Create Account

Ryan Johansen on trade block

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 08:44 PM

Yeah the being a playoff team year in and out year out really sucks  :lol: 

Plus have you seen the Blue Jackets short history? we'll take winning a playoff series  :lol:  :lol:

25/30 Teams aims to win the Stanley Cup in any given year. That is their target, if you don't have that as your target you look like the Edmonton Oilers.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Kovalev is probably a proponent of participation ribbons

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 10:44 PM

Yeah the being a playoff team year in and out year out really sucks  :lol: 

Plus have you seen the Blue Jackets short history? we'll take winning a playoff series  :lol:  :lol:
It absolutely sucks, just ask the Ducks, Sharks, Rangers, Capitals, and Blues fans how much fun it is cheering for their teams seeing them do the same thing over and over and never taking the next step... It's awful

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 24 2015, 10:51 PM

It absolutely sucks, just ask the Ducks, Sharks, Rangers, Capitals, and Blues fans how much fun it is cheering for their teams seeing them do the same thing over and over and never taking the next step... It's awful

As a Sens fan, you can imagine how much fun I had in the mid 2000s...fucking Hasek

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 24 2015, 10:51 PM

Ducks won the cup in 2007 tho..

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 24 2015, 08:52 PM

8 years/ almost 9 years is a long time.

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Nov 24 2015, 10:53 PM

8 years/ almost 9 years  is a long time.
The Blues and Caps have been in the league for how long? And with how many Cups?

Chicago, LA, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit. Those are the ONLY teams to win the cup since Anaheim won it.

Anaheim has won the cup more recently than 80% of the NHL. 80%.

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 24 2015, 10:52 PM

Yes, and since then it's been disappointing season after disappointing season Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 24 2015, 08:55 PM

The Blues and Caps have been in the league for how long? And with how many Cups?

Chicago, LA, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit. Those are the ONLY teams to win the cup since Anaheim won it.

CHI/LA are the only team to win the cup in the last five seasons they have won more cups than 100% of the NHL

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 24 2015, 10:55 PM

They've also won the same amount of cups in that time as 80% of the league, losing in embarrassing fashion every single time btw, I'd much rather suck and have a chance to improve the next season by having a stud draft pick, than playing a few extra games and being embarrassed when the games actually matter. Which was my point all along, I personally don't find the playoffs to be an accomplishment or something I want the team I cheer for to strive for, anything short of steady improvement and/or a cup is a disappointing season and the Ducks have had 8 (Looking like it'll soon be 9) disappointing seasons in a row.

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Nov 24 2015, 10:56 PM

CHI/LA are the only team to win the cup in the last five seasons they have won more cups than 100% of the NHL
You're missing my point. Anaheim has had good teams and failed to win it all as of late, but holy shit. Not winning the cup since 2007? Wow.. Blues, Caps, Sharks, Canucks, etc. fans must feel so bad for them Smile)

I've got nothing against Anaheim. But they're certainly not a tormented fan base as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Nov 24 2015, 09:44 PM

Columbus in 2020 after trading Johanson

I would actually argue 95 Devils

95 Devils? I think a 30 year old Scott Stevens would be considered a star.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Nov 24 2015, 11:01 PM

95 Devils? I think a 30 year old Scott Stevens would be considered a star.

Yeah, that's true. Back to the drawing board Smile)

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 24 2015, 09:48 PM

Staal WAS a true #1 center, not any more, and he has 7 seasons with 70 or more points
I'm assuming you mean Stepan, I wouldn't consider him a star center either, he's a #1 center but he's not an elite center
Backes is a power forward, he brings far more to the team than just points
Plekanec is nothing special
Bergeron is an ELITE two way center without question
RNH is not a #1 center yet
Backstrom has 4 seasons over 70 points including a 100 point season, and back to back seasons with over 75 points.

This was pretty much exactly what I was thinking of posting. A "true" #1 centre to me is a gamebreaker capable of taking over games on their own. You'd have to go back pretty far to find a team without a centre like that who has won a Cup.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Nov 24 2015, 11:06 PM

This was pretty much exactly what I was thinking of posting. A "true" #1 centre to me is a gamebreaker capable of taking over games on their own. You'd have to go back pretty far to find a team without a centre like that who has won a Cup.
07 is the closest I can think of (In the most recent era anyways) and that I don't even think qualifies seeing as it was kinda Getzlaf's coming out party. Even though he was the 2nd line center to Andy Mac.