting to see what our Management will do to this situation and what is their plan to bring glory to Detroit again after few seasons. Personally I can't get my build better, because of TPE cap, but I can still raise my TPE Bank and prepare myself better to SHL at future. It's not so far away anymore for me, which is very exciting.

Detroit and Texas. This might be saying old things again but in my opinion both teams were strong and they had a good regular season, especially Texas regular season was very strong and personally I thought that they will go to the Finals. I could also nominate Kelowna Knights as they had also strong regular season, but in my opinion Texas and Detroit out of the final was big disappointment to both organization for sure. Even Texas was closer to Finals than Detroit, they both need improve a lot to reach Final spot and get the glory to their city and players and the whole organization

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to Hamilton Steelhawks, woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Aaron Wilson. 23 points and 11 goals with +15 is huge statement to anyone. It will be interesting to see can he continue at this beast mode at next season. He already won a lot of glory to Hamilton, since it's not first won to their powerhouse since few seasons which I have been part of the SHL. I could easily pick names like Michael Scarn or Dick Clapper and outside of the finals I have to name Aaron Barron at defender 23 points, it's huge, amazing statement to the whole league. He was definitely on fire at playoffs. It will be interesting to see what happens to next season

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3010558

16. Written, 3 TPE

@Rangerjase My best friend from SHL. I couldn't never imagine that I found something warm and loyal friend as you're to me from SHL. You and Nash are great combination and he is definitely the most cutiest dog at SHL. I'm very proud of Nash too!

@Jobin I enjoy a lot of your Molly and Rilo content. They're important to me too nowadays <3

@Mutedfaith The original reason why I choose to join Detroit when I started this game.

@TheSparkyDee You should give Jack few more pets.

@Fantobens Same to you as Jobin. I enjoy a lot of your Ted and George content. They're important to me too nowadays <3

@Mediocre_Fred You're the only one who seems to interested about my Armenia updates hahaha. I appreciate!

To everyone else who I might forgot, feel free to DM me via Discord.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 02:37 PM by Halkohol.)

Code:
Code:
Wow, there were a couple of surprising things this season. The problem is where to begin. I think we have to start with last years cup winner. The fact that Chicago Syndicate didn't make the playoffs are truly something to wonder about. Were they just having a good playoff run last season? Should we now start to expect Toronto to frequently make the playoffs? Do not get me wrong, the increased competetiveness in the Great Lakes is nothing but positive but it raises some interesting questions for the future. I think a challenger for the biggest surprise however is the domination season that Texas had. 54 wins and only missing out on points in 11 games is truly something to be proud of, and not something I expected from the Renegades. At the same time, how many of us actually predicted San Francisco Pride to make the playoffs and bring on one of the toughest and most nervewrecking series of the S58 playoffs? I think the most surprising part of this season has to be the surprise teams to make the playoffs. There was just too much wild things going on to not say it was. (196 words)

Code:
Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?
Oh no? I think you must mean "Oh yes!". This is truly something intriguing. I think the question here completely depends on what the team composition looks like. A defensive, rugged team with some quick wingers are absolutely going to be dominating with b) while a pure offensive team with good puckhandling and passing would be better off from a). The interesting part is also that the keeper would matter a lot for the more offensive team that would run the a) option. The risk that the team running b) would be coming in 1v0, 2v1 or 2v0 situations are very likely. The complete immunity from penalties/offsides/icings would however be the far stronger choice. You can play completely how you want and solve situations in a way that would just keep frustrating the team with one more player (which will make the ice more crowded). Given the choice, b) is absolutely far too good to not take. (159 words)

Code:
Obviously, I want to say Detroit Falcons here. Being the captain of a team practically since the start of my career means I love this team far too much to not be biased towards them. However, it has to be Kelowna. During any normal playoff run (thanks a lot FHM6) it would have been QCC-KEL in the finals, these two teams were truly just on another level for the entire season. So why did Kelowna not make the finals? Well, Quebec did beat them in the semis, which means that the real final was actually played in the semis. I mean, we can also just take a look at points total during regular season. Kelowna were clearly superior here with 109 points compared to Quebec's 98. (126 words)

