Create Account

S36 Championship Week

TASK ONE:
I'm the new coach of the Minnesota Chiefs! They had a good run, but clearly the lines were not up to snuff, so it is time to change things up and get them back on track. First thing, the top line is going to be filled with defensemen. Garbanzo will start at center, with Hamalainen and Caelum on either side of him. That would surprise the hell out of the opponents, and they wouldn't know what to do! Plus with Flacko and Koroviev as the top defensive pairing would lead to better offense because they would be able to rush end to end with it and score all the goals. After that, I would probably jumble up the rest of the players, because with that set of players you really don't need anyone else, especially in this configuration. Only thing is Thorstein would need to play on the fourth line, because he is just not good enough to handle the playoff pressure. Not because he isn't talented, but he sometimes gets drunk before games and has no idea where he is going.

TASK TWO:
Alonzo Garbanzo is the unsung hero, and he is especially unsung because he was eliminated from the playoffs! 12 assists in 13 games is incredible, plus his 39 hits is among the best in the league (at least among defensemen). He also blocked a ton of shots, and was the only reason the Chiefs were able to get out of that first round intact. If not for his teammates failing him in the second round, they are likely the Challenge Cup champs right now. Other than that, there isn't a single player who did better in the intangibles, and as far as leadership is concerned he is the greatest leader in the SHL not wearing a letter at this point. So many will say that him not even making the finals is a knock on him, but the experts know better. But with the lying media they aren't allowed to mention it because others will be championing the guys like Allen or Clayton or something. But they are wrong, and one day people will know how great Garbanzo was in the playoffs of S36.

TASK THREE:
Right now the Renegades have the edge over the Wolfpack. It is pretty simple. Right now they have four wins at the moment, which I am pretty sure is all you need in the finals to win the cup, so the Wolfpack don't really have a chance right now, unless there is some rule that gets them the win. The biggest factor in this right now will be if any of the Renegades were doping, particularly Vader, since I think he is lying about that force thing. If he is doping up, it is possible the Wolfpack will be able to win it all, and there is a chance that is the case. But without that factor, the Wolfpack have a 0% chance. You can quote me on that. In fact, you can just outright say now that the Renegades are going to 100% win it without any complications because that is how confident I am in their 4 wins being enough to win it all.

TASK FOUR:
The SHL is hosting a charity event at Caesars Palace in Vegas to support a new team there. Why the New England Wolfpack and Texas Renegades are there is anyone's guess, but we are just going to assume that they really like hockey teams in new places or want to gamble a lot and need an excuse to go to Vegas during the regular season. I don't know, I just write what they tell me. Jasper Clayton was begrudingly there, as were Maino Makinen and Miko Laukkenen, a trio of stars who represented the Wolfpack's best as they mingled with the guests who were donating money. Lord Vader was the head of the water dunking competition (of course someone evil would do that), and Geoffrey Allen mingled with the rich VIPs in order to get their money for the charity. After that Vladimir Lidstrom was seen in the corner not conversing with anyone because he really really didn't want to be there.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.

I would rearrange Winnipeg's lines just a bit. Honestly, I wouldn't do much to the forwards other than possibly a strat change, since offensively, they did their duty in the first round. None of the games were particularly low-scoring on Winnipeg's part, therefore I wouldn't want to mess up that chemistry.

Jason Visser-Zach Evans-Don Pellegrino
Luke Fleming-Corey Bearss-Patrick Brumm
Jason Visser-Zach Evans-Don Pellegrino
Luke Fleming-Corey Bearss-Patrick Brumm

I find it ridiculous that this entire forward lineup only comprises six players, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, onto the defenders!

With the amount of goals that Winnipeg gave up in this series to lose the last four games, I would want to create a much more defensive lineup on the blueline. For starters, I'd stagger the pairings a bit in order to put one major physical player on the top line to retrieve possession via checking from first-line puck carriers. Additionally, I'd want to stagger talent levels so that second and third-line scorers that are "looking for good matchups" (especially on Texas) are easily overpowered.

