Create Account

S29 PT #5 - The Greats

The SHL has had a long and prestigious run that only continues to get stronger with time. The league is filled with all-world talents all across the league and has one of the strongest minor systems you will find in any professional sports league. People look at the SHL today and just see who is great now and what is going on currently but none of this would be possible without some of the original talents to grace this league.

One of the very first members of the SHL Hall of Fame and a guy I can only admire as a center is the great Sergei Karpotsov. While his career was short lived, lasting just four SHL seasons, his impact on the ice made lasting impressions. Individual numbers were not what made Karpotsov great. In his four seasons he had career totals of 56 goals, 98 assists, 154 total points, 303 hits, and a career +42 differential.

These numbers are solid for a four year career but what made Karpotsov a true Hall of Fame player was his leadership and willingness to do anything it took to win as evident by his 303 total hits. Karpotsov was a true champion, winning three Challenge Cup's out of four seasons. To win three Challenge Cup's in four seasons is almost impossible and to do it as the leader of your team, it certainly made you a Hall of Fame caliber player and someone all young forwards can look up to.

The individual success did not stop with the Challenge Cup's albeit those were his biggest accomplishments. He piled up the awards with three Clarence S. Challenge Bowls, two Presidents Trophy, one Ron Mexico Trophy, and one Jay McDonald Trophy.

There are many players in the Hall of Fame but not many have enjoyed the type of individual and team success as Karpotsov has. He is what every player should strive to be in terms of accomplishments and if you can ever reach his level, you will find yourself in the Hall of Fame someday as well.

Words: 344

Code:
320 words

It is rare these days to find a truly dominant physical player, so let me take you back to a time in the early days of the league where we might find an inspiration, and hopefully we may bring this lost part of the game back to the forefront.

It was way back during the waking years of the league, Season 3 to be precise, that a young man by the name of Turd Ferguson took the league by storm. Ferguson's career point totals have since been lost in the void, but points aren't what Ferguson is remembered for regardless.

Wearing the unorthodox number of 00 and playing for the upstart Manhattan Raid, Turd racked up penalty minutes in a way we had never seen before, and haven't seen since. After an understandably slow rookie season, Ferguson led the league in Penalty Minutes back to back in seasons 4 and 5. He wreaked havoc among enemy teams, and asserted his dominance as one of the premiere players of the entire SHL.

Unfortunately, this rough and tumble style paid a heavy toll on his body, and he hung up his skates very early into his fresh career, lasting only 3 seasons in the big leagues. It says something about Ferguson that even though he had a short career with not much team success, he's an extremely well known player, even among rookies.

Shortly after his retirement, Turd Ferguson was inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame, and a trophy was named in his honor: The Turd Ferguson Trophy, awarded to the player with the most PIMs.

With the league headed towards more of a skill oriented game, it's unlikely we will ever see a player as effective as Ferguson was ever again, but we can always hope to one day see his return. There will always be room in many a fan's heart for a little more sandpaper in this league.

<div align="center">[Image: 3544-images.jpeg]</div>

Defenseman Scott Stevens is the pinnacle of what a young blueliner hopes to become as he enters the SHL. A fast skater that puts up points with the best of them, a bone-crunching body checker who puts opposing forwards through the glass and a presence both on-and-off the ice with a colorful personality thrown in.

Stevens was inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame in Season 9, his first season of eligibility. Stevens played for three teams over his illustrious eight season career, the Hamilton Steelhawks, the Los Angeles Panthers and the West Kendall Platoon. Stevens played his first five seasons in Hamilton, before he moved to Los Angeles for two seasons and finally finished up with the Platoon.

An inaugural member of the SHL, Stevens was drafted in the fourth round, 22nd overall, of the Season 1 Entry Draft by the Hamilton Steelhawks, a pick that would prove to be an incredible steel for the Hamilton franchise. Stevens signed his first professional contract, a three-year, 9.5 million dollar deal, to begin his career in Hamilton. Stevens was named an All-Star from Seasons 1-4, with the event going dormant in Season 5.

Stevens saw his career blossom to new heights in Season 6 when he signed a massive free agent contract with the Los Angeles Panthers, in just their second season of existence. In an unprecedented run to the cup, the Panthers brought in a plethora of talent in the offseason and went all the way to the cup with one of the most talented teams the SHL has ever seen, with Stevens leading the way as the number one defenseman. The blueliner would play one additional season in LA before moving to West Kendall to finish out his career, which ended with the lone cup.