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?
IIHF? Now we're talking! This tournament is always difficult to predict due to the nature of it. Again, I am subjected to some bias. Of course I am going to say Sweden is going to do well. As well as my IIHF fantasy picks, Wagstrom, Ibrahimovic Jr. and Swedish goalies. Why I expect them to do well? Because it's my nation and the players I picked of course. If I am a bit more serious, there are a couple of teams I expect to do better. Canada and Great Britain are two of the teams I expect to be gold medal challengers, they are simply that good. Both USA and Japan are however very possible challengers, together with Sweden since I am an optimist. The interesting thing with IIHF is however the single elimination bracket making upsets more likely. That said, I think both Russia and Austria are going to miss playoffs. Sadly (for them), the difference between them and the other nations is simply too large. I'll avoid talking about players more than I already have. Partly because I don't know a lot about which nationalities a lot of the players belong to but mostly because I don't want to jinx myself any more than I've already done. (209 words)

Code:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3010612

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
Wow, wow, WOW. Thank you @Keenan first of all for reviving this. I love this, the positivity spread is amazing. I have a couple of people I want to give thanks to since last time.
@Sopath thank you for always helping me out with draft and draft lotto streams. It has been nothing but a pleasure to have you and I couldn't be happier over a future teammate. 
@kenvald thank you and @Zema for drafting me to New England. I love it there and am exicited to join you in SHL in just a bit.
@nour@Mutedfaith I know we haven't won a cup yet, but there is still one season left. Thank you for drafting me to the Falcons, it has been nothing but a pleasure. Best J GMs I could have asked for.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:32 AM by Jorec.)

This last season was my first season in the SHL proper and I don't think I did too badly all things considered. However, getting bounced in the first round sucks. A lot. And I want to do everything I can to prevent that and go deep in the play offs. So what will I be doing differently? Focusing more on my offence. Coming into the league as a highly touted offensive defender, I assumed I'd just be throw into prime minutes on the power play. Instead, I was told to work on my defensive game. It was a bit of a shock, given that I'd always been 'good enough' defensively in Juniors and unfortunately I feel like my game suffered as I worked to be more defensively minded. Though that adaptation and adding a stronger defensive element to my game means that I can go back on the offense and that is what I'll be doing this season to help.

160 words

I expect that, as always, Canada will do well, their continuous influx of talent makes them hard to bet against. Great Britain, the United States and Germany fill out that top four. Slight aside, I'll never not be amused that Great Britain does so well in our league. I think (hope) that Russia will surprise this season. We haven't been good as of late, or at all really. I think that'll change starting this season though. A few of us who have been on the team for a few seasons, playing both on Junior international teams and for team Russia have moved up from Juniors. Our newfound experience with SHL proper and all of the training that comes with us will be a really big boon. That fact alone will give us a much better team then we had last season and maybe give us the chance to surprise this season.

151 words

8. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship t-shirt for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup t-shirt for the SMJHL is ok as well.) Hey maybe if your design is good enough it'll make it to the merch store!

[Image: Season58-TShirt.jpg]

9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: S58-Magazine.jpg]

10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: S5Banner.jpg]

14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: S58-Procrastinator.jpg]

Claim 1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007719

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 04:51 PM by TnlAstatine.)

+3
Code:
Honestly, the most surprising part has to be that Chicago wasn't able to make the playoffs. The great lakes are the pinnacle of this league and all four teams are the top 5 teams in this league. The squish at the end of the year was full of anxiety for all teams involved and I see that it will continue this way for some time. It's hard to break out ahead of the other 3 teams as the great lakes are just fully on top of their game all at the same time. Buffalo struggled at the beginning of the season falling to some of the fringe or other teams outside of the playoff hunt, but bringing it back at the end of the season to reach the finals against those odds was pretty crazy.

+3
Code:
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?
I really want to be biased here and say that Monkey D. Luffy is a lock for the hall of fame. His career has been pretty impressive and his trophy case becomes more fun as his career continues. We'll have to see if he can continue and bring longevity to his career, or if he'll fall off in the coming seasons deep into his regression. Currently after 10 seasons he doesn't see much in terms of slowing down and if his decline is a slow-paced one he will for sure cement himself for the hall of fame. I know his personal goals are locking up most buffalo franchise records which will be complicated following the likes of metzler and marius. Doyle is another that comes into mind. She is possibly the best goalie to ever lace them up here in the SHL and he trophy case is so packed full she might need to buy a house just to store them all. We might have to start naming all the goalie trophies after her.