Big Manious-Scott Robertson
Max Weber-Rembrandt Q. Einstein
Isaac Cormier-Hale-Max Weber
Big Manious-Alek Koivu

Code:
Word count: ~160.
TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.

In my opinion, the unsung hero of the playoffs is Texas goaltender Georgette Pel. Though her statistics on paper are relatively unremarkable (other than the fact that in three full rounds of the playoffs, she only put up 3 L's on her way to the cup), her story in these playoffs goes beyond simple statistics. Yes, she put up 12 wins with a 0.896 SV%, but five of those wins were 1-goal games. In fact, four of those 1-goal wins were in the Winnipeg series, where Pel almost singlehandedly turned the momentum of her team around after two losses. If it hadn't been for Pel's solidity in net, the Renegades would likely not have made it out of Winnipeg. As the playoffs progressed, her momentum increased and so did Texas'. In their wins in the finals, Pel was able to keep scores low and stable enough to allow Texas' front-loaded firepower to run rampant on ice, putting up three separate 5 goal games. The security that Pel offered the Renegades is a large part of the reason that they ultimately won.

Code:
Word count: 181.

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.

This series will absolutely come down to goaltending. New England's history gives them the edge, as they have shown consistently that their depth wins them cups. However, Texas's goaltender, Georgette Pel, has been on an absolute tear this season. If she can hold off the Wolfpack's firepower on net long enough, Texas' offense is more than capable of earning the team a Challenge Cup. With such big-name forwards as Geoffrey Allen and Conklin Owen on their top lines, Texas shouldn't have any problem putting pucks behind the Wolfpack's defense. Mikke Laukkanen has proven time and time again that he has what it takes to keep the Wolfpack strong, but he's going up against a goaltender with a lot of momentum and a charged team in front of her. The Wolfpack are going to have to put up a lot of shots on Pel's net to back Laukkanen up, because if the series falls to close games and goaltender battles, her energy might just be enough to secure the Renegades their Cup.

Code:
Word count: 171.

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.

This offseason, the SHL is promoting unity through charity events, and what better rivalry to choose to join than that of the most recent Challenge Cup winners and their dynasty rivals? The New England Wolfpack and the Toronto North Stars will be hosting a outdoor gala in order to raise funding for Shatterproof, a charity that promotes education and treatment for addiction. Both New England Wolfpack GM Rainbow Dash and Toronto North Stars player-coach Robb Wind have dealt with addiction in the past, with borderline unhealthy loves for My Little Pony and Shiba Inus respectively. Their attendance and promotion of this event is crucial to its success. There will be many enjoyable events, such as ice sculpting and pony riding. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet some of your favorite SHL players! Enjoy the tension when former Wolfpack player Chris Crutchfield is reunited with his former teammates as a new member of the North Stars. Dance the night away with the North Stars' Cynthia Taylor, and watch as Wolfpack winger Patrikov Bure glares at you the entire night. Enjoy a freshly made waffle from Wolfpack young gun Dieter Dominique, who will be a part of the evening's catering feature. Get a proper lesson on drinking winter drinks from Russian legend Roman Morenov. The possibilities are endless at this gala!

Code:
Word count: 220.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

TASK ONE: You’re the coach of one of the teams in the playoffs! At least you’d like to think you are. Come up with a new set of lines for one of the teams eliminated in the playoffs, and explain why you made the choices you did. Must be at least 150 words.
I'll do some rejiggering of the Falcons lineup that I think could have helped make a difference. Our defensive depth is pretty ridiculous, so I think it makes sense to stick with Hefeweizen and Richter as our top pairing, with Turska and Strathairn in the second pairing. This is a Nashville Predators esque top 4 that I think could be on the ice for more than 2/3 of the game and stifle the other team. Our problem has been, and continues to be, goals up front. I think that the sim engine doesn't reward depth the way we think of it in real life, so I'd probably stack the top two lines as much as possible, and even double shift where appropriate. This means having Walkerand Victorsson on the top line, and trying to spread the center "depth" down the middle to rely hard on an overwhelming star cast. I think this could work, and would look like this:

Michael Walker - Francesco Bellucci - Mathis Victorsson
Vijanupatan Singh- Maurizio Arrivabene - Jurgis Bulota
Kevin Marks - Timmy Barlow - Tommy Barlow
Alexander McKinley - Tommy McMahon - Michael Walker

Karl Heifeweizen - Ryan Richter
Ben Turska - Ryan Strathairn
Dwong Ho - Hans Oldrich
Ben Turska - Karl Heifeweizen

Evgeni Marmaladov
Blowjob Jesus Jr.

