Create Account

Incentive to Recreate Instead of Harsher Regression

Regression actually affects the more active members here, as a player with 1400 TPE, and a player with 700 TPE losing 10% of their TPE in a season means that the 1400 TPE player loses 140 TPE, and the 700 TPE player, only loses 70 TPE.

So the regression scale is still catering the semi-active members, and becomes very harsh for the members who put their time into the league to make a good player.

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 9 2014, 02:01 PM

I'm not saying it's a problem, I'm saying that a player who's not been here for 10 seasons at the least, and is 15 seasons old shouldn't have that much TPE.  It just goes to show how easy it is to earn TPE... Which is the problem imo.
well its because the % late in your career doesnt really effect you when you have such a low amount of TPE

20% of 300 is 50…and 20% is the max (not sure what year that comes in)

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Nov 9 2014, 02:02 PM
Regression actually affects the more active members here, as a player with 1400 TPE, and a player with 700 TPE losing 10% of their TPE in a season means that the 1400 TPE player loses 140 TPE, and the 700 TPE player, only loses 70 TPE.

So the regression scale is still catering the semi-active members, and becomes very harsh for the members who put their time into the league to make a good player.
^

and you guys wants to make it more harsh which will only make the semi-actives benefit even more.
smh smh

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Nov 9 2014, 02:02 PM

Regression needs to be a number not a percentage in my opinion. 40TPE first season of regression, 60 TPE 2nd season, 80 TPE 3rd season, 100TPE 4th season and then drop down from there on out because once you lose 280 TPE you're likely lost your role as it is, with 150 TPE being the minimum you can go. Catering to semi-actives is wrong.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 9 2014, 02:04 PM

Regression needs to be a number not a percentage in my opinion. 40TPE first season of regression, 60 TPE 2nd season, 80 TPE 3rd season, 100TPE 4th season and then drop down from there on out because once you lose 280 TPE you're likely lost your role as it is, with 150 TPE being the minimum you can go. Catering to semi-actives is wrong.
that would be fine with me actually.
i was under the impression people wanted the %'s to increase.

so were arguing over nothing Smile)

Maybe set the regression as just a number not a percent of a number for example, maybe first year regression can be only 40 TPE lose. Then the next two regressions are 80 then the the next two 120 then from there 180. This will keep players who work hard around longer than the ones who don't and it is still taking away the same amount of TPE from active players and the same from the inactive or semi active.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Shit Maxy and I were pretty much on the same page for that Smile) btw I just put random numbers to shown differences

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Nov 9 2014, 02:05 PM

that would be fine with me actually.
i was under the impression people wanted the %'s to increase.

so were arguing over nothing Smile)
We do that quite often Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by ByrdeMan@Nov 9 2014, 02:06 PM
Shit Maxy and I were pretty much on the same page for that Smile) btw I just put random numbers to shown differences
Smile) I got deja vu for a second when reading your post like... Damn I think I've seen this before

A harsh regression system penalizes the people who are putting in the time and effort, and really doesn't make a difference for semi-actives, because they clearly don't care that much anyway.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Nov 9 2014, 02:08 PM
A harsh regression system penalizes the people who are putting in the time and effort, and really doesn't make a difference for semi-actives, because they clearly don't care that much anyway.
if it is a set number for everyone tho, its fair.
i was against raising percentages because it slowly brings the actives into the same realm as the semi-active

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Nov 9 2014, 02:09 PM

i was against raising percentages because it slowly brings the actives into the same realm as the semi-active

Yeah just the read the number idea, I'd be happy with that.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Nov 9 2014, 02:09 PM

Yeahthat

Maybe it shouldn't be a percentage, but instead a fixed amount?

nm late to the party

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Yup Maxy and I settled that brojo Smile)