+4
Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?
b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.
A) Buffalo has a lot of advantages even though they didn't quiet match the point totals of hamilton. Their goalie is a league above and their depth is no joke. They need to have every single line rolling and their dominant powerplay during the season needs to translate here in the finals.
B) Defense wins championships and this is no different here. Buffalo isn't shy when it comes to scoring goals, but again they have the best goalie to ever grace the SHL in history and she'll be relied upon once again for Buffalo to have a chance at the challenge cup this year,
C) Lets be honest, hamiltons branding just doesn't match up here. Sure they are decent in their own right, but Buffalo has the best branding this site has ever seen. They are the cleanest and most professional and honestly there is nothing better than the green and gold sea we'll see in the playoffs.
D) I don't understand the four players totally, but we'll assume 2 forwards a D and a goalie. Obviously doyle gets the nod, along with sharp at center and power house luffy at wing. For Defense I'll have to go with a long shot and have my boy owens out there to hold the fort while sharp and luffy go insane.

+3
Code:
+3 Milestones

+3
Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
It's hard for me to call out and tag all the people that have done great things in the shl because so many people are deserving of it throughout the league. For me tho I have spent over two years at home with my buffalo friends and family and they are all awesome. We go through the highs and lows of SHL together and even life. Every single day is a great day in the buff LR and we all help each other out on a daily basis. Every member of the buffalo locker room is amazing and I wouldn't have it any other way and no other team even compares to us. except lee #leeout.

+16

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Code:
I would rather have the final with only 6 players. Although it would be difficult to endure to the end without replacement, play all 60 minutes at high speed, in excitement. They could spend at least the first period on honor and then already get some respite. I choose this option because hockey without sharps, irregularities, even fights is no longer real hockey. If hockey were without sharps, then it would no longer be ice hockey, it would be simple figure skating. Because in figure skating you do without sharpness and irregularities, you just skate and show your talent or what you have learned. Although other times a violation or reproach of an area begins to rage when done too often, it gives it the feeling that it is hockey. 

Code:
If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's s
When I sit on the couch and watch the finals, I am very excited and my gaze can no longer be taken away from the TV. I always fantasized - what if it were - what if I was in the finals and others watched in person or watching TV and what kind of performance I would show. I always try to get inspired by watching the finals and try to remember what mistakes they make, because it can happen to me too. I'm trying to learn some skill or pass, because they are better than me and our team, if they are already playing in the final. These are the players you can learn from and be inspired by. Since you can notice a lot more mistakes on the TV than when watching in the arena or on the ice, I analyze the mistakes and then in team training I try to remember what are the most important things that always need to be remembered to create a great match. Definitely the most important thing to learn is passing and throwing through the goal, so that it is very accurate and very effective. 

Code:
I would like to say that it is the SMJHL team - the Vancouver Whalers. Do you know why? it’s not because it’s the team I play on. I also have great respect for the other teams. But that's because we're mature enough to play great hockey in the playoffs. I have already taken the second season with this team and both had the same scenario. We ended the regular season as the eighth team to make the playoffs. The regular season was not as successful as expected. But in both seasons we were ready to go on the ice and fight for victory, no matter what it cost us. We were able to overcome the first round of both seasons, a winning team that was above us in the regular season, we even seem to have moved on. I may be wrong, but we are already overcoming the first round for two seasons, winning a stronger team and not very much moving forward.

Code:
I don't really know how to predict this tournament. All teams are very strong with talented players. With each passing year, more and more talents appear, who raise their team higher with the play, throws. Of course, as every time, the favorites are all the great powers - Canada, Russia, Finland, Sweden. There are also teams that can shoot their powder and surprise all the fans. An example is the Norwegian team. The team is very good, competitive, but often the first games against the leaders fall. If the first games are lost, there is very little chance of leaving the group or is completely lost. Personally, I really like the Swedish and Finnish teams. Of course, I am always only for my home country and team Latvia, but if I don't succeed and we don't move on, I will definitely hope and follow these two teams. 

Code:
a. To be able to win and get to a higher position, you need to remember two important things - attack and defense. If the attack is not successful once, then unfortunately you can forget about the victory, because without a goal, but you can not win the game. Defending on the one hand is, in my opinion, a very terrible and difficult thing, because it can collapse once, one mistake and you are already losing, because the goalkeeper is not always able to react to the opponent's throw.
b. I think a great attack is the key to success. Because with a great attack you can throw goals, create dangerous situations, push opponents into your area, thus saving time that they could use in counterattacks. Because if the protection is not in perfect condition, then there is only one other person left who stands at the gate and guards it - the goalkeeper. Of course, it's not 100% that will repel an opponent's shot, but most will be caught. Because without attack and goal there is no victory. With a good attack you can score at least 10 goals, which is already a good performance and possibly a game won.
c. If I have to choose between these teams one by one and right after the location, then I prefer the Buffalo team because I know where this place is, but I don't know where Hamilton is. If you have to choose the logo that I like best, then it's Hamilton, because the colors of the logo are light, consistent, that's what I like best. 
d. I don't want to mention specific words that I would rather send on the pitch to realize the chances of scoring and winning the game. But I can say that I would send the best snipers on the field. One player with a high percentage to create a quality attack will send the others with the better% (goal goals against throws). If the format is 4vs4, then send 3 snipers and one effective defender who is not afraid to play in defense alone and always get time to be able to help the goalkeeper.

Code:
S58 SMJHL Milestones +3TP

16/16 TP

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Code:
I would absolutely choose the immune to penalties/offsides/icing perk. The fact that my players could injure enough of the other team’s players so they literally couldn’t ice six skaters, and completely get away with it, would be the biggest perk of them all. Then we could play five on five or even less than that and have our best player cherry picking in the offensive zone the entire game. Oh, the other team’s best player is on a break away? Catch up with him and hack the shit out of his ankle until he can’t skate on it. Goalie is a bit hot and stopping everything? Time to spray him in the face with the can of mace you have in your breezers.

Code:
Monkey D. Luffy is definitely a lock for the Hall of Fame. He’s either the points leader or he’s in contention every single season. He is routinely a 20+ goal scorer, and though his signature isn’t up to date with his stats, I know for a fact he’s a monster and one of the best to ever play the game. He also has the hardware to back up his Hall of Fame consideration, with two separate Challenge Cups, along with being a 2,000+ TPE beast. Also to be considered is his playoff performance, which is also top notch. He’s not the type of player who fizzles out and chokes when the seriously important games are on the line, and he performs extremely well under tough and daunting conditions. He’s consistently among the top in point producers during the playoffs as well. Plus he has a body that just won’t quit. His hockey ass/60 is off the charts.

Code:
The Kelowna Knights were the best team in the SMJHL by a long shot. They were 53-10-3. The next closest team to them was Quebec with 7 less wins on the season. They had the second most goals for and the least goals against out of any team in the SMJHL, and they made it all the way to the conference finals before the eventual Four Star Cup winning Quebec Citadels beat them out. Had they played any team other than the eventual champions, I feel like they would’ve made easy work of the conference finals and the SMJHL finals.
Code:
a. Buffalo will have to rely heavily on Monkey D. Luffy to clap some serious bombs and score a lot of goals. Also they’ll have to rely heavily on Elizabeth Doyle to stop what comes at her, as Hamilton’s offense is pretty lethal. If Luffy can get into a groove and get his game going, it’s going to be a tough series for Hamilton.
b. I believe that a good offense is the best defense. Buffalo’s offense won’t be able to get anything done if they’re constantly in their own zone defending, and getting peppered with shots and what not. Constant offensive pressure will cause even the best defense to crack eventually and let in some goals.
c. I prefer Buffalo’s, and not just because I’m on the Stampede. I just think the color scheme is a lot better. It’s more original, and more exciting. The logo I think is also a lot better, the circle logo with the buffalo in it is perfect. No offense to Hamilton, but the gray and blue is kind of boring. Also, a pro team in Hamilton seems kind of odd, when Buffalo in real life has two pro teams there… well a pro football team and an ECHL equivalent team.
(3 points because I’m maxed out now)

Code:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3009589

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I love everyone here. Seriously, this community is amazing, and I’ve had some really great times here just shooting the shit in discord or making signatures for people. It’s amazing that a bunch of people can keep this website going for so long, just as a hobby with no monetary gain whatsoever.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:Milestones - 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007500

