Create Account

S51 PT #1 - The Delay

St. Louis captain Aron Hernadivic has taken the lockout in stride, accomplishing a number of tasks that will hopefully take his game to the next level and top the Scarecrows point record of 63 points in a season. Hernadivic has spent much of the offseason ensuring he is in shape and ready to go right form game 1, as he had a slow start to the season last year. He has done this by practicing with linemates Jakub Bruchevski and James Ronlain, being the centrepiece of UCOCAL's second line, as well as getting some burn with all the veteran Czechia players in the CEHL. Hernadivic didn't produce too much in the CELH, but is currently UCOCAL's leading scorer after the round robin, with 13 points in 14 games. Hernadivic hopes to help Czechia go on a deep run, but they will be forced to upset a few higher-seeded teams if they want to achieve their dream of winning a medal. Although the lockout has prevented SHLers from practicing, Hernadivic has been able to get on the ice through the CELH and the WJC.
190ish

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Kaarlo Kekkonen was at the forefront of those involved in the lockout, picketing every day outside SHL’s headquarters in downtown Poughkeepsie in order to get a fairer deal for him and his brothers in the world of professional hockey. He believed that for too long the people who make the SHL what it is and provide the ruling class with a lot of money have been overlooked when it comes to receiving a fair slice of the pie. As such it is a necessity for him to make it known that it won’t be tolerated. Kaarlo and his fellow protestors shut down the headquarters for almost a week, holding several SHL top brass hostage and not allowing the normal way of business to go ahead. This disruption certainly did not go unnoticed and as the league grew to a grinding halt many took notice of the plight of the players of the SHL and advocated for a higher share of advertising revenues, along with higher minimum contracts and better distribution of league wealth between teams, helping those poorer ones who need it the most.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Wachter was really shocked when he heard from the lockout and was thinking how this could affect him. He just signed his first pro contract in Texas, will they pay me if the season wouldn't be played? Will there be a lot of player coming back to the junior league instead of getting a spot on their SHL teams. Another year on the Carolina Krakens 4th line. Just a few of so many thoughts he had during the first hours after he received the message. But after talking with his father Maximilian and Kraken management he started to focus on the practice again. No matter what will happen, it's never a bad idea to be ready for the season and a few extra days of practice will always help did his father told him. Kraken management was also very helpful, because they said that there will no overage player coming down, because we don't have one. So it got clear that I will climb up the depth charts and get more ice time for SMJHL S51.

Code:
176 words

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

It looks like not only the NHL has lockout issues as the SHL/SMJHL is currently in one as we speak(it's first?). This leaves lot's of open time for players to continue to work on their games to be prepared for the hopefully eventual start of the season. Kane has taken this time to reflect on his past season as overall he was disappointed with the offensive production he had. He also worked on improving his mental game as last year he was easily triggered by opponents which resulted in a few fights. Kane is too talented and important of a player for the Raptors to be sitting in the back for 5 minutes. Another thing Kane did was follow the negotiations of the lockout to prepare for what the future might hold. Potential rule changes and way the game might be played are being talked about and he wants to be a head of the league so he can have a great rookie season in the SHL.

Falcons Canada

Kristaps Ball of the Tampa Bay Barracuda has spent this lockout doing mainly two things. Drinking, and practicing. Kristaps Ball just won his second Stevens Trophy for being the best defenseman in the league in 3 seasons, putting him at an elite level and putting him into the history books as one of the few who have won this award twice. To celebrate, he has been drunk pretty much 24/7. It's pretty bad. However he has also been hitting the ice to continue to get better to try to win more Stevens awards in the future, always with a drink in hand of course. Besides practicing and drinking, Ball has also spent some time back in his home country of Latvia with his family and, of course, drinking with them too. It's a family thing. Ball looks forward to the upcoming season and can't wait to hit the ice again with his teammates.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Elizabeth Doyle does not really have any opinion on the lockout currently looming on the Simulation Hockey League thanks to the Hamilton Steelhawks. She knows she must focus on bettering herself and her play in order to have a good season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. After being selected eleventh overall in the draft by the Buffalo Stampede, she now has an itch to scratch by showing to the other teams what she can do. Everything will start once again with the World Junior Championship, where she will battle with Del Vecchio for the starting role. She led the team last season to a silver medal, and she’s determined to do it again. After that, she will be back in St. Louis to train up with the Scarecrows and get ready for a good season. With many players staying down this year, the Scarecrows should have a good chance at the cup.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Esa Parmborg has actually enjoyed the time off. After a busy season and deep playoff run for the rookie who helped the Dragons win the Challenge Cup in season 50, he got back to his roots and spent some time steelhead fishing. He took a trip with a few buddies to one of his favorite steelhead rivers and spent a week straight standing in the river doing one of the things he loves most in the world, fly fishing for steelhead. He caught some nice fish on his home-tied flies and relaxed in nature while having a lot of laughs with his friends. He of course ate well at night, everyone brought a meal but Parmborg chose to eat the same thing every night, you guessed it.. chicken parm. 5 straight days spent fishing from dawn til dusk followed by eating pounds of chicken parm at night and sitting in a recliner was just what the doctor ordered for the 7' 350 pound Esa Parmborg. He returned to the team on Sunday refreshed and ready to help defend the challenge cup in season 51.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

During the lockout Aaron Wilson decided to improve his passing skills.

Nobody knows whether Wilson is good at passing because literally no one has seen him attempt a single pass. His teammates hate playing on his line because all he does is shoot. It doesn't matter if he's in the defensive or the offensive zone, every time he touches the puck he sends it towards the opposite net. Last season Aaron averaged 80 shot attempts per game, 27 shots on goal and 3 goals per game, totaling 4000 shot attempts, 1350 shots on goal and 150 goals in 50 games played.

However, after people started calling him one-dimensional he decided to prove that he can be a complete player. It was quite a struggle, not only Wilson couldn't make a tape to tape pass for the life of him, he tried to shoot the puck instead of passing, purely out of habit.

But after 3 months of training Wilson reportedly managed to raise his pass completion % to an acceptable level, let's see if he can make a successful pass in an actual game.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Getting a phone call from your agent stating that the SHL season isn't going to be starting on time and could be put off for quite some time is never something anyone wants to hear. Fans? Sad. Players? Sad. League as a whole? Sad. For the Panthers Hiro Fujikawa, he was very sad. Over the off-season, he's kept extremely busy with the training sides of things and stated at the end of his year last year that he was going to come back bigger and better than before. It's been rumoured that he trained with a lot of ex-SHL top dogs and even had a little visit from a lot of the old players from his agency. HOF player, Magnus Jakobsen, stated that he'd like to spend more time with Fujikawa to remind him how great the league can be when you're a really good player.

"Maggy just came to help work out, work out himself and show ways that he trained to help evolve my game. Diversity is always something I've loved during my career and is something I want to be as a player. I don't want to be a one trick pony. I want to be a many trick pony and be able to get things done in so many ways.

200+ words thnx

[Image: ThdtxoF.png]

|| Fujikawa Player Page || Update Page ||

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Yoshimitsu looked up at the orange skies, noticing the threat. He was in his full traditional ninja garb, his wooden helmet covering his entire head bar his eyes and his mouth. His surroundings soon changed, the walls of a destroyed church were now nothingness. The ornate floor, the one that depicted all sorts of patterns was now the hot mix of rocks and lava. The threat in question was now taking shape, an armour of bones with a skeletal-like beast inside.

The ninja pulled out his sword with his right hand, holding it upwards. "Evil spirit, begone!"

The terror, only known as the catastrophe, had finally revealed itself and Yoshimitsu dashed forward, delivering a forward slash, passing by the beast, following it up with a kick to the temple. The beast reeled from the kick, only to be intercepted by a series of horizontal slashes while Yoshimitsu spun in place. As the ninja fell to the floor from dizziness, the beast tried to strike against his head, only to miss due to his falling down. He disappeared in a cloud of smoke, fully shoving his sword inside the beast's head. He quickly stepped back, watching as the beast blew up, sending his sword back to him in the process.

The beast's sword laid alone on the floor of the cathedral. Yoshimitsu looked at it, sensing its' evil power.

His phantom blade spoke to him. "No mercy for the flame, the deceiver of souls!"
Yoshimitsu grounded the cursed blade to dust and in time became a benevolent bandit.
His group travelled through the lands to help the poor.
And upon the hearts and minds of the people, his noble deeds were engraved to this very day.

"And that, kids, is why I chose to teach you all Kendo while the season doesn't start." Yoshimitsu McCloud said with a smile, dressed in a traditional kimono. He had signed up to be a special teacher at the local Kendo school, with the caveat that they allowed children in need to attend and fully support them there. "For the goodwill of one can make so many get to experience a better life."

Quote:Words: 384

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 09:29 PM by Ferda.)

The boys, Budgie @toirekari, Sammy @golden_apricot and Danny @dylanjj37 and I decided it was a good time to hit the lakes for some fishing to see what we could get. We brought some of the latest and greatest from SHLKush.com using promo code WANG20 for 20% off our first order along with some (not just some, lets be honest) brews with us along the way. I'll be honest, I couldn't remember anything that happened but I ended up catching a big one as you can tell from this photo of me. We also pushed Sammy into the middle of every lake we went to because that's only part of his punishment for committing high treason against the Armada for Gabe Johnson @Gwdjohnson and the CHEATMILTON CHEATHAWKS. Yeah, we also made him swim all the way back to the boat each time because that isn't even close to being enough to re-pay us for his sins. The lockout has been great because we've spent the last couple of months hazing Sammy and it'll only get worse from here until we all hit the big show and get to beat him up every game.

[Image: lIgQ5z9.jpg]

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

After the disappointing season in S50, I was itching to get back on the ice. I know this season is gonna be better, and I'm excited to see it unfold. BUT now we've got this delay and it STINKS. I've spent years and years of my life working on my passing. Trying to be an elite playmaker. Trying to set up my mfing homies to get them goals and, in turn, get them laid! But now the buzz around the league is that passing is bad. Not just neutral, but bad!!! no wonder i've sucked ever since cracking the ice in the SHL for the Wolfpack lmao. Hey, at least we can attribute it to a cause now! I have a feeling this season will bring more of the same for me on the ol' third line, but I also have a feeling that things may start turning around for me maybe.... S52? S53? It's coming :eyes: and i'll be ready for it. Until then, I'll just sulk in the locker room until this lockout is over

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Alexei spent a good chunk of the offseason playing mediocrely for Team Russia in the IIHF tournament and playing somewhat decently in the WJC up to this point and is on the drive for medal contention. Mostly Alexei has spent the time alongside fellow Kraken hazing the new draftees and taking them on wild adventures into the wilderness of Carolina and causing some permanent damage to their psyches in the name of team morale. Other than that Alexei is just skating, drinking, and eating with a rotating order depending on the day. Though with the preseason upon us he has gotten back into form so no more stacks of hushpuppies and BBQ and back to a fitness routine that is more befitting a professional athlete. Not to say he doesn’t still sneak out for some BBQ after the occasional late practice, but he is much more subtle about it. Looking forward to another season where the Kraken can be a dominate force.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

After 10000 years of existence Vorian is used to waiting. But with his new found passion of playing hockey, the wait for the new season suddenly is very wrong. The wait is basically driving him insane.
This causes him to try the weirdest of things, he bought a tyrannosaur suit and tried different activities while wearing this. After all, there were no Raptor suits available.
Vorian Atreides tried to skate while wearing the suit, as you can see, this was not a big success:

[Image: giphy.gif]

He bought First-Name Last-Name also a suit and they decided to go fishing. As you can see, it was unfortunately too cold for that:

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76117bf9c03209234c431b...=giphy.gif]

So since both skating and fishing didn’t turn out well. He finally found the perfect way to spend his time. It turned out tyrannosaurus suits are perfectly suited for horse soccer. While this sport is not known yet worldwide, I think Vorian has started a trend after sharing the following video of him playing it on his Instagram

[Image: 650da8d6f280b5abaff98b5111086cbb.gif]

@gurbs tag for your mention Smile

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)