Create Account

Wondering re: Sim Engine

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@Mar 11 2013, 11:17 AM

Who cares about those stupid goalies right?  :ph34r:

Harsher update scale and goalies will have better stats.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Mar 11 2013, 01:18 PM
The thing ist that 2.1 was too good for Forwards and Defensemen and too bad for Goalies. Now 1.5 is bad for Forwards and good for Defensemen and I'd say spot on for Goalies (although I'd like to hear their opinion). Just like Hallsy said Scoring was to high in 2.1 while in 1.5 Scoring is too low and random. That doesn't necessarily mean that we should change back, but we should certainly look at ways to improve on our current situation.

For example I thought that my guy had a pretty bad season, but then I realized that I'm still close to the Top-10 in Forward-Scoring (I think i'm 11th to 12th). Which means that a lot of Forwards must've had either bad seasons, or that Scoring is just a bit too low.
As Buster said it's the 99's, the sim's all about decision making and forwards don't know what to do. We need a much harsher update scale and you'll see forward numbers where they should be, which imo is just a tad higher

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 11 2013, 11:19 AM

So wait, you're facepalming me after some of the stuff you've said in this thread. HA. Best part is I actually know what I'm talking about.
You dont......

2.1 is based on decision making just like 1.5

Turn up the scoring

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:20 PM

You dont......

2.1 is based on decision making just like 1.5

No it's not. 2.1 is all about who has the highest stats. That's why the best players played like the best players

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:18 PM

:facepalm:
Why are you facepalming he's 100% right lol. In the sim your player doesn't know wtf to do. It's like going 100mph with people on your ass and deciding left or right. Either way you're experiencing a good chance of something good happening but you're unsure which would be better.

Whereas if you're 100% certain you have a better chance to say shoot, you're going to do that instead of pass

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 11 2013, 11:21 AM

No it's not. 2.1 is all about who has the highest stats. That's why the best players played like the best players

It's in the Manual.

It's not in the 1.5 Manual.

Hallsy, I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Also as a D man who had a very average season in comparison to other D, I personally really like the sim because Scoring is fairly good, and Goalie stats are right where they should

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:22 PM

It's in the Manual.

I have a weird feeling you haven't read the manuel. Wonder why...

You do realize I had the sim engine explained to me by people who are close with Park and Wadey, right?

2.1 best sim engine with a Harsher update scale, which will happen in a season or two. 2.1 was built for NHL leagues where no one has 99 in anything.

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 06:14 PM

Actually 2.1 would be better with a harsher update scale

No, it wouldn't be. If we had a harsher scale and used 2.1, the best goalies would be average, and the less skilled goalies would be absolutely awful.

you all are saying the same shit over and over again and not really giving ideas on how to fix it. its kinda amusing TBBH

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 11 2013, 11:24 AM

I have a weird feeling you haven't read the manuel. Wonder why...

You do realize I had the sim engine explained to me by people who are close with Park and Wadey, right?

I have read the Manual. It's on the STHS site.

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:25 PM
2.1 best sim engine with a Harsher update scale, which will happen in a season or two. 2.1 was built for NHL leagues where no one has 99 in anything.

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ws_zf8dscSY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ws_zf8dscSY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

The only way to increase scoring and allow decent goalie stats is to increase shots which means we will get 45-70 shots per game per goalie and that is not realistic.

The issue is some people don't want realism because we never had it before, however there are some weird results, like why Corcoran had such a low save percent for having such good stats, so there does seem to be some randomness to the sim, though I have not checked others stats too much.

In the end no sim will be perfect, so we need to decide what is the best with our current players attribute levels.