[160 words]

TASK TWO: Who is your choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs up to this point? Must be at least 150 words and include at least two statistics in support.
I'm going to have to cast a vote for Falcon Ryan Strathairn. I'm absolutely floored by what we got out of this trade with Montreal, namely that we were able to add a pretty solid anchor to our blue line and give us even more defensive depth. This is a guy who was tied for 2nd in the playoff scoring race, as a defenseman, with 14 points. That doesn't seem too shabby when you consider that we didn't even make it to the finals! 14 points in 12 games is impressive in its own right, but it's also more impressive when you consider that he was on our 2nd pairing and averaged about 22 minutes per game, with only 2 of those points coming on the powerplay. I think there were a lot of unsung heroes in this postseason, but I have to applaud someone who's able to make a consistent difference in every game despite being considered a "2nd liner." This is the sort of thing that makes a team pretty intimidating come postseason games: depth.
[177 words]

TASK THREE: Who has the edge, New England or Texas? What (or who) will be the biggest factor for one team to triumph over the other? Must be at least 150 words.
I think when you have two high powered teams like these, you have to look at a handful of the intangibles that we always hear commentators bullshitting about: depth, experience, and goaltending. I think there's a lot of veterans on the New England squad that know their way around their strengths, weaknesses, and more importantly how to gel as a team in terms of lineups and tactics. That being said, the Texas Renegades squad isn't exactly a bunch of newbies either. In their own right, they've posted a pretty spectacular season (and post season) to date. That success has come largely on the back of their goaltender, Georgette Pel. We all know what they say about the playoffs: you need good goaltending to win. I have a feeling that if one of the goalies hits a hot streak, it may tilt the ice in a way that no level of experience or coaching can can overcome.

[156 words]

TASK FOUR: The SHL is hosting a charity event including members of both teams from a series during this postseason. Describe how this teamwork event would go in a minimum of 150 words. Must include three player names from each team, the name of a charity and at least one activity.
The SHL is going to look to a lot of up and comers to help grow the game over the course of the upcoming season. A charity event will be hosted between the Winnipeg Jets and the Hamilton Steelhawks to benefit Doctors Without Borders. Raising awareness of the game is one thing, but raising awareness of what is considered to be one of the largest, and most efficiently run charities is more important. Doctors Without Borders is designed to allow doctors in developed countries to bring their expertise to less developed countries who lack the resources and infrastructure to supply the elevated level of medical care they need. The SHL is focusing on engaging rising young stars in the effort, who will host a $5,000 per plate banquet. From the Winnipeg Jets, youngsters Karl Hefeweizen and Vijanupatan Singh will be flanking their "hockey dad", Zach Evans at the head table. They will be joined by rising stars Nour Harrak and Mathias Victorsson from the Steelhawks. Of course, no Steelhawks event would be complete without stud defensive prospect Oliver König, who will be the guest of honor.

[186 words]

Task 1 -

The Minnesota Chiefs, pretty much the poster child for playing everyone over 25 minutes per game somehow. So what would their team look like with normal hockey lines? It's obvious that they're taking some type of performance enhancing drug to avoid becoming fatigued, but let's pretend that the pharma co. increased their pricing by 8,000% or something.

Terrance Nova - Lord Pretty Flacko - Halfdan Thorstein
Flacko is one of the best players the SHL has ever seen, Nova is one of the brightest up and coming stars in the SHL today, and Thorstein is no slouch either, The Norseman is rewarded for his hard work by playing on the top line

Yuriy Starkanov - Derrick Glover - Ivan Koroviev
A couple of talented young players paired up with the teams recent big acquisition.