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Oh you've gotta pick the immune to penalties, offsides and icing. You could have one guy just at the other end rag dolling their goalie all over the defensive zone. I mean, sure, you're getting played 6 on 4 in your own end, but who doesn't want to see that? Power bombing guys out of the crease, throwing haymakers at the blue line, and if there's no penalties couldn't you just turn your own net to face the boards? Now we're cooking. They're always talking about making the game of hockey more exciting and "for the fans". I can't think of a better way to do that than having your 6"8 defensemen wind milling the opposing teams goalie in the air for 60 minutes a night.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Barry Batsbak from the Calgary Dragons. I might be a little bit bias because up until the end of the most recent season, Katth was my GM in the juniors. Regardless, Barry the player has been an integral cog in the Calgary Dragons machine. Being an offensive powerhouse that just refuses to quit is just the tip of the iceberg for Batsbak. He's fighting to stave off regression, while still outputting a ridiculous amount of offensive firepower. The guy has been around since S46 and is still competitive. That only speaks to the character of Katth, who is so devoted to Calgary's success. I think the only thing missing from his resume to be an absolute lock for the hall of fame, is a cup. While I believe he could get in regardless, locking in a championship would make the induction an absolute no brainer. On a personal level, Katth was my GM in Kelowna for my first few seasons, and I couldn't have asked for a better GM to introduce me to the league.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

LaFleur has had a pretty wild ride in the playoffs this year. Last year in Kelowna we were so disappointed that we got knocked out early. Everyone really banded together and pushed to try and redeem ourselves. This year, the 7 game series we had against Vancouver in the first round was absolute madness. We were down 3-2 in the series and came back to win it, everyone was so relieved. Quebec was up next, and we considered this matchup to be the 'finals' of our playoff run. To say we were disappointed to lose would be an understatement. Our offense completely fell off, our defense crumbled, and it felt like everything went wrong. I know from a personal standpoint, I'm going to put more attention on the offensive side of my game going into S59. To be honest, I didn't even watch the finals. I'm already looking to the next season, and am more determined than ever to help Kelowna to the top.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Would it be too easy to say Kelowna? Regardless of the 'playoff format', a lot of us really felt like this was our year. We had an outstanding regular season, and everyone was excited and eager to get things going in the post season. While our matchup with Quebec in the second round is considered (to me anyway) to be the 'finals' of our season, it felt like that series should have been playing for the four-star. The result left much to be desired, and I know lots of people in Kelowna are disappointed in our showing. The only thing we can really do is look forward to next season, and continue working hard. On a personal level, the end of our playoffs left me completely drained. I barely had the energy to come and complete championship week stuff. I just felt deflated.

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE

Just wanted to take this prompt as an opportunity to thank Esa for bringing me into Calgary. With the news that he was stepping down as GM of the Dragons, part of me was selfishly annoyed that I wouldn't get to play under his management. From the conversations I've had with him, to the interactions with the rest of the Dragons roster, Esa is a fantastic General Manager, leader, role model, and honestly, just a great person. His examples of leadership and sense of community are traits to be admired, and duplicated. I'm just thankful that he and Izzy brought me into Calgary, even if it cost them a parm and a leg.

16 TPE
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 03:18 PM by littleb.)

Code:

My Milestones

Code:

Both of these options have perks but with my team and the style I like to play no penalties, offsides or icing would be a premium choice.  This is under the assumption that the team always allowed to have 6 skaters on would get penalties to their players even if they could replace them to always have 6 on the ice. The benefit of no icing or offsides doesn't really hold any extra advantage being a man short as there is always adequate bodies to cover everyone.  The real benefit is being immune from penalties especially for a physical team even against 6 skaters you would wear them down with hits, slashes even dropping the gloves with guys on the other team you wanted to be off the ice.  This is an advantage in it's self, but when you consider you can do anything you want to the opposing goaltender and it makes it a no brainer in the end for me.  

Code:

This will be the first season I am playing in the big league so the biggest thing I need to do is beef up and be ready to help move the Pride forward!  It is going to be a tough season for us but with all our new recruits coming up it will be important to gel early and play above our young skill level.  From a personal level I plan on putting extra focus on my skating and watching game films from the big league to improve my defensive awareness.  Scouting opponents in the off season will also help me to build a better mental understanding to help me win faceoffs and see where my targets are for improving to help keep goals out while our veterans rest to put the puck in the net on their shifts.

