Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

PBE Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 05:58 PM by Ricer13.)

[Image: IMG_9728.png?ex=65dd096d&is=65ca946d&hm=...82633baa5&]

Option 2
The best way to train hand eye coordination is to go to portal.simulationhockey.com and sign in. From there, scroll down and click the hamburger (I think that's what that thing is called) beside your "Attributes". If you have banked TPE, click "update" and if not, click "redistribute" (because, as per this recent announcement: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=135184, free redistribution of 80 TPE per season).

If you have Banked TPE, then scroll down to puck handling, which I think is the best representation of hand eye coordination you can train in this game. From there, click the up arrow until you're unable to click it further. Then, from there, just to be safe, click the up arrow beside "shooting accuracy" as much as possible. Then click "submit". Congratulations, you have now trained hand eye coordination.

If you have no banked TPE and must redistribute, click the down arrow beside a bunch of unimportant stats, like "defensive read", "positioning", "passing", etc. until you have 80 TPE banked. Then, scroll down to puck handling, which I think is the best representation of hand eye coordination you can train in this game. From there, click the up arrow until you're unable to click it further. Then, from there, just to be safe, click the up arrow beside "shooting accuracy" as much as possible. Then click "submit". Congratulations, you have now trained hand eye coordination.

Viktor Hargreeves hates talking. If every other prompt that I mentioned this in already haven't driven that point home, then I don't know what will. I'm sure I'll be repeating myself on that front for seasons to come, which is of course absolutely fine. Bobby Orr is definitely isn't who comes to mind when Viktor thinks about who he'd like pointers from, but since the old guy decided to go off on several tangents it really didn't matter. What he did manage to take away from the experience is that he should probably find a way to pass on wisdom once he too becomes an old hockey ghost, because he really doesn't want to let the future hauntees down. And though he didn't get the chance to ask, the one question Viktor would have asked Bobby Orr: How much did the fall to the ice hurt after that iconic play/photo? He may or may not be contemplating doing it himself.

Code:
161 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Prompt 2

As one of the leagues most punch happy players, Andren has only one recommendation for really improving your hand to eye coordination and that is the speed bag. He attributes his ability to win fights to his decade long practice of the art of boxing. Showing his teammates how to do it would be a pleasure. The main thing is that you need to focus, getting distracted means that you'll lose the rhythm and won't be able to get up to a decent speed. When you start hitting it, slow at first so that you can get locked into the motion. To get in the zone as it were before starting to speed up a little bit at a time. A small increase in power every few hits means that you'll soon be knocking that thing back at blazing speed. Once they've got that down, it's just practice and a bit of speed back training every gym session will do wonders for the hand eye coordination.

166 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

PBE PT - Bayley

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Option 2.
For a goalie, hand-eye coordination is important so we need to do some training to keep our reflexes sharp and be ready for everything. Your eyes need to see the puck but your hands need to stop it even when someone deflect it! So even your legs (pads) need to be ready and move like you want them to.
To train it, I use tennis ball against a wall with one in each hands. I go left and when the ball it the ball I thrown the other one so they alternate. That way I always have to keep my head and my hands moving. Juggling is also a good way for goalies to improve our hands-eye coordination.
I know that forward try to deflect pucks while being in the front of the net. Some players are really good at it and it help them during a game intercept pucks that are not on the ice by hitting them in the air.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Option 1 graphic
[Image: photostudio-1707788962739.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Option 2:

The other day, I had a teammate come to me looking for advice on improving hand-eye coordination. Now, as a defenceman, I'm not using my hand-eye in the same way as a forward, but it still comes in handy to disrupt break outs and cycles in the defensive zone. So, of course, I decided to share a couple of drills that could help them out.

One of the drills I like looks silly, but it works. I try to play ping pong with my hockey stick. I'll lift up one half of the table and use my stick to hit the ping pong ball back and forth. Slowly, I'll move further away from the table and ramp up the power and speed.

The other drill I like is on the ice. I ask a couple of coaches to run 2 on 1 drills and try to saucer pass across the ice. I need to knock the puck down and gain control and then try to knock the puck down the ice into the corner. I alternate each one and try to teach my eyes to focus on the puck.

(189 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Option 1:

Having woken up from a strange dream about Bobby Orr, it seemed like the dream was less of a dream, and more of a sign that there is still something Ryosuke Sato is looking for this deep into his career. Bobby Orr was one of the best defensemen ever and his offensive prowess was second to none as the rover. And so, inspired by this meeting, Sato begins working more on his offensive read and getting open to hopefully work more on the offensive side of the game. But honestly, with Sato's age, he has to be working on something more in particular as in either his offense or his skating. So he goes back into his dream to ask Mr. Orr one thing, "what should I be working on between offense and skating?". Of course Orr, known for his superb skating, recommended him to work on that next and so Sato strives to improve that portion of this game once again.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Option 2:

Graphic Task: Draw your player playing a videogame and losing.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 6bdkPCS.png]