Francesco Belluci - Eric Pelletier - Cam Ouellette
Very solid prospects, We're going with the kid line! Ouellette could be a strong contributor right out of the gate.

Lochlann O'Rourke - Eugene Feist - Scotty Steele
grinding it out for 7-9 minutes per game. Steele may have some untapped potential.

Defense

Alonzo Garbanzo - Noctis Collum
Garbanzo is among the best defenseman of all time. Collum continues to develop into an elite defenseman.

Veli Kaalinpaa - Euro Hamalainen
Kaalinpaa was a number 1 overall selection and had a ton of potential, Hamalainen is one of the best young defenseman in the league.

Clayton Goode - Isak Odegaard
Odegaard is thrown right into the fire but I think he has the talent to succeed.

Goalie

Robert Anderson
G.O.A.T.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task 2-

One of the unsung heroes for the Texas Renegades was winger Zanarkand Abes. Abes isn't the player that you will see in the headlines that often, however he played a very important role for the Renegades during their cup run. Zanarkand was a offensive contributor for the Renegades down the stretch. The young Japanese prodigy scored 4 goals and added 4 assists during Texas' run to the Challenge Cup. Abes' does a lot more than just contribute offensively, Zanarkand manages to piss off opposing players despite not playing a physical style. Teams can not concentrate due to Abes being out on the ice. Abes was hit and maintained puck control on 14 occasions! This is unnnnbelievable! While he may irritate the shit out of opposing players, Zanarkands teammates love him. Abes is a heart and sole type of player and one that is a very important reason the Renegades are the SHL Champions. This may not be the last time you see Zanarkand Abes' name written on the cup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

TASK ONE:

-The Texas Renegades playoff lines make absolutely no sense to me. They'll likely get knocked out in the first round to the Winnipeg Jets and they'll have only coach JP to blame for it. If I was the coach, which I should be, my lines would look like this...

Zanarkand Abes - Jack Durden - Liam Kinsler
Adam Falk - Sven Karlsson - Conklin Owen
Vasily Horvat - Beau Bent - Rick James
Zanarkand Abe - Jack Durden - Liam Kinsler

Vladimir Lidstrom - Lord Vader
Winston Windsor - Cody Black
Vladimir Lidstrom - Lord Vader
Winston Windsor - Adam Kaiser

Geoffrey Allen has no place in the lineup. Benching that dude is step one to reaching and winning the Challenge Cup. How the fuck does JP think playing him first line and benching the CAPTAIN Liam Winsler will be beneficial? Unbelievable. With Abes and Kins on the first line theres really no line in hockey that can match up. The only lines don't even matter because that line will just carry us with 5+ goals every game.

TASK TWO:

- The unsung hero for the S36 playoffs was without a doubt the Legend Liam Winsler. Kins, as the Renegades and their fans call him, has been with the team since season 20. He's the captain and the soul of the Renegades and one of the greatest players in team history. Kins may have only had 1 goal and 2 assists, but he did that in only 21 minutes of play. Some guys get 21 minutes a game and they sure as shit don't average 3 points a game. He was also a +5 in those 21 minutes. His points per 20 was a whopping 2.80. He arguably played the greatest 21 minutes in SHL playoff history. Those 21 minutes are the main reason the Renegades won their first Challenge Cup since season 21. Without Kins efficient play and unquestioned leadership the Renegades would have been in a world of trouble.

TASK THREE:

- The New England Wolfpack clearly have the edge over the Texas Renegades. The Renegades are lucky to have even gotten this far if were being honest with each other. They have Jack Durden sure. but that's about it. The Wolfpack's high end talent is far better than Texas. The Renegades don't have anyone to match up with players like Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing, Maino Makinen, Dieter Dominique, Toivo Kosonen and Jasper Clayton. They also have a massive advantage in net with Mikke Laukkanen. Georgette Pel is a solid goaltender, but she cant compare to Laukkanen. The Renegades have been healthy scratching their leader and best player Liam Kinsler. Somehow that has not come back to bite them in the ass yet, but bet that it will. You cant sit your best player all playoffs and expect to win a Challenge Cup. They also have a bunch of chokers so you have to factor that in.

As the newly appointed coach of the Minnesota Chiefs, I have come up with a new set of lines, that I believe can get us our long-awaited challenge cup. The lines are as follows:

Koroviev – Flacko – Nova
Starkonov - Glover – Thorstein
Ouellette – Feist - O’Rourke
Koroviev – Flacko – Nova

Garbonzo – Caelum
Hamalainen – Kaalinpaa
Crawford – Odegard

Andersson

In summary, I would go with a front loaded top line. All of our best forwards on the first line, with the second line being full of secondary scorers. Then on the third line I would have the addition of Cam Oullette. On defense, I would again put our best two players on the first unit, and have a pretty strong second unit to go along with it. The third pairing would be a couple of young guns that get limited minutes. Odegard and Oullette would be callups from the SMJHL, to ease the minutes that our top players have been playing, and gain some playoff experience.

The Minnesota Chiefs and the New England Wolfpack are hosting a charity event for sick kid’s hospitals all around Canada, and the United States. A 3-on-3 road hockey tournament is being held, with players from both teams being coaches of youth hockey teams. Kids of ages 13, 14, 15, and 16 are allowed to enter teams into the tournament, with their being 32 teams total. Each series will be a best-of-3, with the winner advancing to the next round, until 1 team is left standing. Notable teams include the “Brave Bulldogs” coached by Terrance Nova, the “Dirty Danglers” coached by Noctis Caulum, the “Gritty Grinders” coached by Derrick Glover, the “Tropical Thundercats” coached by Jasper Clayton, the “Superduper Snipers” coached by Patrikov Bure, and the “Responsible Role Players” coached by Roman Morenev. All proceeds will be given to sick kids hospitals, and the winners of the tournament will be given front row tickets to game 7 of the series final game.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

I’ll be doing the Toronto North Stars lineup.

Damien Wert – Travis Kudleychuk – Chris York
Elias Lindstrom – Evandrus Jesster – Kristian Eriksson
Teddy Kesler – Dane Rowe – Reed Laing
Dakota Reid – Patrick Kilgore – Robb Wind

Cynthia Taylor – Chris Crutchfield
Zander Rhys – Marc-Andre Malkin
Jack Hansen – Kristoffer Ruud

I tried to balance out the scoring a bit more between lines, as well as match up passers with scorers. I would also probably try and balance out the playing time a bit more, in an attempt to let the best players perform as well as they can when they are on the ice. I would probably split the ice time 35/30/25/10 for the forwards and 40/40/10 for the defense. One other thing I tried to do was to get players into their actual positions. The main outliers being that Jesster and Kesler switched positions because Jesster is such a good face-off man, while Kesler is still young and developing.

My choice for unsung hero of the S36 playoffs would be Lord Vader. He might get overlooked a bit because he did not score any goals and he only ended up 9th in team scoring, but he is the defensive backbone of the Texas Renegades. Not only did he lead the Renegades in time on ice, averaging close to 29 minutes a game, but he also lead the entire league in minutes played, beating out Silverwing and Bure, both of whom played 2 more games than Lord Vader. Vader was also 3rd in the league in blocked shots, getting in front of a whopping 31 shots over the playoffs. His +5 rating also shows that the team was better off with him on the ice than without him. Playing heavy minutes, Lord Vader showed he could be relied upon in all situations, against all kinds of players and all kinds of teams.

It feels kind of weird to be writing this now that the playoffs are over, but I would have said that the New England Wolfpack had the edge going into the finals. One giant factor that the Wolfpack looked to have was in goaltending. Laukkanen is an elite goalie (arguably the best in the league), and he was playing lights out through the first 2 rounds. His play did not hold up in the finals and his numbers took a hit. The Texas Renegades are also a pretty top-heavy team at forward, while the New England Wolfpack have a bit more balanced scoring depth. The defense looked to be pretty even, with Mia Landvik leading one side and Lord Vader leading the other. Again though, Texas was pretty top-heavy, while New England had more balance in terms of playing time. Obviously none of this really matters, because Texas won, but these are just my superficial thoughts looking at the team rosters.

