Create Account

SMJHL PT #4 - Relocation

Claims updated. I love how many people are doing the grafx, it's great to see.

Vancouver News - your daily newspaper

San Francisco gets a SMJHL Team!

The map of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League has to be rewritten for the upcoming season.

As long has been known, the Vancouver Whales stuck in financial and political difficulties. The stadium is no longer up to date and would have needed urgent renovation. The looker rooms, sanitary facilities, the boards and the corridors are far away from fitting the league standard. As in this season, they could play again next season with a special permit only. The SMJHL is going to give them this special permit again.

But the city of Vancouver could not or would not grant further subsidies to renovate the stadium and the infrastructure. The owner of the Whalers is tired of being put off year after year and watch how the others always get everything. Therefore, only the move to another city (what he did not want to) or the sale of the team remained. After long and arduous negotiations with various interested parties, they were able to find a buyer who met the criteria and was able to put forward the best concept. Thus, the Vancouver Whalers was sold to a group of investors from America and sealed the fate of the club.

The club will move to San Francisco next season and will play as the San Francisco Rocks. There the Rocks will play in the new "Sport Dome". This should be completed in a few months and will be the perfect stage for a successful new start.

According to statements by the new owners, all former employees of the Vancouver Whalers are also transferred. If they do not want - because the new workplace is not just around the corner - they will try to place them in other teams.

For the players themselves, not much will change. It is a foretaste of daily life in professional sports, where team changes are a part of the normal agenda.

When the news reached us, we just had a bit of luck. Maximilian Wächter newest players in the Whalers roster, was in the Office for his first interview. Of course we confronted him with the news.

An excerpt from the interview:
Quote:
Interview [b]Maximilian, have you heard about your upcoming move of the team?

Maximilian: Yeah, there were rumors in the locker room. Some of the older guys have talked about it and told me that a move might be possible.

Interview  Have you heard where to go?
Maximilian: Oh, there were a lot of places in the game. Quebec, St. John, London, San Francisco and some places in Europe too.(Whoever came up with the idea of Europe)

Interview During our interview, we received the message about the sale. The team was sold to San Francisco.
Maximilian: Sad news for the fans

Interview  Next season you will be playing for the San Francisco Rocks. What are your first thoughts?
Maximilian: I am a hard as a rock, but only a small one  :lol: . As a young player, you should not make too many thoughts about that. I'm glad I got a chance here in Vancouver. I'll give everything so that we have a successful season. And next season I will give everything for the Rocks, as long as they want me.

The rest of the interview follows in a special edition.[/b]
<div align="center">
Finally we would like to show you the new logo of the San Francisco Rocks.

[Image: sanfranciscorocks_300a2paz.png]</div>

571 words

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

Relocation! Ah, such a fun time, leaving the old, worn out city of past lore for the new, shiny, modernized city of pleasure and money,money, money! Relocating is always a fun topic to consider, especially when the team should truthfully probably relocate. Nothing grinds my gears quite like a shitty city and a shitty team name. I mean, is it really that hard to come up with a plausible name? Or the teams that end up with complete knock-offs (not referring to the Jets, that happened before the Thrashers made the move, and besides, its actually a good city and name for hockey) like the absolutely awful and worst brand of all time, the Montreal Impact. What the fuck? Is this soccer? On top of being a knockoff, it's from another sport, and a sport that is known for being of full pussy ass bitches. Christiano Ronaldo? Playing hockey? HAHAHAHHAHA.

My current team is the Prince George Firebirds, who have already seen a relocation (Regina Force- another horrible brand) and then relocated back to Prince George, which is where they belong and will never leave again. So many good players have come from there, like Brian Morley and Daniel Merica, just to name a couple. So this relocation is 100% hypothetical and will never happen, but in an alternate reality...

