Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

It's all about getting hyped up for me. Interestingly, there's not a bunch of songs about raptors specificially, but it's not a massive leap from raptors to say, a t-rex, or even something like godzilla... speaking of which...

Jamiroquai - Deeper Underground
Let that deep, funky bass from this Jamiroquai joint get into everyone's bones. By the time Jay Kay scats in the middle of the track, everyone is bumpin' and feeling good. That's how this tune works. Funk always relaxes people a bit, opens you up, you know? Any anxieties and fears get wiped out, blank slate to get into the right mindset for battle.

King Crimson - Dinosaur
Let's start the actual build up with a bit of a slow burn, get into that monster mentality. "IIIIII'M A DINOSAUR!" indeed. The orchestral break a little after the three minute mark which culminates in a brief silence might seem like a momentum killer, but it's not that easy to stop being a dinosaur and we jump straight back into it. A good reminder for the team.

Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla
Continuing that monster mentality... who better than the ultimate lizard monster? Godzilla. The roar at the start is just great, don't @ me. As much as I think it would be cool to skate out to this, I just feel like strapping your gear on to this tune just feels epic. There's also a "monster bass" breakdown that just kicks ass tbh. Strap up and feel like you're about to level a city, lads.

Iron Maiden - Quest For Fire
This one's all about the energy. That opening line sets it all off "in a tiiiiime, when dinosaurs walked the earth!" In case you forgot who we are. A quest for fire at an ice hockey rink. Destruction. Bring it. This is a challenge song if I ever heard one.

Gojira - Born For One Thing
Last reminder why we're here. From the start we're here with high energy. The hook sums it all up "We were born for one thiiiiiing; born to face the greatest fear of aaaaall". The drums sound almost military at times, as if to remind everyone that we're about to go to war. The dramatic end finishes kind of abruptly, almost like a cliffhanger. The fight isn't over.

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

One of the best things of the Colorado Raptors is how tightly knit the locker room is. This includes the music selection for our pregame. The following are the top 5 songs of this ritual:
1. Skate by BIA: Perfect rap song to get your head in the game. Extra points for having hockey related lyrics.
2. The winner by Miki Matsubara: If you want a Japanese version of Danger Zone, well here you go. This song is only for winners and guess what? That’s exactly what the Raptors are.
3. Spitfire by Go2: if there is something that will get you hyped for game day is a filthy Eurobeat track. Specially appreciated by our car enthusiasts
4. Badlands by Rogue: we are talking about some chill electronic beats to get everything set for the big game. One could say it’s perfect to play in the LEAGUE and boost everyone with a ROCKET.
5. Paralyzed by Dream Theater: heavy rifts and great vocals, would even get my snail hyped for hockey.

(171 Words)

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 02:09 PM by Aleris.)

Jingle, Jangle, Jingle - Kay Kaser

This song sets the tone. Everyone's coming into the arena, spurs jingle jangling on their cowboy bots. The players are strolling in with Vegas fashion and the largest cowboy hats you can buy.

Viva Las Vegas - Elvis Presley

Patrons are starting to take their seats, most of which are at the provided blackjack and roulette tables around the arena. Gambling is life in Vegas.

Ace of Spades - Motorhead

What's a card more revered than the Ace of Spades? We start picking up the tempo as we take the ice for a quick skate and stretch.

G.O.A.T - Dilijit Dosanjh

Our mascot? A goat. Are we the Greatest Of All Time? Yes. What better song to prelude the intro of our starting line up. The party has come baby. It's Vegas Goat (Nevada Battleborn) Time!!

The Baddest - K/DA

3 of the top 5 in penalty minutes. Need I say more? Yeah the other team may get 50, 60, maybe even 70 shots on us. But we're going to make them fight for every inch.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

PBE Affiliate
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 08:04 PM by Sly92.)

Hell March - Command & Conquer
Turn Down for What - DJ Snake, Lil Jon
HandClap - Fitz and The Tantrums
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Timber - Pitbull, Kesha

Maine Timber's locker room jams get intense. Our main goal is to get the guys pumped up and ready to take out the competition. For our top 5, we have a couple of classics, a couple new-ish songs and something for the video game lovers out there. Timber is an obvious first choice for the Maine Timber so of course that's one of our top hits, not to mention, it's our goal song. Next we've got Eye of the Tiger for the classic pump up vibes, credits to Mr. Balboa. This one really gets the team focused and ready for the game without causing too much ruckus. Next we've got HandClap and Turn Down for What for the true pump up right before heading out on to the ice. These two songs really get the team hyped with their up upbeat, fast tempos and being played way too loud tendencies. Finally, we've got Hell March for right before we go on the ice and as we walk in. This is the song that we play to really set the intensity for the team and the crowd to let everyone know that sh*t is about to get real.

