Create Account

kit suspension

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Jun 5 2018, 07:42 PM

Can't be sent down after the trade deadline

why you want to fuck Vancouver? you really want that many of members want to eat you?

dammit why I can smell tiny balls Hmm

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 5 2018, 06:44 PM

Trade deadline is the fuzz.

Okay that's quite stupid indeed and something that should be corrected by the league.

Still, I think people are a bit too dramatic here, one 300 TPE semi-active doesn't make or break an SMJHL teams season.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Jun 5 2018, 07:49 PM

Okay that's quite stupid indeed and something that should be corrected by the league.

Still, I think people are a bit too dramatic here, one 300 TPE semi-active doesn't make or break an SMJHL teams season.

Chewy his player and the backup Ninja

I believe both from Whalers

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

Quote:Originally posted by Chris-McZehrl@Jun 5 2018, 06:51 PM

Chewy his player and the backup Ninja

I believe both from Whalers

Well the back-up doesn't really have anything to do with this, does he?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Jun 5 2018, 12:49 PM

Benis was Vancouver’s 1C, 3rd on the team in scoring, 1st in hits and most faceoffs taken with like a 57% win rate

It’s a pretty big blow, especially after they traded one of their centers (Cody Johansen) not too long ago

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Jun 5 2018, 07:54 PM

Well the back-up doesn't really have anything to do with this, does he?

idk how many games an Whalers backup must play! but an 200+ TPE backup should be better than an <175 ... right?

Challenge Cup Wins:

Four Star Cup Wins:

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@Jun 5 2018, 01:41 PM
some good points being thrown around.

probably should be a posting related suspension first. possibly game suspension on top.

i just want to say it's fine to make jokes. i make terrible ones all the time. but it's all about context. i can say <a href='index.php?showuser=1675' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>enigmatic</a> has big titles here on SHL, but if I tried to do the same joke at work I'm gone.

kit was just having fun, i get it. but let's just keep these kind of jokes to the proper audience. people go to stand up shows with an expectation of offensive jokes, but if somebody is affected by a mental illness we shouldn't make them feel alienated. we can debate forever about sensitivity or proper ethics, but in the end let's just try to be good in general. again i think kit was fine, but i think rules are good to help us be a more open community. a community full of passionate people with different opinions.
I was wondering why the fuck you were tagging me in this thread.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn+Jun 5 2018, 06:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (WannabeFinn @ Jun 5 2018, 06:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Benis was Vancouver’s 1C, 3rd on the team in scoring, 1st in hits and most faceoffs taken with like a 57% win rate

It’s a pretty big blow, especially after they traded one of their centers (Cody Johansen) not too long ago[/b]

Well then weren't there any less important players for their teams that you could've called up?

<!--QuoteBegin-Chris-McZehrl@Jun 5 2018, 06:57 PM

idk how many games an Whalers backup must play! but an 200+ TPE backup should be better than an <175 ... right?
[/quote]

None of this has anything to do with kits suspension though. You knew beforehand that you'd have to play your back-up eventually and what the rules for this are, this suspension didnt change anything about that.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Jun 5 2018, 12:58 PM

I was wondering why the fuck you were tagging me in this thread.

What can I say.

Your titles first popped in my head.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@Jun 5 2018, 02:02 PM
What can I say.

I don't blame you, they are pretty impressive.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Jun 5 2018, 01:02 PM

Well then weren't there any less important players for their teams that you could've called up?
Buffalo doesn’t employ unimportant players. Big ballers only in upstate New York.

But really, we have 4 forward prospects. Lagerfield and Savage are over or near the cap and have more seasons of junior eligibility remaining. I’m not risking the chance of them applying more than 350 TPE and not being able to send them down next season. Steve McGirthensons only has a contract with us because I planned on using him as a roster filler but PGF asked for him to be sent down and he’s only marginally better than a 155 TPE roster filler anyways. So, there’s Chewy. He’s far enough from the 350 cap to where I’m not so worried AND he’s out of waiver-free SMJHL eligibility. That’s why he was my choice.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jun 5 2018, 07:23 PM
After consulting Kit's appeal and speaking with Leafs, we're going to change the penalty to a 4-day forum suspension.

While we would have rather gone the route of a 5-day suspension and a fine, because his player missed a few games due to the timing of the suspension, we're adjusting the penalty accordingly.

We're also going to be taking a look at the idea of starting player suspensions after a delay to allow for appeals, a point which was brought up both in this thread and in kit's appeal.
Maybe in cases like this bring in training suspensions for a week or two moving forward? It doesn't destroy the team like game suspensions but it's still a more impactful penalty for the user than a forum ban, lol.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 5 2018, 07:11 PM

Buffalo doesn’t employ unimportant players. Big ballers only in upstate New York.

But really, we have 4 forward prospects. Lagerfield and Savage are over or near the cap and have more seasons of junior eligibility remaining. I’m not risking the chance of them applying more than 350 TPE and not being able to send them down next season. Steve McGirthensons only has a contract with us because I planned on using him as a roster filler but PGF asked for him to be sent down and he’s only marginally better than a 155 TPE roster filler anyways. So, there’s Chewy. He’s far enough from the 350 cap to where I’m not so worried AND he’s out of waiver-free SMJHL eligibility. That’s why he was my choice.

So you could've called up McGirthensons but chose not to and call up Chewy instead because you decided that your teams needs are more important than Vancouvers needs. That's totally understandable and there is nothing wrong with that, but then don't act as if "OMG, HO fucked Vancouver" when there would've been other alternatives that YOU decided against.

With that being said, the situation as a whole was unfortunate and we should avoid collateral damage or teams being handcuffed by the mere fact that we are past the trade deadline. However, I still believe that game suspensions are the right way to go, your actions have consequences, not just for yourself but also for your teammates, people need to take that into account when they decide to be an ass around the boards. A forum suspension is honestly laughable in the age of Discord, you could've just as well lifted the punishment altogether if you felt it was unwarranted instead of tagging on a meaningless forum ban.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@Jun 5 2018, 02:02 PM

What can I say.

what about mine wtf

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Quote:Originally posted by Allegiant@Jun 5 2018, 01:31 PM

what about mine wtf