The obvious choice for relocation would be to move the team to America, the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave, and name them the Merican Border Patrol, with a home arena in Houston, Texas. This name would appeal to the masses in America while infuriating the minorities and liberal media, it would be a hoot, and with the recent angst over immigration, which has gotten out of absolute control, the Merican Border Patrol would be quite appropriate. The marketing and media elements would have so many options, absolutely endless. Oh, and in this alternate reality where America is full of bitch ass soft spineless offended by everything pansises, Donald Trump would be the owner, GM and coach and everything would be right in the world.

"Come on out and support your Merican Border Patrol! But please don't jump the gate to get in!"

"Come watch the Border Patrol deny the opponent from crossing the river to victory!"

"Crushing hopes and dreams, preserving our home ice!"

[Image: A03408-large1.jpg]

If anyone is offended by thi-- wait, nevermind, I don't give a fuck.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

St. Louis, Missouri -

Sometimes in life, things get old and you just have to let go to move on with your life. Not unlike your ex-girlfriend, the St. Louis Scarecrows of the SMJHL are in the process of moving, but it is a huge mystery as to where.

The city of St. Louis has refused to renew the lease with the Scarecrows, forcing them between not having an arena to play in or just simply moving to another city. So, the owner of the Scarecrows has simply decided to move the team instead of wasting time trying to stay in St. Louis, where they are clearly not wanted.

Luckily, a couple of sources from within the team tell us that their ultimate goal is to move to Philadelphia. Members from within the team believe that moving to the hockey hotbed that is Philadelphia could be extremely helpful for morale to the team, as well as super charging the new fans for the playoffs.

The new team, which would go as they Philadelphia Blades would play in the Wells Fargo arena, the same home as the Flyers from the NHL. It has yet to be seen if the Scarecrows have any actual plans of moving, or if this is all talk in order to get the city of renew the lease with the 'Crows.

We managed to catch up with the Captain of the Scarecrows Chris Crutchfield to see his opinions on what is going on.

Interview "What are your thoughts on the Scarecrows possibly moving?

"To be honest, it drags me down - the fans in St. Louis are so good to us and it sucks to even think about. I don't like the idea of moving but the city has forced us into this situation."

Interview "Have you heard any locations about where you might end up?"

"I've heard it all from the media and people who claim they know what's going on. Oh, we're going to end in Miami, we're going to be in Newark, we're going to Iowa. I've heard it all [laugh]. The most I've heard though from many people is moving to Philadelphia. I'm just hoping this situation plays itself out sooner rather than later."

Interview "Do you think that the rough season for the Scarecrows this year might be a factor why the team may be moving?"

"Well, to be honest I don't think that at all. We've had rough years before in St. Louis and never moved because of that, and I still think we have a very good shot at making a good run in the playoffs, we will have to see how that goes but I'm still very confident in our abilities as a team."

452 words.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Relocation is generally the last resort of a financially struggling team. It appears ticket sales are not at the level they should be in the St. Louis area making the Scarecrows strongly consider that option. When a team is losing money like they are, something has to change. It is a shame to see a franchise forced out by finances but at this point, it seems like the only viable option. There are a few options of new location out there.
Seattle is one possible location that comes to mind. Already home to the Seattle Riot of the SHL, Seattle seems willing and able to support a second hockey franchise, even if it is just a minor league team. Possible team names: Seattle Surge, Washington Wombats.
Chicago is another possibility for relocation. One of the biggest and best known cities in the United States doesn't have a hockey franchise yet? Well, that could be changing. Known as the Windy City, Chicago is home to some of the nation's most loyal fans. The Chicago Cubs have not won a championship in over 100 years but their fan base is as strong as where. This bodes well as a sign they will support a new hockey team, even when times are rough. Possible team names: Chicago Crushers, Chicago Mob.
All of this may be a mute point if the St. Louis Scarecrows turn it around and boost attendance numbers. The recent trade the Scarecrows made might be the shot in the arm they needed. They definitely traded away the future for the present when they swapped their S27 1st, S28 2nd, and S28 3rd picks to Prince George for Scott Reay and Alexander Charlyb'y. Most experts are saying that Prince George got the better end of the deal while some are saying St. Louis may have benefitted more by getting a known commodity rather than taking a chance on a draft pick. Only time will tell who is right and it may ultimately decide whether relocation is necessary. Players have expressed interest in playing wherever they are wanted, whether that be St. Louis, Seattle, Chicago, or elsewhere. We contacted team management for comment but they are being especially tight lipped on the subject, understandably so.