Code:

This is an easy one for me!  The Detroit Falcons have been the #3 Seed for two years running heading into the playoffs and both times failed to win the first series.  Through our regular season play we more than proved we had full talented lines and could win games with our gritty determination and solid playmaking skill.  Winning in the playoffs just seemed to be elusive to us I think the referee's just didn't like how aggressive we were, or maybe we weren't flashy enough showmen so didn't get the calls our way.

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 02:47 PM by TheSparkyDee.)

16/16 TPE Earned

#1: 
The biggest thing this season was The Winnipeg Aurora first season as the Winnipeg Aurora was looking to be a forgettable one! They did not start out the best, after the casino bet had us under our win total of last season, everyone thought it was going to be not even close for us to win and even make the playoffs. Well it was looking that way for a long time during the season, but something took a massive turn for the GREAT! Not the worst! We would go on to just win! We won so much in the last quarter of the season! We actually made the playoffs on the last day of the regular season and it was an amazing run to get into the playoffs. We unfortunately got swept in the first round, but we played our little hearts out to get to the playoffs! We have what it takes to win soon! 
(155 words) 

Hall of fame…. A. Jobin is the perfect fit for this “Hall of Fame” bid, this dude has a Four Star Cup, and now he has two Challenge Cups!! He is a goalie who the Franchise Hockey Manager game absolutely loves, I mean this goalie has only been in the league since Season 53… and he did not join the Hamilton Steelhawks until season 55 and he already has 2 Challenge Cups in 4 seasons! That is just a crazy stat, if A. Jobin decided to call it quits and recreate as B. Jobin… A. Jobin would be immediately inducted into the SHL Hall Of Fame! Give this man the KEY to the SHL! A. Jobin needs to be the commissioner of the SHL over Nour immediately! #JobinForCommish. We need to get a change of scenery for A. Jobin because what if he got moved to another team? Would he do the same thing? What do you think…. I think he would.
(160 words)

Well.. it’s simple. We need to win! But winning comes from good chemistry with our players, and we will have good chemistry after next season because this Winnipeg Aurora team is looking scary, we have a lot of young talent and we are definitely ready to go back to the semis to try and beat the Hamilton Steelhawks or whoever else is there. We have a team that can win and they are capable of it too! We just need to push ourselves over that hump of where we stand. The young players coming in are looking good! And the first and second line are looking great! We are ready for a nice season coming up! I think we will win more games then we did this season. We will be better than we were last season too! We want to win and this whole team has the capability of doing so. We just need to get that in game chemistry up! 
(160 words)

The St. Louis Scarecrows are only a few pieces away from competing for the Four Star Cup! Look out for the Scarecrows who can be back to the winning ways we know and love! I want to say that this team has great locker room guys and active guys on the forums, so it should be sooner rather than later that we can get some playoff wins! And I’m still looking for my first win in a playoff series as a Co Gm. 

Hamilton Steelhawks has the better logo out of the two, I do like Buffalo jerseys a lot better. The location… well I have never been to Buffalo or Hamilton I would have to say Hamilton would be the place I would go to! Now the branding… that is a hard one, I think I would have to choose the Hamilton Steelhawks logo! 
(60 words)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3007676

I loved this mPT as well, it was something nice that we needed and everyone was so nice! The person who helped me this season is @cap blitz… He has been a massive help this season as his Co-GM for the St. Louis Scarecrows. I have learned so much from him, and we make a fantastic team! We are going to winning sooner rather than later! Look out for the Pinky and the Brain DUO in St. Louis!

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 06:53 PM by CanadianDuck.)

Task 4: (3) My playing career is very close to its end. I sit here in a dark room with the television playing Game 3 of the Finals between the Steelhawks and the Stampede. I had plans to retire after this season ended either way, but playing with Texas gave me something, and I have decided to return for 1 or 2 more seasons with a new team. I know I have to work harder than I ever had to to keep up with all the new young talent this league continues to produce, but I am up for the challenge. As I have said in the past, my bucket list only has 1 thing left unfinished. I had my chances to win the Challenge Cup, but now it is more about enjoying the time I have left before I finally do call it a career. They say anything is possible, so maybe I will find myself in the SHL Finals one more time.

Task 5: (2) This answer will be completely biased, and I am ok with that. I honestly believe the Texas Renegades are the best team not to make the finals. We had such an amazing roster and management did everything possible to make this team a Championship winner. I was a late addition to this roster, but it became clear just how bright this teams future will be. Everyone was playing at peak performance and it all just clicked so well. The chemistry between the players was perhaps the closest of any team I have been on.(and I was on 2 Four Star Cup winning teams which were full of some of the best players to ever play for the Scarecrows.)

