Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by KCCOzoliņš@Feb 26 2014, 12:15 PM

It was posted today on Rotoworld.
I've never heard of Rotoworld lol, I heard that he requested a trade before the Olympics but i'm sure he's happy with his situation again in Tampa, i'd be shocked if St. Louis gets traded.

EDIT: Just looked at it, it points out Arthur Staple as the source and Staple points out that the request was about a month ago, so the request was quite some time ago.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KCCOzoliņš@Feb 26 2014, 12:10 PM

I heard that Malcolm Subban could be in play for him.

Also: Martin St. Louis has reportedly asked the Tampa Bay Lightning to trade him.
Idk how is feel about that

Boomer Esiason hinted at a Callahan-St. Louis swap lol

Oilers trade a vet+ for a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Feb 26 2014, 12:17 PM

I've never heard of Rotoworld lol, I heard that he requested a trade before the Olympics but i'm sure he's happy with his situation again in Tampa, i'd be shocked if St. Louis gets traded.

EDIT: Just looked at it, it points out Arthur Staple as the source and Staple points out that the request was about a month ago, so the request was quite some time ago.
Yeah he requested a trade a month ago they met today to discuss his future with the team

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

I can say if he is still looking to be moved I'm selling my Marty Jersey. Extremely selfish move by a player who I never would expect that from.

I'd like to see San Jose chase Callahan or Girardi.

Also think Miller won't go to St. Louis, see them sticking with Jaro

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 01:46 PM
I can say if he is still looking to be moved I'm selling my Marty Jersey.  Extremely selfish move by a player who I never would expect that from.

Selfish??? Seriously? The guy gave it all for Tampa throughout the years and he his still not good enough to crack Team Canada, for his last chance, by his own GM? I hope he gets out. It was selfish move by Yzerman and co in the first place. Regardless or not of the gold, he was still used very lightly in a team struggling to score.

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 26 2014, 02:04 PM

Selfish??? Seriously? The guy gave it all for Tampa throughout the years and he his still not good enough to crack Team Canada, for his last chance, by his own GM? I hope he gets out. It was selfish move by Yzerman and co in the first place. Regardless or not of the gold, he was still used very lightly in a team struggling to score.
Yes because the Olympics matters to the NHL... Selfish move by Marty plain and simple. Yzerman wasn't the sole person picking the roster and a decision on a stupid international talent show shouldn't justify leaving his entire team. Marty is being selfish turning his back on his entire team, his young coach over a decision that shouldn't factor into anything NHL related.

I don't blame Marty for being upset with the snub, but if he really demanded a trade over it, I lose a little respect for him.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs = Slumpbusters@Feb 26 2014, 02:10 PM
I don't blame Marty for being upset with the snub, but if he really demanded a trade over it, I lose a little respect for him.
I completely agree. I was incredibly surprised by him being snubbed and he absolutely should have been on the roster. Especially over someone like Kunitz. But there's no excuse for what he's apparently doing if this is true. I still love Marty as a player but I have a hard time supporting him in a case like this, I have no sympathy for him, he still ended up on the roster, he still got his gold medal, if he's still pressing a trade at age 38, on a young team that just literally named him Captain this season over one of the top 5 players in the world, and you're going to turn your back on that ? That's selfish

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 02:09 PM

Yes because the Olympics matters to the NHL... Selfish move by Marty plain and simple. Yzerman wasn't the sole person picking the roster and a decision on a stupid international talent show shouldn't justify leaving his entire team. Marty is being selfish turning his back on his entire team, his young coach over a decision that shouldn't factor into anything NHL related.

You are still mad that you lost? Stupid International talent show...

How is it selfish when your own boss tells you:

Yzerman: hey... mmm, I know you are good and it's your last chance to represent your country but you aren't good enough to crack our lineup.

St-Louis: But you have Kunitz?

Yzerman: ahhh yeah.. well he plays with Crosby and all. You know how it is Marty boy.

St-Louis: I can't even be a reserve?

Yzerman: Ahhh not a chance either, sorry.

I mean seriously, anyone at any jobs being said this would more than likely say: I'm done. It's time to move.

And considering what he just tweeted, expect to lose respect for him.

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 26 2014, 02:53 PM

You are still mad that you lost? Stupid International talent show...

How is it selfish when your own boss tells you:

Yzerman: hey... mmm, I know you are good and it's your last chance to represent your country but you aren't good enough to crack our lineup.

St-Louis: But you have Kunitz?

Yzerman: ahhh yeah.. well he plays with Crosby and all. You know how it is Marty boy.

St-Louis: I can't even be a reserve?

Yzerman: Ahhh not a chance either, sorry.

I mean seriously, anyone at any jobs being said this would more than likely say: I'm done. It's time to move.

And considering what he just tweeted, expect to lose respect for him.
Not mad at all, I said from the beginning I didn't care.
Yzerman wasn't the only one deciding the roster... You realize this right? Apparently Babcock is the one who didn't want him not Yzerman. Marty is acting like a baby and turning his back on his entire team.

And what did he tweet? I don't use Twitter

I know he wasn't alone, he was still the General Manager. So regardless what the internal stupid Team Canada politics are, he still have a last word. Maybe that why he quit the post? Who knows?

But you don't turn away from one of the most prolific wingers in the NHL on his last chance. If he was 24, I wouldn't care.
After everything he's one in the NHL, it was his last chance to at least be invited to his country hockey team. They/he said no thank you. I would be utterly pissed off and would not want to play for him anymore.

Before the medias blazed the story to death, he wasn't even part of the Stamkos replacement plan.

I bet none of the OP happens.