So I ask you, readers, do you think relocation is the solution to the St. Louis Scarecrows' issues? Do you think their issues are as simple as moving or is there a deeper, underlying cause? If relocation is the answer, where would you like to see them go and what suggestions do you have for a new team name?

(432 words)

The St. Louis Scarecrows are moving to one of the northern most states in America. That city, perhaps not known as a hockey city, is Milwaukee. The city of Milwaukee is home to several professional sports teams to entertain the state of Wisconsin.

Arguably the most well known sports team in the city of Milwaukee is the Brewers of the MLB. The Brewers have not seen much success recently, yet their fan base continues to support the team every year.

The Milwaukee Bucks of the NBA are an up and coming young team. With a new brand and logo for this season, fans are excited about the future.

The other team is Milwaukee are the Milwaukee Admirals who play in the minor league of the NHL, the AHL. The team has seen some good success and a good following since moving to Milwaukee.

However, it is time for the team out of the SMJHL to really make a name for themselves in the city of Milwaukee.

The team name that would come from a move to Milwaukee is....the MARINES.

The Milwaukee Marines represent everything great about sports and the military men and women in America. The Marines would make it a focal point for every home game to honor at least one current or former member of the United States military.

From an attendance standpoint, the Marines will have no problem drawing in a good number of fans for every home game. The fans of professional sports teams in Milwaukee have shown that even when the team they support struggles, they are able to keep a large fan base and draw a crowd for every home game. When fans see that they are getting a hockey team that plays in a league as competitive and respected as the SMJHL.

The logo for the Milwaukee Marines will be one that represents the country and America's proud military history. Like the New England Patriots of the NFL, the colors will be red, white and blue to represent the colors of the United States. The logo itself will be a star, surrounded by a circle to make it look like a military badge. The star will take on the look of the star that a general in the United States military would wear.

Unlike the Admirals and Bucks, who share a stadium at the Bradley Center, the Marines will be getting their own stadium to play their games. This way, the Marines will not have to compete with any other teams to get ice time. The stadium, which will be named Veteran's Stadium in honor of the military veterans, will be located just on the outskirts of Milwaukee.

Lastly, a big reason for the move from St. Louis to Milwaukee is that it will create more competitive rivalries that will also make the distance between cities more accessible. Being in St. Louis, the team was not close enough to other SMJHL teams. In Milwaukee, it will be quite the contrary. For one, Milwaukee is much closer to Canada, where several SMJHL teams are located. The move can also make for more competitive games with a team like the Detroit Falcons, who are located just to the east of Milwaukee.

537 words

Montreal Impact are now known as Gabon HC

Logo

[Image: SdXlwcs.jpg]

Away

[Image: pYr7Cfb.jpg]

Home

[Image: RSwcKre.jpg]

These are always supposed to close Sunday nights, but it seems I mislabeled this one to be tonight. Reopening it to follow what I wrote even though it was a mistake.

The Vancouver Whalers, perhaps one of the proudest SMJHL teams in recent memory, have decided to relocate following a destructive "Riot type event" that took place within the city following last season's loss to the Colorado Mammoths in the Playoffs. Although the city did not want the team to leave, Whalers management decided it would be best to move out of the city itself for a few seasons while the city, quote, "got its shit together". Unfortunately, the city of Vancouver had a part stake in the Whalers name, and hence the team was forced to change it's moniker. Their name will now become.....