Task 6: (3) The end of the SHL Playoffs mark the beginning of the IIHF tournament. The battle between different Countries for Gold, Silver and Bronze. I expect Canada will be right in the thick of things along with both Great Britain and the USA when the medal games are at play. I will give my annual underdog pick to Ireland this year. I fully believe they are going to surprise many with all the ability and talent they possess, they just need everything to click. I could even see them pulling off some amazing upsets on their way to a medal. Russia will have a big bounce back year after their struggles in the last tournament as will Finland. My final medal prediction for this tournament are as follows: Gold will belong to Canada, USA will take Silver, and Japan will claim the bronze in a hard fought battle against Great Britain.

Task 12: (2) B: A Strong Offense vs Strong Defense is once again the battle of the Finals. This year I see the defense falling to the never ending Offensive juggernaut. I am a bigger believer in a strong defense, but it is going to be a much harder task against such an unstoppable force of scoring talent possessed by Hamilton.

C: When it comes to which teams branding I like more, I do have a clear favorite. I really love Hamilton's jersey and color scheme much more than Buffalos. I will say though that I do like the Stampedes logo more than the Steelhawks. I am just not a fan of the green and yellow of Buffalo.

Task 13: (2) With the SHL Finals now finished, it is time to decide who should be named the Playoff MVP. The honor of being chosen for this is a very high achievement. I have been chosen to once again give my choice for this. I have been going back and forth between a few deserving individuals, but I can only choose one. Aaron Wilson is my pick for MVP of this years playoffs. He scored 11 goals and 23 points in the 19 games Hamilton played on their way to their championship win. His play during the finals was the biggest key to the Steelhawks victory over Buffalo.

Task 15: (1) Milestones

Task 16: (3) @Z-Whiz This site is a better place with you apart of it. You bring happiness to everyone you interact with, never stop being you. (I also really like your player.)

Total (16/16)

Hamilton and Buffalo have had their fair share of recent final appearances and despite it being bit boring it is hard to argue they were undeserved appearances. That said as team doing picking I would always take immunity to all penalties and other rules. First of all you can drop your gloves few times until you are playing 3 on 5 as opponents players take majors for fighting while you keep going on with 5 guys and after that you can run whole game with 2 man advantage with all goalie interference in the world and even if that would be called I say playing 3 on 5 beats doing it the other way around.

Well for sure I know one lock for Hall of Fame and once he does get there it will be his third one joining fever95 as next guy with 3 HOF players. The one I'm talking about is of course Andreas Kvalheim, current captain of Texas Renegades, man who stayed with the team through rebuild and was rewarded for that with 4 Jeff Dar Trophies with last three being back to back ones meaning he was first player to tie Dar himself with most awards and season after pass him being only one ever the award 4 times. So far he is sitting 4th in Renegades all time scoring with 564 points in 632 games during 12 seasons and is showing no signs of slowing down with realistic shot at first place at 755 when all is said and done. And not only are his points impressive we have to note that he is closing in on 2000 career hits with over 4000 faceoff wins even after starting his career as winger showing off his great 2 way game.

It was bit too close race between Buffalo and Chicago because of the messed up playoffs format and division alignment but if I wont take the homer pick with Texas, which I would argue we'd have pretty good argument for our case, I feel like leaning to Chicago over Toronto based on strength of their roster as I think they really dropped the ball during regular season and this could have been the season when Toronto hits over 40 wins and is left out, but as they started hot (like we did too) they too the spot and left Chicago out of playoffs.

10. Graphic, 3 TPE
[Image: eJBWkpB.png]

15. Milestones, 3 TPE
Milestones

16. Written, 3 TPE
I'm really bad at complementing people but I felt despite that man who deserves a shoutout here is @dankoa. First of all I want to thank you for initially drafting me into Texas, taking bit of a shot in the dark which others were not willing to take and not long after that you let me to take role in management talks. It was great experience working as your Co and even after your input is has been valuable even if I don't always show it. Your GM tenure left Texas with group of great users and players which I'm very grateful and it has made my time as GM pretty easy, so far. Thanks for everything.

Total TPE: 16/16

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me