Create Account

SimCity Regional Play

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Feb 12 2013, 09:14 PM
Do you guys usually work on multiple cities at the same time or just one? Because I'd prefer not really specializing my city much (especially not know, since I don't really know much about the Sim City-series yet), unless it's manageable time-wise (and fun) to work on 2-3 cities at once.

I suggest going to look at the SimCity site. Check out the videos explaining the features. The problem is that the city lots are pretty small compared to older games in the series. Since everything works in regions, there is no need for one city to do everything. You can still do a bit of everything, but as the city get's larger specializing will allow you to focus on whatever aspect you like. You don't actually have to specialize if you don't want to either. You can just do whatever. It's just nice to know what people are specializing in, because they can work together. So if everyone is doing Mining, then nobody can really help each other. It doesn't make that an non-viable region to build, because you can sell everything to the global market, but I doubt it will be the most efficient way to run a region.

Sims can drive from one city to work in another. They can shop in yet another city. One city can handle garbage collection for those around it, so the other cities don't need to bother. These are the kinds of things that playing in Regions can do. In fact, when you play single player, you are still building in regions. It's really all the same game. You can invite a friend to build in your region at any time.

I'll have multiple cities in different regions. I will be playing in a 16 city region (1 city per person) that I found on the official board. I will probably have 2 main cities I play, and then a few others to just dick around.

Will this be for Mac?

Also i wonder how deep you can go into the whole Sports team (Culture, right?) stuff

Quote:Originally posted by Tim Bisley@Feb 7 2013, 05:11 PM

The difference is SimCity you build a city. In The Sims you, apparently, just fuck bitches.

:lol:

i use to play that game on Nintendo back in the day. This new version seems awesome

Cool, thanks. I'm thinking about either education or business at the moment (although there'll probably be lots of different factors to "business") Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Feb 12 2013, 09:36 PM
Will this be for Mac?

Also i wonder how deep you can go into the whole Sports team (Culture, right?) stuff

It will be for mac also, though I don't believe it will be right away.

http://www.ea.com/news/simcity-and-origin-arriving-on-mac

As stated, we can have a city lot set aside for anyone who might come in later. We'll just plan ahead and use a larger region.

As far as culture specializing goes, I think you can place 3 culture buildings in any given city. Though that's just what I've heard from those in the ongoing Dev Beta, so that is not concrete. It's just secondhand information.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Feb 12 2013, 09:37 PM
Cool, thanks. I'm thinking about either education or business at the moment (although there'll probably be lots of different factors to "business") Smile

I've heard trading is pretty hands-on. It doesn't all work automatically. You can buy and sell commodities essentially.

Quote:Originally posted by Tim Bisley@Feb 13 2013, 03:40 AM

I've heard trading is pretty hands-on. It doesn't all work automatically. You can buy and sell commodities essentially.

Okay that sounds like too much work Tongue. So besides industry and trading, what other ways are there to build a city based on businesses? An education-based city probably would be my favorite at the moment though...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Feb 12 2013, 09:49 PM

Okay that sounds like too much work Tongue. So besides industry and trading, what other ways are there to build a city based on businesses? An education-based city probably would be my favorite at the moment though...

You can build a commercial tourism destination. That's the job I got in my other region. You don't have to do only one either. And don't take my word as law on the trading thing. The trading specialization wasn't available in the beta I played.

I'd possibly be down... I dunno if my laptop can handle this game... it's not too graphic driven is it?

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Feb 12 2013, 10:18 PM
I'd possibly be down... I dunno if my laptop can handle this game... it's not too graphic driven is it?

Try this: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/...mcity/11506?p=a

I'm hoping to get it, but probably not until about a month after it comes out (some time in April, or late March)

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Feb 13 2013, 12:57 AM
I'm hoping to get it, but probably not until about a month after it comes out (some time in April, or late March)

Then we'll put you down for a city, and you can jump in whenever you get it. No pun intended.

This was the city I made today in the second 1-hr beta:

[Image: City1.png]

I'm not a speedy builder, and things are a little haphazard, but I think it turned out looking pretty nice.

looks like a formula 1 race course to me :ph34r:

:lol: Maybe a bit. I don't build to maximize. I build for aesthetics as well as function.