Create Account

Poll: Do you want to go through with it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Season needs to be delayed to fix this.
0%
0 0%
No, it doesn't matter.
0%
0 0%
Not right now, let's wait until after the season.
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Recounting redistribution

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Apr 17 2012, 08:51 PM

I'm a defensive defenceman so wouldn't that be hurting myself?

You've been here forever, you have tons more tpe than us mere mortal defensemen, 15 pts isn't gonna hurt you as much as it would us Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Apr 17 2012, 10:49 PM
well the forms were changed that's the problem, after like S2 everything was lowered significantly.

if you want to give defensive d-men another 15 points then that's fine. my understanding was as long as defensive defensemen = offensive defensemen and all forwards are equal then we're good, forwards don't necessarily have to = goalies and = defencemen.

but anyway, change as you will, I suggested the formula but it's not binding by any means

This is what it should be imo, since now, we're making everybody equal:

Off. Forward - 30
Two-way fwd - 15
Grinder - 0
Off. Defenseman - 30
Def. Defenseman - 15
Goalie - 40

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 18 2012, 02:07 PM

This is what it should be imo, since now, we're making everybody equal:

Off. Forward - 30
Two-way fwd - 15
Grinder - 0
Off. Defenseman - 30
Def. Defenseman - 15
Goalie - 40

That's what I always thought it was, and that's what I used when doing the Calgary redistribution totals. Everyone should be given 155 points to start off with. So the above totals should be applied for all players created after the templates changed. Players created in S1 who used templates with more points should be corrected so that they have 155 to start. I'm sure someone knows the values that were used in S1.

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@Apr 18 2012, 01:21 PM

That's what I always thought it was, and that's what I used when doing the Calgary redistribution totals. Everyone should be given 155 points to start off with. So the above totals should be applied for all players created after the templates changed. Players created in S1 who used templates with more points should be corrected so that they have 155 to start. I'm sure someone knows the values that were used in S1.
off players : 150
two-way/def d-man : 165
grinders : 180

I don't remember goalies but I think it was 140.

Quote:Originally posted by kebrik@Apr 18 2012, 06:32 PM

off players : 150
two-way/def d-man : 165
grinders : 180

I don't remember goalies but I think it was 140.

Well just correct those players to 155 and that puts everyone on a level playing field.

We are wasting more time voting...why not just do it and get it over with?

Ok, we're doing it then.

After tommorow, I am more than happy to help. Until then, I am pretty much out of commission.

ok , im confused now. do i have to recount all Dragons and Kings PTE oe i just had those pts? Cause if i need to recount everything, i wont have time to do it this week and i will need help. :unsure:

As I just posted in the other thread, were sadly none of the people in charge replied:

What do you guys think about re-re-distributing "on the fly"? We could keep the league going and continue simming while everyone who hasn't done it yet corrects his player. Since some teams are already done re-re-distributing and for most players the points-change is just small anyway, I don't think we necessarily have to keep the league on hold while this issue gets corrected. Just make sure everything gets done until let's say the beginning of next week and just continue simming until then Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Apr 19 2012, 07:19 PM
As I just posted in the other thread, were sadly none of the people in charge replied:

What do you guys think about re-re-distributing "on the fly"? We could keep the league going and continue simming while everyone who hasn't done it yet corrects his player. Since some teams are already done re-re-distributing and for most players the points-change is just small anyway, I don't think we necessarily have to keep the league on hold while this issue gets corrected. Just make sure everything gets done until let's say the beginning of next week and just continue simming until then Smile
Not a fan.
just get it done then sim.

It will not be on the fly as that will in no way make sense in the fairness of sims.

Based on the way it's going all teams will be re-counted by tomorrow and it should take only a day or two past that to get us back to sim-ready.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wadey@Apr 20 2012, 01:27 AM
It will not be on the fly as that will in no way make sense in the fairness of sims.

Based on the way it's going all teams will be re-counted by tomorrow and it should take only a day or two past that to get us back to sim-ready.

If you can hold that schedule, I'm fine with it Wink

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Patrick80@Apr 19 2012, 08:04 PM
ok , im confused now. do i have to recount all Dragons and Kings PTE oe i just had those pts? Cause if i need to recount everything, i wont have time to do it this week and i will need help. :unsure:

You don't have to do anything. I'm having people other than the updaters do it.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 19 2012, 08:39 PM

You don't have to do anything. I'm having people other than the updaters do it.

thank you so much Tongue