Create Account

S71 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

The Carolina Kraken are an eclectic bunch, so naturally the music selection in the locker room has to match that vibe.

1. We Got the Moves- Electric Callboy

First up, the hype train that is Electric Callboy gets everyone's heart rate up and is particularly popular with the European players.

2. Daddy- Psy

Yeah, K-pop. We all pretend we don't like it, but no one knows who put it on and no one is getting up turn it off either.

3. Stranglehold- Ted Nugent

Let's bring the intensity down a little bit and let that sick, repeating guitar riff get us focused to put a stranglehold on those loose pucks.

4. Til I Collapse- Eminem

No locker room is really ready until this one comes on. Pretty much the only reason this song should ever be played.

5. Sweet Caroline- Neil Diamond

I mean, we're in Carolina. We can't not play this, right?

I’m Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado
This one is played to get in the right mood, it's bright and bubbly and is a good slow build to the rest of the warmup.

Feel Good Drag by Anberlin
Pumping up the tempo a bit with this classic alt-rock track, who doesn't like this track?

Momentary Bliss by Gorillaz (feat. slowthai and Slaves)
This hidden banger changes the pace and throws in some British rap. Also, a reminder to enjoy the moment.

Call Me Little Sunshine by Ghost
Now we're getting somewhere, this track starts slow with a nasty drum and then picks up to a proper ghost song. Key lyrics are
"Call me Little Sunshine
Call me, call me Mephistopheles
Call me when you feel all alone"

The Only Thing They Fear Is You by Mick Gordon
Ending on a banger without any lyrics, this song is just a big hype train through and through.

RETIRED

Since my job (other than being a hockey player) is actually a singer as a part of a K-POP group, I will introduce my teammates to some of our group's songs!

Below are some of my favorite songs from my band, NMIXX:

Party O' Clock
- I have to start the party/ warm up session with this banger, this is screaming that it is time to party - AKA Game Time

Dice
- This song is still loud and in your face, great for getting a locker room pumped for combat.

Roller Coaster
- Now that we are pumped up from the previous two songs, we will do a song that gets everyone engaged and encourages singing along. By this point we are starting to be a well-oiled machine.

Young, Dumb, Stupid
- As this song may be a bit cliche, this is another catchy sing-along tune,

O.O
- Right before we get into the game, we get this amalgation of a song, to confuse our opponents in case they end up eavesdropping.

171 words

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]

[Image: UHCcmgR.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

When JFB gets control of the Bluetooth airwaves, the songs he plays always get the fellas riled up before a big game. Some of the songs he plays include:

1. Killing in the Name – Rage Against the Machine. Anyone that has listened to this song understands why it would be played in the locker room before a hockey game. The song gets the blood flowing and ends with the whole team screaming “fuck you I won’t do what you tell me” to Gabe and the refs.
2. Super Beast – Rob Zombie. Many people have been saying that Bokassa might actually be THE super beast. This is his theme song.
3. Boneless – Steve Aoki. A different type of song than the last two, this electronic song with heavy beats gets the boys vibing and ready to rip.
4. Kids – Sleighbells. A fast-paced mix of rock and electronic gets everyone fully torqued.
5. Enter Sandman – Metallica. Hell yeah.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

1. King Kunta - Kendrick Lamar

Pretty self explanatory. We are kings and I don't wanna see them Timber-mouthed mother f***ers sitting in our throne again.

2. Indestructible - Disturbed

An all-time pump up song. No better track to make the boys feel like they can run through a brick wall. This energy is going to be sorely needed on a deep playoff run.

3. Victory - Puff Daddy ft. Notorious B.I.G

Legendary beat with inspirational bars to put us in a winning mindset. We know we're going to be victorious.

4. Family Ties - Baby Keem ft. Kendrick Lamar

An all-time hip hop banger for me. I want to go with Range Brothers, but the intro to this track is just the kinda stuff hype songs are made for.

5. The Final Countdown

Our lead in song to dial us in and get our heads in the game. Like Pavlov's dogs we are conditioned to salivate in preparation to feast on our opponents when we hear this banger.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

Oh yeah, okay, okay. Music is a really important part of life, and music really motivates Update Portal! Update Portal has the Macho Playlist, and he's going to share the top five songs with you, @LordBirdman!

1 - "Pomp and Circumstance" - this should be pretty self explanatory. It's quite a Macho song, and it would be a great theme song!

2 - "Real American" - this one gets the blood flowing, brother! There's something about it that the Madness go crazy, and puts you in the fighting mood. Even the 24 inch pythons aren't gonna be enough to stop the Madness when this one plays!

3 - Macho Man Randy Savage - Be A Man. This is a straight banger, laced with lyrical wordplay and venom. Hollywood has nothing on this one, brother!

4 - WCW theme song "What up Mach?" - another banger, if you aren't sensing a theme.

5 - Rebecca Black's Friday - one of the all time classic bangers.

Honorable mention - Ultimate Warrior's Unstable theme song.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

2 Points - Jidenna

This song is played before every Armada season game, because as Jidenna says, "I want my 2 points". Jidenna also says 'I just wanna pay pals like elon musk' and i believe this line subliminally motivates the rookies to work hard to get that sweet 3 million dollar contact in the big show.

