Create Account

NHL teams will not wear special warmup unis

06-23-2023, 12:04 PMboom Wrote: Jerseys get less when they’re not game-worn, and it doesn’t have the impact of a kid getting to see their favourite player in a special jersey that represents them (could be rainbow, cultural heritage, maybe they had a relative they fought cancer or did so themselves).

It’s more the principle that the NHL let themselves be bullied by shitty people.
Makes sense. I wouldn't consider warmup jerseys as game worn though, but that's just me. I think players are still free to model the jerseys and post about them individually as they'd like, might have read that as well. So hopefully there are plenty of players who pick up the league's slack there.

06-24-2023, 12:13 PMLeatherneckmike Wrote: I don't really expect anything less from the guy that makes Rob Manfred look like a great commissioner
At least Manfred will sign balls for free through the mail, not even charged for shipping.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

06-24-2023, 12:13 PMLeatherneckmike Wrote: I don't really expect anything less from the guy that makes Rob Manfred look like a great commissioner
Rob Manfred has been worse lmao.  Imagine if Bettman called the Stanley Cup a piece of metal

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

Manfred is way worse. It’s not often you have to question if the commissioner even likes the sport he runs.

The NHL still fumbled an opportunity to tap into a growing demographic and who knows how long it’ll be until they can get them back.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2023, 12:04 PM by FaraDian. Edited 1 time in total.)

Here's the only possibly positive silver lining of this...

Previously, team's created these custom uniforms, wore them for warm-ups, and then auctioned them off with proceeds going to charity. That's great for the charity, but only 23 fans get to participate and it's restricted to people who are a) present for however the auction happens and b) capable of spending the money. While it's great that someone is paying $1000 for a unique Robert Hagg Red Wings jersey, that person is never going to be me so I am entirely boxed out of participating. I absolutely HATE fan auctions because rich people get to have cool stuff and those of us who are poorer or just being more reasonable with our money get to sit on our thumbs and feel bad.

So okay, no more Pride or HFC or First Nations warm-up auctions. But maybe teams that actually care about these things will pivot to just selling these uniforms as replicas! Maybe teams won't make $30/40/50k anymore (total sale price of the DRW Tigers Night warmups was over $45k; not sure how much of that goes to the charity). Still, just put these things in the team store and let several hundred fans buy them at the usual price. If the Wings sold 258 Tigers Night replicas at $175 each, the sales price is the same $45k. You would *easily* sell 250 Pride replicas. Sorry to the dude who wants to spend $5000 on a uniform that Moritz Seider sweated on, the rest of us just want a chance to represent our team and our beliefs for a price that isn't a couple months of rent.

Of course, we'll be getting crap Fanatics quality for the time being, which also sucks. And yes, this means the team store will likely also be selling some terrible Blue Lives Matter version of uniforms too. But at least when I see the Thin Blue Line replica guy waiting for the bathroom, I know to stand plenty far away from him at the peeing trough.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Clowns let their players worm their way out of contractual obligations because it made them uncomfy and now this.

NHL hit my line I’ll run laps around Bettman.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

WBF > Bettman

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

06-26-2023, 04:15 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Clowns let their players worm their way out of contractual obligations because it made them uncomfy and now this.

NHL hit my line I’ll run laps around Bettman.

Would this mean you'd get rid of twitter

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

06-27-2023, 01:42 PMsve7en Wrote: Would this mean you'd get rid of twitter

Twitter's on its own way out tbh. Best thing for it in a while is Elon and Zuck setting up a cage match.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

06-27-2023, 04:11 PM_Blitz_ Wrote: Twitter's on its own way out tbh. Best thing for it in a while is Elon and Zuck setting up a cage match.
That was cancelled because Elon got his mommy to say he isn't allowed to be in it

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

And they just clarified their policy and banned players from using Pride Tape at all (which was already completely optional) under the excuse of "players might have to look at it".

This league is a joke.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I heard they banned players from expressing or supporting any sort of sexual orientation, culture, gender and fast food establishments

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

there are plenty of reasons why i pull absolutely no punches when it comes to vocally supporting the LGBTQ+ community in our little niche corner of the internet here, but one of the ones I keep coming back to is that the most well-known organized version of this sport fails us so consistently.

This is why Nevada has the "would you wear the pride jersey" question in the interested prospects survey. This is why I don't back down on this shit. If we can't even have the most bare bones, sanitized, capitalistic scraps of support from our real life counterpart, I am damn sure not going to be a coward about it here to avoid hurting bigots' feelings.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 09:35 AM by Urq660. Edited 1 time in total.)

The wording of the leagues memo is absolutely astounding in how tone-deaf and exclusionary it is, and includes this little gem:

“A factor that may be considered in this regard includes, for example, whether a Player (or Players) is required to be in close proximity to any groups or individuals visibly or otherwise clearly associated with such Special Initiative(s)."

How, in 2023, do we have the elite league for a sport enacting these kinds of policies? I would love to see players take a stand and show their support, in even the most minor way possible, but I can’t see anyone stepping up to the plate. This makes me acutely embarrassed to be a hockey fan, I’ll stick to watching my local team, who wear pride jerseys and sell them to fans each year, fuck the NHL.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Now theyre banning "Pride Tape"? C'mon Bettman, hide your hood.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]