THE BURNABY BELUGA

[Image: Binghamton_Whalers.png]

As you can see here, the entire dynamic of the logo has been changed. The green in the logo has been changed from an emerald green to more of a shamrock green color, and the blue has become more of a "midnight blue" as well. The style shift of the logo has changed drastically as well, a team of 10 working around the clock took 3 months to decide to flip the logo to the side, a risky move that must've taken guts but really worked out in the end.

Although the City isnt exactly next to the wide open ocean, which would open a question to why a team called the Beluga would want to move there, the fact that the city is named after famed freemason Robert Burnaby might've been a factor, as the team is said to have been in contact with multiple secret groups and that was how they had gotten their success in the first place. Whatever the reason, the city of Burnaby is the 3rd largest in the Vancouver area, and despite the epically long move the team has had to make, it seems that all is poised to end well in the end. Burnaby police say that there is little to no chance of Riots in this part of British Columbia, because the people aren't, and I quote, "Idiot shitheads like the kids at the UBC". Burnaby is glad to finally host a sports team who has an actual draw on fans, because besides Simon Frasier University which is located in the area, they tend to lose all their chances at sports teams because they're hogged by Vancouver. However, despite being known as "dreadfully boring", Burnaby has its fair claim to fame, calling itself the home of stellar athletes such as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Mike santorelli, and Joe Sakic. Unfortunately, they also have to live with the fact that they're the spawning ground of both Michael J Fox and Michael Buble. Because of this, The city is tainted beyond all repair and its essential that the Beluga move back to Vancouver as soon as possible.

In conclusion, every fan of the Whalers agrees that while they wished the team hadnt had to make the temporary move to Vancouver, at least they didn't end up putting it in the shithole that is Surrey, BC. Seriously, fuck that place.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Nov 30 2015, 08:21 PM
The Vancouver Whalers, perhaps one of the proudest SMJHL teams in recent memory, have decided to relocate following a destructive "Riot type event" that took place within the city following last season's loss to the Colorado Mammoths in the Playoffs. Although the city did not want the team to leave, Whalers management decided it would be best to move out of the city itself for a few seasons while the city, quote, "got its shit together". Unfortunately, the city of Vancouver had a part stake in the Whalers name, and hence the team was forced to change it's moniker. Their name will now become.....

THE BURNABY BELUGA

[Image: Binghamton_Whalers.png]

As you can see here, the entire dynamic of the logo has been changed. The green in the logo has been changed from an emerald green to more of a shamrock green color, and the blue has become more of a "midnight blue" as well. The style shift of the logo has changed drastically as well, a team of 10 working around the clock took 3 months to decide to flip the logo to the side, a risky move that must've taken guts but really worked out in the end.

Although the City isnt exactly next to the wide open ocean, which would open a question to why a team called the Beluga would want to move there, the fact that the city is named after famed freemason Robert Burnaby might've been a factor, as the team is said to have been in contact with multiple secret groups and that was how they had gotten their success in the first place. Whatever the reason, the city of Burnaby is the 3rd largest in the Vancouver area, and despite the epically long move the team has had to make, it seems that all is poised to end well in the end.&nbsp; Burnaby police say that there is little to no chance of Riots in this part of British Columbia, because the people aren't, and I quote, "Idiot shitheads like the kids at the UBC". Burnaby is glad to finally host a sports team who has an actual draw on fans, because besides Simon Frasier University which is located in the area, they tend to lose all their chances at sports teams because they're hogged by Vancouver. However, despite being known as "dreadfully boring", Burnaby has its fair claim to fame, calling itself the home of stellar athletes such as Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Mike santorelli, and Joe Sakic. Unfortunately, they also have to live with the fact that they're the spawning ground of both Michael J Fox and Michael Buble. Because of this, The city is tainted beyond all repair and its essential that the Beluga move back to Vancouver as soon as possible.

In conclusion, every fan of the Whalers agrees that while they wished the team hadnt had to make the temporary move to Vancouver, at least they didn't end up putting it in the shithole that is Surrey, BC. Seriously, fuck that place.
=D> on that last bit

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]