The Chemical Workers Song - Great Big Sea

I imported this song into the dressing room after playing with some fellows on the berserkers in the preseason. "Every day you're in this place you're two days nearer death" is a subliminal reminder to put your all out there and get the dub. Also, the beat goes crazy.

Jesus Walks - Kanye West

This song just goes dummy hard. If i were to make a playlist with my top motivating songs this would probably be number one. This one helps me dig deep in the corners and play physical.

Many Men (Wish Death Upon Me) - 50 Cent

another song that accentuates Boats Against The World mentality.

Congratulations - Post Malone

This is played after every win. Simple as...

Well first of all you overestimate the groove we have found inside a locker so it ends up being Mänty that makes these picks for the team with his own clear bias.

1. Bearforce 1 by Bearforce 1, It clearly is here just as filler as it is a shit song but I had already decided it takes first spot just based on the name.
2. Next we have another song I haven't heard ever before but it definitely is already a better one, Grizzly by Peter Jordan, after whatever that last one was some metal is welcome.
3. As that is extend of the bear theme I can live with we throw in Survive by Stratovarius to keep teams spirit up even during some loss streaks we have had.
4. Then we add To the last drop of blood by beast in black, cause it hits the same theme that above song did but adds even more words with both song and band having long names.
5. I lied, last one will be Metsään (Official HD-myyrä cut) by Nallet, so another bear song.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I love guitars, drums, catchy lyrics and tunes of all sorts. So here's my playlist for our LR, I guess. It's not an order from best to worst or vice versa, just five songs that I enjoy listeming to that I could associate with Hockey.

Leviathan - Volbeat
Wait A Minute My Girl - Volbeat
For a hockey player who looks like Rob Caggiano, of course Volbeat would (and should) be at the top of the list. I was a little disappointed when I heard Wait A Minute... found it's way into an NHL console game playlist, but I get it. Adding the piano and sax just makes it feel electric. Leviathan I won't speak too much on, just that I love the riffs throughout.

Trouble - The Bones Of J.R. Jones
This song has an EODM feel to it; drums, guitar, and bass have a similar feel to it, all you really need is Jesse Hughes on vocals. This song is a good tune to listen to before you go out and lay waste to the other team on defense.

Queso Blanco - Quaker City Night Hawks
Right out of the gate this song feels like it came from a lost era of disco swing music. This is a shoutout to everyone in the hockey world with a love for tacos, just like Ryland Murphy. Everything about this song is catchy, and I appreciate the much needed shut down on cilantro.

You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar, But I Feel Like A Millionaire - Queens Of The Stone Age
Mildly screamo, this is definitely something you could nod your head to when you're on the bench waiting for your next shift. You can imagine just tracking down the puck carrier and laying into them just after your first few strides on the ice. It's an underrated banger, in my opinion.

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

It wouldn't be the Maine locker room without some Ke$ha bumping Timber. But thats no the only thing the boys and girls of the LR fist pump to. 

1. Ke$ha - Timber
2. Queens of the Stone Age - You Think I Aint Worth A Dollar, But I feel Like A Millionaire
3. Nine Inch Nails - We're in This Together
4. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Gila Monster
5. LMAFO - Party Rock

These songs will inevitably make it on to the speakers before game time and they will bring all the players from just sitting around in silence to dancing and yelling in just a few short minutes. Walking into the locker room an hour before the game, you would think someone died. However by the time the game rolls around, its a raucous party and everyone is ready to rip the heads off the opposing team. A sight to be seen for sure.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

[Image: l3bA9Qy.jpg]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

The Anchorage locker room has been great this season due to the music constantly being blasted.

1. New Choppa by Playboi Carti featuring A$AP Rocky
This was the first contribution to the playlist by Sim Wen and while it's unknown how many others actually like it, Sim keeps scoring whenever it gets played so it hasn't been removed yet.

2. Let It Go from the Frozen soundtrack
It's cold as hell up in Alaska so this was thrown in as a bit of a joke.

3. MELTDOWN by Travis Scott featuring Drake
GM @Gwdjohnson actually didn't come into the locker room for close to a week, and the only way we could coax him in was if something new with a Drake feature was added.

4. 679 by Fetty Wap featuring Monty
An all time good song that just couldn't not be here.

5. Temperature by Sean Paul
The song that gets played every time we win.

(157 words)

[Image: Jepox.gif]

1. That one Coldplay song

Everybody knows it and they are all just singing along with the tune. It is pretty fun way to get the juices flowing.

2. The heavy metal by Metallica

This is when some of the angrier guys and gals get up and seem to be rough amongst themselves on purpose.

3. Something EDM, like the Levels song by Avicci

Just fewer words than the other songs but a good beat drop or two to get the blood pumping as we get closer to puck drop.

4. Anything by Taylor Swift

Nothing brings a team together more than singing at the top of your lungs about some young prodigy’s first boyfriend breaking her heart. But don’t worry, there will be more boyfriends and heartbreaks.

5. The national anthem
We like to pregame the pregame in Kelowna. So we sing the national anthem of each country represented on our roster in a rotation before our games. It’s kind of stinky that we hear the canadian and american national anthems over and over but our friends from Europe or Asia don’t get to enjoy. So we include them.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig