Create Account

Trade Deadline 2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 03:10 PM

AND if reports are correct he's being INCREDIBLY selfish as he's only waiving his NTC to play for certain places, so not only is he screwing over his team by asking out over something that has nothing to do with the NHL, but then proceeds to say I'm only playing here, thus not letting TB get a good return for him.

HOW DARE HE USE THE NTC FOR WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR! FUCKING SCUM

Quote:Originally posted by #NOUSSOMMESLHIVER@Feb 26 2014, 03:48 PM
:unsure: How does being traded screw the team over? You may hate Callahan but he's a better player in the long run for Tampa. I even doubt it would be a straight trade. Picks or prospects would have to go go back to Tampa. The guy can produce at the same pace than St-Louis and can replace St-Louis on first line. A Stamkos-Callahan duo looks pretty hot.

[b]As for selfishness, Crosby doing this would be selfish because he's the centre piece of the Penguins. Price or Subban doing this would be selfish, Ovechkin would be selfish...but St-Louis? He's at the verge of ending his career. Has done it all for Tampa. He still has it in him but his good years are behind him now.

You may think it's childish, but I see it more like a lost trust issue. He's not the first player asking to be traded because he's got management issue and he won't be the last.[/b]

Yeah I mean it's not like he just won the Art-Ross trophy last year Rolleyes
Callahan has put up 50 points once in his career, and he's being selfish because he's leaving the team that JUST MADE HIM CAPTAIN and has been the center piece of this team pretty much the entire season.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 26 2014, 03:56 PM

HOW DARE HE USE THE NTC FOR WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR! FUCKING SCUM
When it involves fucking over the team that made you relevant, on top of wanting to leave over a childish decision, and then decide he is only going to go to one team and not let the team that made you use leverage to get the best possible return for you? Yeah that's a pretty shitty move by someone who I thought was much classier than that.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 04:00 PM

When it involves fucking over the team that made you relevant, on top of  wanting to leave over a childish decision, and then decide he is only going to go to one team and not let the team that made you use leverage to get the best possible return for you? Yeah that's a pretty shitty move by someone who I thought was much classier than that.

He's using it for what it's meant to be used for. Childish how? The guy has been a team player for his whole career.

He has earned the chance to be selfish for once.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 26 2014, 04:03 PM

He's using it for what it's meant to be used for. Childish how? The guy has been a team player for his whole career.

He has earned the chance to be selfish for once.
He can be selfish all he wants. He's still acting like a bitch over it and I personally won't be supporting him if he leaves Tampa. You don't do that to a team that just named you captain.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 04:04 PM

He can be selfish all he wants. He's still acting like a bitch over it and I personally won't be supporting him if he leaves Tampa. You don't do that to a team that just named you captain.

I'm sure he'll lose tons of sleep over the loss of you as a fan. Hopefully he can bounce back from the huge loss

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 26 2014, 04:05 PM

I'm sure he'll lose tons of sleep over the loss of you as a fan. Hopefully he can bounce back from the huge loss
:lol: I don't really care if he loses sleep or not. Never said I expect him to did I?

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 04:07 PM

:lol: I don't really care if he loses sleep or not. Never said I expect him to did I?

I'm sure he will though.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 26 2014, 04:11 PM

I'm sure he will though.
That would be pretty cool! Smile

Maxy do you feel the same way about Iginla?

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs = Slumpbusters@Feb 26 2014, 04:18 PM
Maxy do you feel the same way about Iginla?
I can't really comment on Iginla since I don't have the same level of personal attachment that I have towards Marty with Iggy. In regards to the Boston situation I completely agreed with the way Boston fans reacted to that, it was a slap in the face to the Boston franchise imo

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 05:00 PM

When it involves fucking over the team that made you relevant, on top of  wanting to leave over a childish decision, and then decide he is only going to go to one team and not let the team that made you use leverage to get the best possible return for you? Yeah that's a pretty shitty move by someone who I thought was much classier than that.
He made himself relevant not the team.

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Feb 26 2014, 04:30 PM

He made himself relevant not the team.
Tampa gave him the opportunity to make himself relevant.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2014, 04:33 PM

Tampa gave him the opportunity to make himself relevant.

Guess Pittsburgh made Crosby relevant, they drafted him and gave him the chance Rolleyes

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Feb 26 2014, 04:36 PM

Guess Pittsburgh made Crosby relevant, they drafted him and gave him the chance  Rolleyes
How exactly is that the same thing? Marty went undrafted, was cut from a practice squad, went unselected in an expansion draft and was bought out from a 500k contract by the Calgary Flames before Tampa signed him and gave him the opportunity to play....