The SHL has announced a new charity event with the goal to raise money for children with learning disabilities and their participation in sports and physical activities. Working closely together with members from both the Toronto North Stars and New England Wolfpack, the SHL will host the event a week from today. The event will consist of a silent auction, with many items up for grabs including signed jerseys, hockey sticks, vacation packages, and much more. During the event there will be a catered dinner provided for all those who show up, as well as various presentations and speeches from important figures from the SHL and local charity owners and entrepreneurs. There will also be appearances from many famous players, such as Cynthia Taylor, Chris York, the rookie Elias Lindstrom, and prospect Jack Hansen from the North Stars, Mia Landvik, Spitfire, Patrikov Bure, and Mikke Laukkanen from the Wolfpack, among various other players and stars.

Code:
Task one 158 words

If I would have been the coach of the Buffalo Stampede, i would have tried to surprise my opponent with a special line tactic.

First Line would look like

Nicolas Winter - Jack Burton - Dickie Pecker

So why Decker first line? Because this line would play 100 % defense in a 0-5-0 with 35 % ice time.

Second line would look like

Eduard Selich - Maximilian Wächter - Vlad McZehrl

That would be Buffalos pure offensive line, Selich and McZehrl are natural goal scorers and Wächter would be the worker, goes deep in the corners and fight for the puck. 35% ice time and 0-0-5

Third line would look like

Viktor Vorkämpfer - David Benson - Zallerras Szlerchek

they would play with no special instructions, just play a light casual offensive game with 0-2-3 and 15% ice time

As fourth line I would bring back again the second line with the same instructions and 15% ice time.

Code:
Task two 163 words

One of the probably most unsung hero in this years playoffs is fucking Ricky James. He never was one of the big stars in the renegades roster or the big scorer and he does know that. But he is bleeding black and silver the Renegades are his home and he does all the hard and dirty work a team needs to be successful . The Renegades organization and also his teammates honor this work and named him an alternative captain year after year. But what does him make to this years unsung playoff hero? Because he plays this kind of game every year, of cores they won the cup. He lead his team in hits with 54 hits in 16 games. That are 3,5 hits every game. And the other thing is that he doesn't score much goals, but the goal he scores are important. He finished the playoffs with two goals scored and both have been game winning goals, fucking 100% amazing.

Code:
Task three 160 words

What better finale you could wish for yourself, the New England Wolfpack and the Texas Renegades, both teams with a lot of history and a deep rivalry.
The Texas Renegades have had the edge in the S36 Challenge Cup Finals and one of the main reasons they had it was how well the team is balanced.

The Renegades enter this series on a 8 game winning streak after sweeping one of the big favorites for the cup, the Calgary Dragons. And the Renegades didn't stop to dominate in the finales, they outscored the New England Wolfpack in game one and two. It wasn't easy to stop the Renegades offense, because if you shoot them down, you have had to go throw their defensive wall to score.
As we have seen it was only do able when the Wolfpack went all in and doesn't gave much credit to defense. It played out two times, but in the end it wasn't enough.

Code:
Task four 162 words

The SHL has asked the teams to do a little charity together before the playoffs starts. And of cores the teams answered the call and loved to do it. So the morning before the big game starts, the Minnesota Chiefs and the Buffalo Stampede invited to the "Take a hockey action picture with the stars" charity event. All the guest, doesn't matter if they are small or big, old or young, all could get a picture with the players in different hockey action situations. A picture after you scored a goal against Minnesota's top goalie Robert Andersson? Do a fancy move to go around Ludwig Koch Schröder, something he is used to from the league games. Be the guy between that tries to stop a fight from Alonzo Garbanzo against VLAD McZehrl? Or you just want to get a picture where you throw a big hit against Buffalos Maximilian Wächter? Give a small donation and you could take the picture you wanted.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

For me, it has to be Texas Renegades defenseman Lord Vader. He didn't put up a goal all playoffs, and was faced with mostly 2nd pairing duty, however he logged a ton of minutes, and was arguably their best defenseman. His +5 was 2nd among Renegades defense, to only Vladimir Lidstrom. He was 2nd for shot blocks, hits, and assists, and was tops in ice time per game. No other Texas defenseman but up the same kind of strong numbers across the board. Vader was key to Texas success in every situation, whereas his fellow defensemen were strong in some areas, which may draw more attention, but Vader could do everything.

