Create Account

2014 NHL Draft Discussion

Quote:Originally posted by Hatrrick44@Jun 24 2014, 01:56 AM

What did I just read?

No offense but to call Spezza a 2nd line center and Bonino a potential first line center is far fetched.
No... Spezza would be the Ducks second line center. He's now even close to the level Getzlaf has played at the past two years. Bonino has the potential to be a top line center and as such if we were to move him, I wouldn't want to do so in a trade for someone who will never be anything more than our 2nd line center

Everything I'm saying is in relation to the Ducks. Spezza is a second line center for the Ducks. Bonino has the potential to be a number one center on at least a few teams right now and if he can reach his full potential would be a number one on a few more and as such as a Ducks fan I would personally pass on a top 10 pick and Bonino for Spezza as I think it's counterproductive to trade for Spezza who just finished with only 17 more points than Bonino did in Boninos first real shot with the Ducks

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Kesler is gonna go to CHI or PIT, value just dropped since those are the only 2 teams he wants to go to.

I see TOR or CGY trading up to get the #1 pick personally. I dont think VAN will trade up to get it. Dont have the assets (or willingness to make a bold move like that) when they have 9 guys with NTC. But if FLA keeps the pick, they'd be stupid not to pick Ekblad. Franchise d-man to build around.

#AnyoneButPerlini

Perlini will probably go in the 10-12 range. A guy that I think drops out of the top 10 will be Haydn Fleury and/or William Nylander.

Quote:Originally posted by cfekete@Jun 24 2014, 10:26 AM
Perlini will probably go in the 10-12 range. A guy that I think drops out of the top 10 will be Haydn Fleury and/or William Nylander.

If Ottawa ends up getting the 10th pick, I'd love Nylander. Also, Ottawa wouldn't have interest in Nick Bonino, a deal with Spezza would probably be Silfverberg/DSP/Palmieri/Etem + Prospect + 10th OA pick.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 24 2014, 07:57 AM

Bonino has the potential to be a number one center on at least a few teams right now and if he can reach his full potential would be a number one

Ummm what? Lol hes 26 years old never cracked more than 20 points till thos year was barely a PPG player in college. He doesnt have the potential to be a top line center in anyones eyes. Hes a player who got a shot an capitalized much like Tyler Bozak if the ducks were so confident hes a top line player they wouldnt be in the market for a second line center. If even your own team cant put enough faith into him playing on the 2nd line center role than maybe take off the homer glasses.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Winteriscoming@Jun 24 2014, 10:41 AM

Ummm what? Lol hes 26 years old never cracked more than 20 points till thos year was barely a PPG player in college. He doesnt have the potential to be a top line center in anyones eyes. Hes a player who got a shot an capitalized much like Tyler Bozak if the ducks were so confident hes a top line player they wouldnt be in the market for a second line center. If even your own team cant put enough faith into him playing on the 2nd line center role than maybe take off the homer glasses.
He hasn't been given a chance to do anything on the Ducks until this season. The team has plenty of faith in him. He's not great on face offs and played great for the short portion we transitioned him to wing. Just because we're looking for a 2nd line center doesn't mean we're giving up on Bones it means we're much deeper at center than nhl ready wing right now and I'd rather him on wing with a proven number 2 guy and let Bones play wing.

Quote:Originally posted by SensNation613@Jun 24 2014, 10:34 AM

If Ottawa ends up getting the 10th pick, I'd love Nylander. Also, Ottawa wouldn't have interest in Nick Bonino, a deal with Spezza would probably be Silfverberg/DSP/Palmieri/Etem + Prospect + 10th OA pick.
DSP and Palmieri and 10th overall is fine with me. Take Em both

Quote:Originally posted by Winteriscoming@Jun 24 2014, 08:41 AM

It's like saying Sam Gagner had #1 potential when he scored 49 points at 18.

[Image: hallsy.png]

15th to St Louis for 21 and 33.
15th to Anaheim for 24 and 38.
15th to Buffalo 31, 39, and 49.

Might be grabbing tickets to go see the Draft in Philly, went last year and it was a really cool experience and the drive to Philly from here in NY is only about 2 and a half hours.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Who would you guys pick if you had to choose between Bennett and Draisaitl?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 25 2014, 01:05 PM
Draisaitl, he's got NHL-ready size, great offensive instincts, and he seems very mature for his age. I could see him being an NHL captain someday,

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Not necessarily draft related but this'll probably be the discussion thread for all NHL for the next couple days. Gaborik signing by the Kings is one of the biggest steals in recent memory imo.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jun 25 2014, 01:05 PM
Bennett, you can't trust a guy named Leon :lol: