Create Account

S33 - SHL Playoff Index

We're live for Game 2 of Rd 2.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by jRuutu@Mar 19 2017, 01:47 PM

I demand an update!

How much time it actually saves? We just had at least 24 hour break between round 1 and two, why not update the teams then?

The teams who have more complete players are the ones who are going to benefit from this more than the teams who have younger players. = Surprises are less likely to happen.
It saves roughly a day.

So here's how updating between rounds goes. Step one, the round ends and I have a bit of a delay. Step two, I notify the updaters to have updates in by a certain date/time, which I have to measure based on if I believe the PBPs will be done quickly enough to notify which teams need updated out of schedule and which ones to leave, as it would be spoiling and illegal under our rules for me to tell updaters who to update. Step three, I then have to set aside a time within my day to do the updates. Sure, it may not be much with just 4 teams, but you have to assess my situation separately from yours. You may have time, but for me, the weekend is my time and during the week I have no time. I work M-F currently, and then I have Saturdays and Sundays jampacked with plans as to make up for the week and to see family and friends. I set aside specific times to accommodate for this, and I'd have to establish extra time for updates, and for doing updates that may not have been done by the deadline.

So to you, it doesn't seem like much to do it and it seems like it could affect a lot. But to me, it takes a good bit to do it, and it doesn't actually affect much as it's mostly middling to low TPE updates where one or two attributes are actually affected by the change and those may throw a player out of whack anyway. At least this way, the GMs know their lines and know what they're working with and can also plan for that.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.

Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Moosejaw Boudreau with 36 seconds of ice time.. Game winner.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Mar 20 2017, 12:28 AM
Moosejaw Boudreau with 36 seconds of ice time.. Game winner.

Get on that number retirement tbh

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

HIS NAME IS MOOSEJAW

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mook@Mar 19 2017, 05:08 PM

Last season I think there was 3 days between rounds or something ridiculous like that. Playoffs lasted 3 weeks which was unreal. If it is possible to do the updates in a 24-36 hour period then I'd love to see players updated each round, i know the younger newer players would like to see it as well.

Updating out of schedule is a tricky task, especially if there are 2 rounds in a week. Lots of co-ordination needed between updaters, teams and simmer, and can possibly just open a big can of worms with it happening in such a short period of time.

Also, an update has the possibility to screw your player over, maybe that extra point in skating skews your ratios and now your players production is out the window or ruins your chemistry with your linemates and the GM needs to scramble to figure out a new spot for you in the lineup
I want my skating to 94 god damn Angry

But yea, I get that it can be tricky to get the updaters to come in during Thursday for example if they usually do the stuff during the weekend, but then again, these are the playoffs, all the resources in updating should be focused on the teams that are still playing and get them updated between rounds.

Cant remember the exact sim schedule in the past, but I like the current one, seems like it´s faster than in the past!

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Mar 19 2017, 11:15 PM

It saves roughly a day.

So here's how updating between rounds goes. Step one, the round ends and I have a bit of a delay. Step two, I notify the updaters to have updates in by a certain date/time, which I have to measure based on if I believe the PBPs will be done quickly enough to notify which teams need updated out of schedule and which ones to leave, as it would be spoiling and illegal under our rules for me to tell updaters who to update. Step three, I then have to set aside a time within my day to do the updates. Sure, it may not be much with just 4 teams, but you have to assess my situation separately from yours. You may have time, but for me, the weekend is my time and during the week I have no time. I work M-F currently, and then I have Saturdays and Sundays jampacked with plans as to make up for the week and to see family and friends. I set aside specific times to accommodate for this, and I'd have to establish extra time for updates, and for doing updates that may not have been done by the deadline.

So to you, it doesn't seem like much to do it and it seems like it could affect a lot. But to me, it takes a good bit to do it, and it doesn't actually affect much as it's mostly middling to low TPE updates where one or two attributes are actually affected by the change and those may throw a player out of whack anyway. At least this way, the GMs know their lines and know what they're working with and can also plan for that.
I understand that it´s a job to get the teams updated and the updates into the sim, but I think it´s just a bad decision to stop adding updates in during the playoffs. I worked ´hard´ to get my player slightly better from last week, I want to see that in the round 2.

I don´t know what would be the best system to get the updaters come in and update the teams in the playoffs between rounds, other than just hiring people who can do it on Wednesday or something like that. If you would have asked from me on Saturday for example, do you want to start second round tomorrow on Sunday, but without the latest updates or wait until Monday or even Tuesday to get the latest updates in? I would have gladly waited until Monday/Tuesday.

Power of being in the playoffs I guess Tongue, I cant feel pain anymore, I have missed the playoffs multiple times in the past and waited.

If we are not getting updates during playoffs anymore, I´m not too interested in updating my player until next season starts. That means a bigger update with a lot more room for errors and more work for you and the updaters for pre-season/regular season updates.

We're live for Game 3.

Dragonite Dragonite Dragonite

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

No that's not right

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Stars Stars Stars Stars Stars

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Stars

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Eriksson is going full beast mode

Quote:Originally posted by Mark H@Mar 20 2017, 08:56 AM
Eriksson is going full beast mode
You're fucking beast mode! Woooooo​!