Create Account

S30 PT #1 - Introduce Yourself!

<div align="center">Solaire Azarov
[Image: solaire-of-astora-large.jpg]
Preferred player render: Ivan Telegin</div>

Birthplace: Kalingrad, Russia
Position: Right Wing, specifically a playmaker to spread Jolly Cooperation onto the ice.
How old you were when you started playing hockey: Just now, I have decided to bring Jolly Cooperation onto the ice.
Locker-Room Nickname: Sunny, I've always had an unhealthy obsession with the Sun. Going to great lengths to Praise the sun.
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: Jolly Cooperation, there's nothing more gratifying then helping a bro through hard times, or a challenge.
Favorite Work-Out Song: Walking on Sunshine, it really gets the muscles flowing with all the mentions of sunshine. It reminds me somewhat of the iridescent sun.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Moonpies, it grieves me so that my favorite snack does not share the resplendent name of my favorite astral body.

After trying to fill this out I realize now that I haven't thought this character through enough, and that this entire idea was pretty stupid.

<div align="center">GRETA IVERSEN
[Image: schleper_20_medium.jpg]
Preferred Render: Anne Schleper</div>

Birthplace: Oslo, Norway
Position: Defense
How old you were when you started playing hockey: 5
Locker-Room Nickname: Ivy, Gretts
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: Creating playlists for people! I love playing DJ in the locker room.
Favorite Work-Out Song: A non-traditional option, but "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell always puts me in a good mood for a workout.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Mint chocolate chip ice cream. I could eat an entire tub by myself.

<div align="center">Jeff Kirkstone
[Image: JJsA4V5.jpg]
Preferred Render: Evan Fitzpatrick</div>

Birthplace: I was born in Canada's smallest province: Prince Edward Island. I'm a typical small town kid, and I love potatoes.
Position: Goaltender. I always wanted to be a goalie, and when I was 7 my Uncle told me he had saved up and bought me my first set of goalie gear. Since then I've thrived as my team's last line of defense and have always put in the work to be the absolute best at every level.
How old you were when you started playing hockey: My uncle gave me my first stick on my 2nd birthday, and I don't think I ever put the thing down. I was close with my uncle; he got me into hockey, he took me to practice and bought me my gear. He recently past away, but I know he was my biggest fan and he's still watching me from the best seats possible.
Locker-Room Nickname: "Stoner" was always a popular nickname. Of course I never got to choose, but over the years the name has stuck. It has definitely grown on me, and last year I rarely heard anyone use my actual name.
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: Video games. I probably play video games too much, but essentially I'm on the ice, in the gym, or on the couch playing PS4. I also collect vinyl records, been doing that for the last couple of years after my uncle past on a small part of his collection to me.
Favorite Work-Out Song: Ante Up - MOP if I had to pick one song to get me super pumped. I generally listen to rap and hip-hop when I'm working out, the beats really get in my head and get my energy up. Other than that you can't go wrong with some classic rock and roll to get the blood pumping either.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Me and my girlfriend always do this thing where we take store bought cookie dough, bake it in the oven until it's nice and gooey but definitely not done baking, and then dump that over ice cream. We call it "hot dough", and it has basically ruined any diet I ever tried to put myself on. I'm usually pretty strict but every now and then I just can't resist.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

<div align="center">ADRIANA STAROSTA
[Image: josephine.jpg?w=625]
Preferred Render: Josephine Pucci </div>

Birthplace: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Position: Defender
How old you were when you started playing hockey: Six. I was four when I started to learn to skate, but I started actually playing two years later.
Locker-Room Nickname: The "Stars" nickname took off a couple years ago, and since then, I've probably had star stickers on my stick or helmet for every game!
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: Tennis! I played almost every day until I was about twelve, when I quit to focus on hockey, but I definitely still love playing in the offseason or whenever I can get a group of friends to grab their rackets and play.
Favorite Work-Out Song: Lots of rap -- Nicki Minaj and Kanye probably are the two I listen to the most -- but some pre-game staples for me veer more toward rock. "Back in Black" is a must before every game.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Chocolate chip cookies, especially right out of the oven. They basically serve to make me forget any form of meal plan I should be following!

<div align="center">Ekaterina Rudnikova
[Image: bf006b249fba55e55087cc220b6fc880.jpg]
Preferred Render: Maria Sorokina</div>

Birthplace: Ufa, Russia.
Position: Goalie. It is lots of pressure, yes, knowing that I am last line of defense during games, but there is a certain pride I take in how my teammates trust me.
How old you were when you started playing hockey: I began to skate at 2, but it was mostly figure skating. We were lucky enough to have a women’s league team in my city, and my mother took me to my first game when I was 10. I instantly fell in love with the sport, and specifically the goaltending position, and started playing almost the same week.
Locker-Room Nickname: My teammates back home use кошка, but for most people who don’t know Russian, Katya or Kat is easier.
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: I like to bake. It is mostly simple recipes right now, but my mother is teaching me everything she knows. Hopefully it will come in handy after I leave home.
Favorite Work-Out Song: My workout playlists are very varied, but right now my favorites are “Really Really” and “Bonbon”. I even listen to audio books sometimes, during long conditioning sessions.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Pirozhki - they are very close to hand pies, yes? Some are filled with meat, but I could eat my weight in the ones with fruit!

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]          [Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: WEd1wid.png]

<div align="center">Michael Burrows
[Image: alex-burrows.jpg]
Preferred Render:Alexander Burrows</div>

Birthplace: Chicago. USA
Position: Winger
How old you were when you started playing hockey: My first hockey practice was at the age of 15. Yes, I was 15 when I first played hockey. I had skated before but my mom never allowed me to play hockey because she had seen it on TV and she was too scared to let me play it. Then she went on vacation with my father and while they were away I went to the hockey practice.
Locker-Room Nickname: Fish. My father's last name is Burrows and my mother liked the name Michael so they named me Michael. Michael Burros happened to be Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows put together [Two main characters in series Prison Break]. Of course Prison Break came out after I was born so it was just a coincedence. Michael Scofield's nickname in the series was "fish" so the boys started to call me that.
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: Football [Soccer]. It isn't as agressive as hockey so my mom made me play it when I was younger and I kind of liked it.
Favorite Work-Out Song: Eminem - Till I Collapse. Eminem just inspires me I could listen to him all the time and I would not get tired of his music.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Snickers because I'm not myself when I'm hungry.

<div align="center">IEUAN LLEWELLYN
[Image: Ottawa+Senators+v+Pittsburgh+Penguins+Ga...96x0Tl.jpg]
Preferred Render: Chris Kunitz</div>

Birthplace: Cwm, Wales.
Position: Winger.
How old you were when you started playing hockey: Seven when I started field hockey. I enjoyed it and played for a few years but felt it wasn't nearly aggressive enough - they hate when you try to get physical. I was fifteen when I first played ice hockey but couldn't commit full-time to it for years.
Locker-Room Nickname: Louie. Most people struggle with pronouncing either of my names so they tend to just shorten my last name to make things easier.
Favorite Non-Hockey Hobby: As a Welshman, rugby was and always be my true love but, unfortunately, I just wasn't big enough or quick enough to make it further than amateur levels. That and I kept getting sent off.
Favorite Work-Out Song: 'Motorcycle Emptiness' by Manic Street Preachers. Gotta support the boyos.
Guilty Pleasure Food: Bara lawr - once you've had it, you'll never be the same again. I like to share it with teammates but, for some reason, they stop liking it once they find out it's made of seaweed...