Create Account

S28 SHL Trade Deadline

Why must we make this such a big thing? Nothing ever happens on trade deadline and the sim gets delayed for no reason. I get people on the west coast need time to catch up but for what? Nothing ever happens, and I'm on the west coast. We should just make the TD a hard deadline of 12PM PST then we ALWAYS know what time it's set for and if we need to make deals then do what you can to make deals before then. This waiting around for zero trades is awful lol

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

very exciting trade deadline!!

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Apr 6 2016, 05:50 PM
Why must we make this such a big thing? Nothing ever happens on trade deadline and the sim gets delayed for no reason. I get people on the west coast need time to catch up but for what? Nothing ever happens, and I'm on the west coast. We should just make the TD a hard deadline of 12PM PST then we ALWAYS know what time it's set for and if we need to make deals then do what you can to make deals before then. This waiting around for zero trades is awful lol

Eh, last year's deadline was decent and past years have been. It really varies year to year. Not much of a market this season.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

And people say that nothing happens, but even when trades don't end up happening there are trades being discussed. Just because nothing ends up being posted doesn't mean that GMs aren't taking the day to consider last minute options.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Apr 6 2016, 03:11 PM
And people say that nothing happens, but even when trades don't end up happening there are trades being discussed. Just because nothing ends up being posted doesn't mean that GMs aren't taking the day to consider last minute options.
Nothing happens enough to delay the sim imo. If trades aren't being posted then what was the point? we've had all season to make deals and trades if barely anything happens during the season whats an extra 6-7 hours?

For the record this isn't a knock against JY, this is a knock against waiting around for really no reason. Not like trades are happening every 30 mins or anything, a hard deadline in the future will erase waiting around for nothing as well as letting GMs know THIS IS A DEADLINE every season it should be the same.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Hey at least we don't do those trade deadline shows anymore Looooooool

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Apr 6 2016, 09:53 AM

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
Oh is that what they told you? Wink take a seat son, you gon learn today!

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Apr 6 2016, 06:20 PM

Nothing happens enough to delay the sim imo. If trades aren't being posted then what was the point? we've had all season to make deals and trades if barely anything happens during the season whats an extra 6-7 hours?

For the record this isn't a knock against JY, this is a knock against waiting around for really no reason. Not like trades are happening every 30 mins or anything, a hard deadline in the future will erase waiting around for nothing as well as letting GMs know THIS IS A DEADLINE every season it should be the same.

Not like waiting for 10 pm vs 1 pm is going to change my life Smile) I don't see why this is an issue.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

It's really great listening to the only people capable of making trades, bitch that there aren't any trades going on. If you don't like boring deadlines, get to work!

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

None of the selling teams have pieces that I want to give up my two firsts for.

Hint hint.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

teams should look at FA options imo

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Apr 6 2016, 07:53 PM
None of the selling teams have pieces that I want to give up my two firsts for.

Hint hint.
You trying to say I'm not worth it? Eyebrow

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Apr 6 2016, 08:07 PM

You trying to say I'm not worth it?  Eyebrow
I haven't seen any pigs flying lately, so no.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Got my trading done before the deadline like a boss. It's like when you turn your taxes in early. B)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Breaking News out of Dallas

On the brink of the end of the SHL trade deadline, we have a trade to announce.

Rick James - Renegades has traded actual money to a local street salesman for recreational crack cocaine!

You heard it here first.