Stevens collected 152 points over his impressive SHL career, but his time in the league will be measured by just that. Stevens paved the way for defenseman, bringing a combination of physicality, offensive ability and minutes eating play that the league may never see again. Stevens is rightfully enshrined into the SHL Hall of Fame, where his legacy will never fade away.

<div align="center"> - 358 Words - </div>

Quote:408 words

Ron Mexico was more than just a pretty face and a bad-ass name. How much more you might ask? about 15 times more. Now you might be saying "oh JR, why is it 15 times more?" Well let me break it down in a way you'll understand.

Ron mexico won the Challenge Cup TWICE in his career. That means that on two separate occasions, this guys team was the least scrubbiest thanks in part to his contributions.

He has a motherfucking trophy named after him. That's right, where's your trophy? Don't have one? Didn't think so. You know what's even better about that? His trophy was named after him for being the best. The best of what? Fucking everything. That's right, League MVP. The real kicker here is, he's won his own god damn award four times.

Not only is he winning the trophies named after him, he's winning everyone else's motherfucking trophies too. This punk ass bitch has won the Sarmad Khan trophy three times. That means that even the players thought he was the least scrubbiest of the scrubs. On top of all that, that son-of-a Gretzky has himself 4 Sergei Karpotsov, awarded to the to the player who makes goalies cry the most. Or gets the most points...

Now let's be real. Assists are cute and all, but scoring goals is what will really classify you as a League certified Bad Ass. You want proof that Mexico Is a bad ass, I mean aside from the fact that his last name is a fucking country? Next time your at the Hall of fame, look at the Jay McDonald Trophy. That's the trophy they give to the baddest of bad asses. The ones who score the most goals. Take a look at Season 5 and 6 and you'll see the name Mexico not once but twice. That's right, it's official. Mexico isnt just bad ass. He is double bad ass.

So let me recalcumalate all that for those of you that might be slow or bad a geometry

2 Challenge cups + 4 Ron Mexico's + 3 Sarmad Khan's + 4 Sergei Karpotsov + 2 Jay McDonald = 15 times more bad ass than batman and 15 times more good looking then Henrik Lundqvist's 5 O'clock shadow.

Thought you were bad ass? well, you might be, but next time look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself: Am I as bad ass as Ron Mexico?"

The answer will always be no.

is this ever gonna be graded

Quote:Originally posted by Brink@Jun 8 2016, 10:30 AM
is this ever gonna be graded

Nope! :lol:

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Yeah this is giving us not much time to not only add this for the week but also when the new one comes out we will only have a few days to complete it.

Quote:Originally posted by Stamkos Is My Dad@Jun 9 2016, 04:59 PM
Yeah this is giving us not much time to not only add this for the week but also when the new one comes out we will only have a few days to complete it.

Exactly, lil has been behind for a while tbh.

Quote:Originally posted by Stamkos Is My Dad@Jun 9 2016, 03:59 PM

Well to the first point, so long as the grades aren't up nobody can add the points anyway so you're still on a level playing field. To the second, I'd assume they'll still give you the full week if the PT went up late.

Things happen guys, people have lives outside of a sim league.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jun 9 2016, 04:15 PM

Well to the first point, so long as the grades aren't up nobody can add the points anyway so you're still on a level playing field. To the second, I'd assume they'll still give you the full week if the PT went up late.

Things happen guys, people have lives outside of a sim league.
C'mon eggy we had this conversation in the locker room. You know my stance on this.

Quote:Originally posted by Brink@Jun 9 2016, 04:37 PM

C'mon eggy we had this conversation in the locker room. You know my stance on this.

I wasn't part of that conversation

Well, I was, but just to point out how badly SHL PTs were doing.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jun 9 2016, 05:13 PM

I wasn't part of that conversation

Well, I was, but just to point out how badly SHL PTs were doing.
Let's start a riot to get the current graders overthrown. VIVA LA RESISTANCE.

Quote:Originally posted by Brink@Jun 9 2016, 05:25 PM

Let's start a riot to get the current graders overthrown. VIVA LA RESISTANCE.

It's a long drive to Seattle though. . .

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jun 9 2016, 10:25 PM

Not for me :ph34r:

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jun 9 2016, 05:25 PM

Let's just continuously PM lil until he updates.