That's why he's my unsung hero. Guys like Windsor or Kaiser might get more credit for putting up the flashy stats in the points column, Vader was more important. Perhaps most important to note, the primary assist on the overtime game winner to eliminate Calgary.

Code:
156 words

TASK FIVE: Create a graphic highlighting the starting lineup of one of the teams playing in the finals. Graphic must include names and positions for six players, as well as the team logo.

[Image: rD7uNd3.jpg]

TASK SIX: The Wolfpack and the Renegades are giving the first 5000 fans in the building a random rookie card from a player on the roster! Rookie card must include one player render, player name, team name, and team logo.

[Image: fkxDomc.jpg]

TASK EIGHT: Design the Championship Banner for the S36 Challenge Cup. Must include team logo, team name and at least one render.

[Image: R1PwoNT.jpg]

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Alright here's the lines I would've made for the Toronto North Stars:

Kudleychuk - Laing - Wert
Jesster - York - Eriksson
Rowe - Kesler - Lindstrom
Jesster - Eriksson - Laing

So the logic behind these forward lines is pretty straightforward. You're looking to kick some Wolfpack ass, and these lines will get it done. By double shifting Jesster onto line four you're providing a great center who can get it done in the limited extra ice time alongside Eriksson and Laing.

More importantly, here's the defense:

Rhys - Taylor
Malkin - Ruud
Taylor - Malkin

You know what's key here? No Crutchfield. <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>crutch</a> is a cursed and can't lift the cup. It's no fault of his, though - I heard that when he was a child he was cursed by a witch to live out his days without the opportunity to lift the cup over his head. By playing him throughout the series the Toronto North Stars doomed themselves to failure, just as the New England Wolfpack and the Los Angeles Panthers had done previously. Plus, do you remember who the Admirals acquired before the entire franchise went up in flames? He's cursed! Cursed I tell you!

For my unsung hero I'd have to go with one of the former commissioners of the SHL, Vladimir Lidstrom. While Lidstrom was once one of the greatest defenders in the league he's taken some steps back as regression has begun (and continued) to take its toll on him. In this past playoff series, he was held to just 15.56 minutes per game, almost nothing when compared to fellow Renegades defenders Vader (28.77), Windsor (27.53), Black (26.16), and Kaiser (23.13) - he's playing 8 minutes less than every other defender currently on Texas' roster. Despite that reduced role he still put up some pretty decent numbers, such as 16 shots blocked and a +7 to his name. While he's not the defender he used to be, Lidstrom is quietly showing that he's not done and gone just yet - and while he may be going mostly unnoticed, his name is one that SHL fans are going to want to keep in mind as they continue to watch this Renegades team move forward.

For New England to triumph over the Texas Renegades, they needed to be able to play to their depth more than Texas was able to play to their explosiveness. That's where the Renegades really shone - an explosive offensive system which leaned on featuring the top players more than it really looked to see numbers being put up by guys whose jerseys weren't top sellers throughout the season. In the end, New England wasn't able to contain this explosive offense for the first two games, and while they played a much better series as time went on it was too little, too late. Texas came out of the gates swinging and they were swinging hard, leaving New England floundering while trying to recover. Seeing these two teams match up against each other in future finals would certainly be interesting to see as they're extremely evenly matched despite having extremely different approaches to running out their teams on the ice.

