Create Account

Keep the League Buzzing

full redraft imo :lol:

When I joined for S5, that class of new recruits was huge. There are a lot of us still in the league and active. I don't think there is enough back and forth communication between the vets and the noobs. I try to be as welcoming as possible to the new recruits, because if we don't have a wave of new users, of course total activity is going to diminish.

Fact is, with such a small number of new users coupled with an extreme lack of productive SHL discussion, this league will head further and further into a downward spiral

Quote:Originally posted by HOFF@Feb 18 2012, 06:38 PM
When I joined for S5, that class of new recruits was huge. There are a lot of us still in the league and active. I don't think there is enough back and forth communication between the vets and the noobs. I try to be as welcoming as possible to the new recruits, because if we don't have a wave of new users, of course total activity is going to diminish.

Fact is, with such a small number of new users coupled with an extreme lack of productive SHL discussion, this league will head further and further into a downward spiral

We raped basically.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Snappy@Feb 18 2012, 02:31 PM
There is lots of discussion but nobody is even paying attention to the games and season imo
Its because some people would rather talk about the NHL or just discuss stuff in off topic discussion board. Thats why I offered for my site to be the official site to talk hockey on here but it was denied.

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Feb 18 2012, 03:16 PM
more things to do? haxball tounrey for money  Tongue

This..is..genius

no active junies is the biggest problem imo

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Feb 20 2012, 07:35 PM

yeah

maybe this is what we needed. A season to show everybody how bad it is when we dont recruit. Maybe next season we will have 2X the recruiters.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

if we just gave all the members free coke and strippers i think there would be a boost in activty

Quote:Originally posted by The Rockstar@Feb 21 2012, 12:39 AM
if we just gave all the members free coke and strippers i think there would be a boost in activty

Only you would go on the internet if you were given free coke and strippers.

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@Feb 20 2012, 08:41 PM

Only you would go on the internet if you were given free coke and strippers.
multi tasking biiiiitch

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Feb 20 2012, 04:35 PM
Hard to be active when we've missed a number of days without a sim and we're just looking now for a new one. I'm still active though and Whalers are going to be #1 at the end of the season!!

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Junior mid-season activity check imo. No EEL player. We should see how many are actually active.

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by City Of Walrus@Feb 20 2012, 07:42 PM

Hard to be active when we've missed a number of days without a sim and we're just looking now for a new one. I'm still active though and Whalers are going to be #1 at the end of the season!!
well yea but youre not really new lol
i mean theres no new members to add to the boards...its basically all the same people now

and yes whalers #1

the new recruits have run dry, and it was eventual. I knew it would, but you don't necessarily have to have an insane amount of new members to keep a league. You're going to have dry years, and you're going to have years that are plentiful. It's just the cycle of sim leagues. It's been great that the league has been looking for fifty plus recruits every season, but that's just not logical in the long run.

The SHL needs more structure on career lengths, incentive for members to keep going, things of that nature.

I think one part of the problem is that we scaled back on our recuitment goals so soon. It looked like Maxy wanted the season to start as soon as possible so instead of waiting ofr th 70-80 recruits that were originally intended, we started with something around 50.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this off-season a lot shorter than the last one anyway? When I joined before S6 I think I had to wait for about a month until the draft was finally there, and I wasn't even among the first new recruits. I know it was a pretty long wait but at least we ended up with a decent amount of active and quality players. Who leaves this site just because he has to wait 1-2 more weeks for the season to start probably wouldn't have become a quality member anyway, so those people won't really be missed.
How long was the last Recruitment Drive? About 3 weeks if I remember correctly, that's pretty short and one of the problems why this years draft-class is so weak.
Of course the league needs more people to recruit too. I think one way to make people recruit AND reduce the waiting time between sesaons, would be to start the Recruitment Drive earlier. As soon as the Playoffs begin, or maybe even after the Deadline, everyone who recruits a new member gets the TPE-Bonus. New members still would have to wait as long for the draft like it was with the old system, but this time it would be a waiting period filled with activity, since there'd be the SHL and NWJHL-playoffs going on and we could reduce the time were absolutely nothing happens and we just wait until we have enough recruits.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]