(302 words)

[Image: RG2yOzP.png]
Credit: Ragnar
[Image: W3cWGCN.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png] [Image: 3XEVZeB.png] [Image: jO2Di2N.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png] [Image: o2NPreS.png]

The pregame playlist the Knights rock out to before every game

1. Kingdom - All Good Things

This is our Kingdom! Every time we step onto the ice as the Knights, it becomes our castle and we will bring as many as we have to into battle to make sure we come out on top. This song really gets the blood flowing and the hype game is real.

2. Courtesy Call - Thousand Foot Crutch

Another hype song to get the blood flowing. Time to let the other team know that they are on notice and are about to get smacked. No better feeling than being on top

3. Warrior - Volbeat

The final hype song on the list to finish firing up the squad. Not a typical song you would think of when thinking about hockey, but it gets the job done.

4. Gummy Bear Song

I sneak this one in there to rile up the crowd. Some will dance around and some just try to get to the sound system to turn it off haha.

5. The Final Countdown - Europe

Is there any other option to play right before you hit the ice? This song gets the team back focused after the goofy song played before it.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2021, 09:35 PM by Big Newff.)

playlist

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

1. This Life - Sons of Anarchy theme song, the country twang sets the stage for a song with lyrics celebrating the outlaw life - gotta raise some hell before they take you down!

2. Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood and the Destroyers - a classic riff with George's growly voice boasting about how bad he is - and he is b-b-b-b-b-bad

3. Cowboy - Kid Rock - all about moving out west and living the cowboy life, baybee

4. California Uber Alles - Dead Kennedy's - a thumping bass riff leads into a sonic wall of destruction punctuated by Jello Biafra's unique vocal style

5. California Love- Tupac featuring Dr. Dre - that groovy backbeat and instantly-recognizable chorus sets the backdrop for a party song with Pac and Dre telling us how to live life to the fullest in the California party scene

--------

We're all living our best outlaw life in Anaheim - when you're part of the posse you know you're there to raise hell and start shit for no reason other than being a badass. All these songs help set the tone and stick to the Outlaw/California theme to get the gang pumped up and ready to bring it every game!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

To say that the musical tastes of the Berserkers was all over the place would be an understatement. You could walk down to the locker room at any given day, and you'd hear a different style blaring in the speakers.

That being said, Jannik's musical tastes are a bit on the heavier side, and it's why he would rather listen to his own "pump up playlist" while preparing for a game. He likes having songs arranged in a crescendo, to get him progressively more hyped the closer to the game it is.

1. Crystal Ball - Death From Above 1979
The perfect song to start flipping a puck with your stick to. Bopping groove, not too heavy on the ears, it gets you just focused enough to start your gameday preparations.

2. The Pretender - Foo Fighters
There's a bit more angst to this song than the previous one - and this is where the visualization work starts for Jannik. Feeling the hits on the boards in his mind, as he internally yells that "he'll never surrender" - he can picture his most punishing interventions in his own zone, and how to contain the opposition, like a video compilation made by a 15-year old and posted on YouTube in the early 2010s...

3. Memento - Eluveitie
Jannik uses the middle of his playlist to re-center himself, and an instrumental song by a band from his native Switzerland is sure to do the trick. It's a jolly, active melody, but that doesn't overtake you too much - which is perfect to start taping your sticks and prepare your equipment. The bagpipes are such an underrated instrument...

4. Lay The Ghost To Rest - Insomnium
This is where Jannik's playlist starts taking a turn into the heavy, growl-infused world of melodic death metal. This song is a reminder to him to leave all the previous games behind, and focus only on what's ahead. The song's running time of 7m45s is also crucial to his dressing routine, as he knows most of his equipment, save for his skates and jersey, should be equipped by the end of the song.

5. Cry Of The Black Birds - Amon Amarth
We have now attained "peak hype". The song's frantic tone and lyrics can throw you into a frenzy. The Berserker inside Jannik is seething, and it's time to make the enemy pay. CHARGE YOUR HORSES ACROSS THE FIELDS - TOGETHER WE RIDE INTO DESTINY!

(400 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

1) All Around the World-Red Hot Chili Peppers - The hard bass intro that leads into a funky rhythm just something that overall is just a great way to get pumped up and in the mental zone to go hard.
2) Crazy Train-Ozzy Osbourne - A classic song that builds on the hype and really gets the hype train going! Don't think there are many people that dislike this song, so its also a good, safe song to just get lost in as you work
3) Fuel-Metallica - Another one of those songs that is easy to get lost in, but goes a bit harder. Makes you want to keep pushing and going for it. We just pretend that its fossil fuels, no coal allowed here.
4) Welcome to the Jungle-Guns and Roses - Here starts the foundation of the Tree mentality while also keeping that high energy, fun all around.
5) Timber-Pitbull - This. This is the one. Not typically considered a song that one would have on a playlist with the previous ones, but this is the song that brings things full circle and into that Timber mentality, it shall drive us to future success and be our anthem of glory in the coming years.

Jurassic Park Theme by John Williams- As the Dino Gang, what better tune to kick off the pre game playlist than this? It is one of the most soothing, calming and beautiful songs that has been ever written. It'll get the boys energized for sure,

Hall of Fame- Lots of good old classics, but which one of us Juniors doesn't want to get into the HOF one day? This inspires us to get out there and shove.

Viva La Vida- Not sure why, but I hear lots of pros use this as a walk up song. However, I like the theme and it hypes everyone up.

Never Gonna Give You Up- Now this one is a bit of a meme, but us in the locker room are big memers who love a little rickroll from the good old days.

Raptors Appear- FInally, why not top it off with another Jurassic Park song, what even better song than the Raptors appear? It starts off slow but it is a great tune.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

ISFL / NSFL PT Affiliate

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]

For me I can pretty much listen to any genre of music so I like a healthy mix. There are no five songs that I or assume the team could listen to before every single gameday as I believe that would be very boring and get old fast. Anyways here are my five picks for today.

1. Rubberband- Alex Cruz. You can never go wrong with some EDM before hockey, go to any arena and you cant avoid it, maybe not as soft as thing song but its still a solid pick.

2. P.Y..T. -John Gibbons. Another EDM song, like I said you just can't go wrong. An EDM remix of a Michael Jackson song so its sure to please both the younger and older players.

3. Body- Loud Luxury. One more EDM song to get the guys and gals pumped up. A solid song I get get pumped up to any day.

4. Run it Up- lil Tjay. Any rap song with a catchy chorus and solid bars is perfect for a warmup song. Something about lil Tjay just hits different.

5. Like Me- $NOT. Once again a rap song with a solid hook that could get anyone ready to play some hockey.

If we are talking about pre game, I almost always think of something to get me into mood to single handedily win the game for my team by being just the best hockey player that has ever lived, so hype it is.

1. RIOT - Overkill

Starting out nice and heavy, one of those songs that are dubstep but have a bunch of metal in them, I find it very enjoyable.

2. Teminite & MDK - Space Invaders

This is another long one, even though this is mostly an electro song with a lot of those 8-bit bleeps and bloops, and it just doesn't stop for the whole 6-ish minutes that it's playing for.

3. Teminite & Panda Eyes - Highscore

Yeah. I listen to a lot of EDM (and Teminite), and a lot of stuff I listen to works very well as hype songs, since I like fast, high energy stuff. This, and pretty much the whole rest of Teminite's songs, are exactly that.

4. Nitro Fun - Error Code

Another electro song, another bleepy bloopy one, but one with fantastic drops, even if quite a bit calmer and a bit more of a just nice listen than a straight up hype song.

5. Pitbull feat Kesha - Timber

I mean, doesn't really need any explanation. To be fair, this is more of a whole LR song, everyone listens to this just before we get out on the ice so it's not really MY choice.

And if someone would really like to, I just threw it together here.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

1. Home on the Range - Dr. Brewster M Higley and Daniel Kelly - This one is essential for getting into that Outlaw state of mind. A lot of teams and players get ready for games by getting into a highly focused space by sitting in silence or near silence and doing whatever they need to do in their own mind. Dobby loudly sings Home on the Range. It helps, really.
2. Back in the Saddle Again - Gene Autry – I don’t think this one needs much explanation, but yeehaw
3. Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Outlaws – Someone hired a singer to modify this classic, replacing only the word Cowboys with Outlaws. I think it’s better this way.
4. Another One Bites the Dust – Sung about our opponents, naturally.
5. Kung Fu Fighting - CeeLo Green, Jack Black - obviously this one has to be last to get us in that fighting mindset. You have to be ready to drop the gloves at a moment's notice to stick up for a teammate or punish that one guy for being annoying. Don't be that one guy.