Create Account

Pay the GM's

Even if GMing is "fun", it should still be paid.

Recording podcasts is fun and it gets paid. It's such a ridiculous reason.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Hit me up with 3 seasons of gm pay pls

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jan 26 2018, 04:40 PM
It's honestly not necessary. We've had this discussion before. Many times. GM'ing is fun and honestly I don't care about being paid for it. I'd do it just to be able to do it. I enjoy writing the odd article too.
I'll take your salary then plz

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Jan 26 2018, 01:17 PM

It's always this reason or the fact that people want the job that people reference for why it isn't paid. People want the mentor job, should we take away their pay?

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

We're not asking for updater pay. We're asking to be in the same tier as Mentors. We do a lot of the same things Mentors do, but we also manage budgets, line work, scouting, drafting (which is hectic as all fuck sometimes), and a lot more.

Personally, I think a lot of us would like to lighten our workload just a little. Some may say, "than stop being a GM!" But I like being a GM, but I would also like to do media and graphics at a leisurely pace along with my GM duties and not feel like I'm going to be broke eventually.

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Jan 26 2018, 04:17 PM

No it shouldn't.

Paying every job on here is excessive. People crying about HO not being paid, now GMs. Get a grip.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Jan 26 2018, 04:24 PM

I'll take your salary then plz
I'll trade it for cap

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jan 26 2018, 04:32 PM
No it shouldn't.

Paying every job on here is excessive. People crying about HO not being paid, now GMs. Get a grip.
Why? Why is it excessive?

You do work for the league, you should be paid in fake SHL dollars. It's simple. The reasoning behind not paying the GMs or hell even HO has no logic behind it.

Why is it such a problem that people should be able to pay for their training and equipment easily? I seriously don't get it. It's pretty much creating a problem where there is none.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jan 26 2018, 04:32 PM

No it shouldn't.

Imagine that. People who put in effort for something want to be treated like other people putting in effort.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Jan 26 2018, 04:39 PM

Why? Why is it excessive?

You do work for the league, you should be paid in fake SHL dollars. It's simple. The reasoning behind not paying the GMs or hell even HO has no logic behind it.

Why is it such a problem that people should be able to pay for their training and equipment easily? I seriously don't get it. It's pretty much creating a problem where there is none.
There's nothing wrong with how it is right now.

Why do we need to go around paying GMs? We pay updaters and the simmer because no one wants to do that stuff. How much are you gonna pay a GM? 1 mill? 2? That doesn't even do you anything. Just go write an article about your team, or whatever. You're a GM, you're assumed to be fairly involved in the league.

Someone said "should we take pay away from mentors too?" I'm not gonna speak for them, but when I was a mentor when I first started, I enjoyed helping people very much. Again, I would've done it regardless of the pay.

Whatever. You guys wanna give GM's money, go for it. I'll collect, I just don't see why it deserves being given money. For anyone that says there's a lack of evidence for being against it, I'd say there's a lack of evidence for the support of it other than "people want it".

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

I think the argument you're making is that this is a "prestige" position and we should feel honored to hold this position. That Being a GM is payment enough. As far as I know all GMs put in a lot of work to make this league go. The league should feel lucky to have people that put in the effort to actually make things run smoothly.

After the disrespect of GMs I've seen just today, looks like we're taken for granted just as much as Head Office.

Not like we have to print new fucking bills to pay the GMs. Money in the SHL is such a fluid thing. Make the shit happen. Long overdue.

**whispers

HO should be paid, too

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I never thought my duties as a GM warranted a salary, it's easily something I'd do for free and it's not like it was a lot of work. That being said I'm perpetually poor and would always accept more money.

Also a good point that was brought up in the past: perhaps we could allow salaries for SHL GMs but omit SMJHL GMs, due to the possibility of more seasoned members taking most SMJHL GM jobs over younger members. Of course you'll have those people anyway (like myself) but many older user become senile and negative all the time and I'd think that'd be a terrible environment to have in the SMJHL.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaver@Jan 26 2018, 03:59 PM
**whispers

HO should be paid, too

Naturally.

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Jan 26 2018, 04:00 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I never thought my duties as a GM warranted a salary, it's easily something I'd do for free and it's not like it was a lot of work. That being said I'm perpetually poor and would always accept more money.

Also a good point that was brought up in the past: perhaps we could allow salaries for SHL GMs but omit SMJHL GMs, due to the possibility of more seasoned members taking most SMJHL GM jobs over younger members. Of course you'll have those people anyway (like myself) but many older user become senile and negative all the time and I'd think that'd be a terrible environment to have in the SMJHL.

Why pay one and not the other? Both put in copious amounts of work. And from what I've seen SMJHL jobs are far more often headed by newer members.

Seems like a slap in the face to the SMJHL GMs.