Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

I Keep Forgettin' (Every Time You're Near) - Michael McDonald
Somebody's Baby - Jackson Browne
Escape - Rupert Holmes
Come Sail Away - Styx
Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) - Looking Glass

alright so im not gonna lie... i just typed "yacht rock songs" in to google and picked the ones that i knew from what they had listed. (i have no idea if you would even consider all of these songs "yacht rock" but... who cares.) i figured yacht rock would fit in well enough with Carolina being a nautical themed team and put a fun spin on things. i know a big point to pre-game music is to pump you up and i think its always been done in a kind of "traditional" way so why not change it up a bit. this is the type of stuff that can get anyone out there movin' and singin' along. that feel-good energy is bound to help out your game in some way. i mean... these songs are all bangers. the beat for I Keep Forgettin' is so damn smooth. Somebody's Baby along with that piano part is just classic. we round out the list with 3 songs that even fit the overall theme a little better. Escape is one of the greatest songs ever written and if you dont agree you dont know anything. Come Sail Away picks it up in the energy department and is absolutely epic. and im sorry, Brandy, but the Kraken's life, love, and lady is the sea. or... the.. ice?

“For the Glory” by All Good Things

Once I heard this song as the theme for the 2021 NHL playoffs, I immediately fell in love with this song. It got me so pumped up and ready for the game at hand. So I decided to add it to my warmup playlist. And it really gets me pumped up. 

“Wolves” by Sam Tinnesz, Silverberg

I heard this song when my dad played it for me on the way to a game once. This song really hits me. It got me ready just like the lyrics of the song. “When the wolves come out to play” reminded me of my team. We were ready to play when we got out on the ice. 

“Coming For You” by The Offspring

This is another song that speaks of one  team coming after another. Like every other song, this got me really pumped up and ready for a game. “When they keep coming for you” again speaks of us coming out on the ice and destroying the other team. Songs like that really got me ready for a game. 

“Greyhound” by Swedish House Mafia

This is a song that is completely different from every other song in this list. This song is a EDM song. It’s like a dance song that you can dance to. But this song really got me ready for a game. The best part, is it’s over 6 minutes long. Which means it drops the beat enough for me to get ready. 

“Cinderella Man (E)” by Eminem

Now the (E) is not apart of the song, it’s just saying it’s explicit. Because, I mean come on, it’s Eminem. What more did you expect? This song, like all the others is one that gets me pumped up. 

Now it’s really hard to say what parts of a song gets me pumped up because I just feel the music and concentrate before a game. But all I know, is that these 4 gets me pumped up the most.

1.      Come Out and Play – Twisted Sister
Let’s face it, if this song does not get you fired up to cause some mischief, then nothing will.

2.      Born To Raise Hell – Motörhead
The very nature of this song lends itself to firing the team up and getting them ready to do battle on the ice.

3.      Machine – Circus of Power
Another song chosen just to get the blood pumping and adrenaline flowing. If you are not ready to throw down and play some hockey at this point, you need to check your pulse.

4.      The Boys Are Back – Dropkick Murphy’s
This is it! This is THE hockey song! Once this song hits, everyone knows what’s coming next. By now the fans are on their feet screaming and cheering. They know what’s up, it’s time to play some hockey.

5.      Harvester of Sorrow – Metallica
The lights dim, the fog rolls out from the tunnel onto the ice, and then this song hits. Never was there a more appropriate song for a team called “The Scarecrows”.

174 Words

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

So the number one song played in the Colorado locker room before games is definitely Dinosaur by Kesha. I mean it's obvious isn't it? First off, it's a bop. Hands down. 2ndly it's dinosaur related so big ups there. The 2nd song has to be our skate out song before warm ups. None other than the theme for Jurassic Park. I'm not sure how we got the rights for it but it's amazing walking out to the ice hearing it play. 3rd is definitely Walk the Dinosaur. I think it's played atleast five times before every game. I hear it in my sleep now. 4th is the Super Mario Bros cover of Walk the Dinosaur which in my opinion is the superior version of the song. And if you haven't noticed by now, the Colorado locker room is a huge fan of Dinosaur songs. Our 5th most played song is Uprising by Muse. It has nothing to do with dinosaurs but it makes you want to fight.

Code:
167 Words

[Image: jKPulOV.jpg]

[Image: I3BTEQc.png][Image: dGD5tIx.png]

The Maine Locker Room has a tradition of allowing alternating player playlists so you never know what to expect on Game Day. I like keep a nice mix of Rap to get me hyped up and heavy rock to put me in the mood to lay some checks out.

The first song on my Playlist is Static-X : The Only
I like to start with this song because i feel like it is the mood changer. When this song comes on it flips a switch in my head that takes me into game mood.

The second song on my list is Flipsyde : Someday
This song is fast paced and tells the story of pushing through everything thats holding you back to achieve greatness. One of the first songs that comes to mind for a workout playlist.

Number three on the list is Mudvayne : Not Falling
Another heavy song that keeps me hyped and gets me ready to hit someone. You can get lost in the lyrics painting the picture of refusing to fall and remaining standing no matter the situation.

The Fourth song on the Playlist is Tech N9ne : Riot Maker 
Im not sure you can go wrong with a rap song that makes you want to start a mosh pit in the middle of the Locker Room.

The last song on the Playlist is (hed) p.e. : Renegade
"See me, Im still standing. I might be Bleeding but im still Breathing." these lyrics say it all after listening to this song im ready to hit the ice and drop the gloves.

1. Vibe Check - GRiZ
Nothing like a vibe check to kick off pre-game playlist and get everyone pumped up and ready to go. There’s not much else to really say about this one, I’ll get to the next some once I run through another brick wall.

2. Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
Ahhh, a classic. Not only a classic, but it gives a little prelude to the opposition that they’re about to bite the dust.

3. Animus Vox - The Glitch Mob
4. Lights Out - BLVD

The two above just are near impossible to listen to without getting pumped up. True “get in the zone” type songs that set the tone for whats about to come. And, hey, what better song to play as the lights dim than “Lights Out”.

5. Release The Kraken - NSP
I think you all saw this coming. Not only is the name a play on words as the team comes out of the tunnel for the last time, but it’s also sort of a joke, a way to throw the visiting team off their guard. How could they not be after hearing this?

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

[Image: 81WkDhe9unL._SL1500_.jpg?width=1228&height=1228]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]