The New England Wolfpack and the Texas Renegades are getting together to give a group of Make-A-Wish kids the experience of a lifetime. Three kids are being given the opportunity to suit up and play in a 5v5 scrimmage with members of the Wolfpack and the Renegades prior to the series' start. Slotted to play for the Renegades are Pel, Allen, and James while the other side of the ice will feature Laukkanen, Clayton, and Bure. These six kids will not only have the opportunity to play alongside these great players, but they and their families will be receiving tickets to attend Game 1 in Texas as the Wolfpack and Renegades face off to open the Challenge Cup Finals. Following the game, the six kids and their families will be brought down to the locker room where they'll have to chance to meet players from both franchises, as well as attend both coach's postgame press conferences.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Visser – Bearss – Pellegrino
Fleming – Burch – Brumm
Visser – Bearss – Pellegrino
Onoprienko – Elyk – Free

The Winnipeg Jets had a strong regular season, finishing just two points shy of Calgary in the battle for the Presidents’ Trophy and the first seed in the Western Conference. However, they fell to the eventual championship-winning Texas Renegades, losing in six games after taking a 2-0 lead in the series. In fact, all four of Texas’ wins in that series were by one goal over the Jets. So how do we solve that problem? By getting rid of a fucking scrublord.

As you’ll notice in these lines, there is no Zach Evans. “What?! He scored 28 goals in the regular season!” Yep! And he scored zero goals in the playoffs. Furthermore, Evans has an extended record of being fucking useless in elimination competition, dating back to his rookie season in Detroit (SMJHL) when he had, you guessed it, zero playoff goals. So kick him off the roster, let other people get his ice time, boom. Problem solved.

The unsung hero of the Season 36 playoffs was Texas Renegades forward Vasily Horvat. The Russian played on the third line, alongside Beau Bent and Zanarkand Abes. Despite the limited playing time, Horvat collected two goals and five assists during Texas’ 16 playoff games.

Perhaps just as importantly, Horvat was a strong two-way presence for the Renegades during his time on ice. Horvat blocked a pair of shots during the postseason, which doesn’t sound like a lot except when you consider this is Simon T, where even the shot-blockiest of defensive forwards are lucky to get more than 15 in a 50-game season. Add in Horvat’s 45 hits like a fucking madman and his positive plus/minus, and it’s easy to see how Horvat earned his keep on both ends of the ice.

Ultimately, the third line was crucial for the Renegades in their run to the Challenge Cup. Horvat lacks the name recognition and goal-scoring ability of his cohorts on that line, but was no less crucial to the line’s – and team’s – success.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

toy
[Image: unknown.png]

abmmer
[Image: unknown.png]

better lines

ronnie westbrook C ronnie westbrook RW ronnie westbrook LW

had the hamiliton steelhawks had this lineup they would have won the whole thing. ronnie westbrook is the best player in the shl. he likes to shoot the puck and score goals. unfortunately the steelhawks couldn't have used this because they only have one ronnie westbrook. i would like simon t to fix this bug. if someone knows how to speak french, could they ask simon t to fix this? actually, you probably won't, because it will make the steelhawks too unstoppable. plus, if this were real, the locker room would have twelve gooneys in it. ten plus two more. one gooney is already very good, could you imagine twelve times as many gooneys? that sounds like heaven. also you said teams in the playoffs and teams eliminated so this counts.

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

<div align="center">Winnipeg Jets

Jason Visser-Zach Evans-Corey Bearss

Max Weber-Scott Robertson
Big Manious-Rembrandt Q. Einstein
Isaac Cormier-Hale-Alek Koivu

Lukas Berger
Patrick Diehl</div>

<div align="center">A true lineup of strength. Boasting three of the bigger names to come out of the S31 draft. I believe this lineup is not too far from what their lineup was during the regular season but this one gives a bit more oomph. I feel like the real strength of the players on the team is on showcase in this lineup. Not only does it show off player strength but it shows off team depth. If you look at line two you can see the scoring touch of Zach Evans really meshes with the playmaking tools of Corey Bearss. Then if you look at the top line you get to see the extremely skilled Jason Visser and his scoring touch mesh with the playmaking of Corey Bearss. When you think everything is safe and you can relax a bit with the top two lines off the ice, BOOM!, you get the skillful passing touch of Corey Bearss driving the scoring from the brilliantly talented Evans and Visser. Don't get me started about line four. When a team can roll four lines this talented, well, there is no rest for the wicked.

The defense is solid with Max Weber on the top pairing. But I don't think the Winnipeg defense is as deep as the forwards. Obviously this is their weakness. I am thinking that if Winnipeg wants to make noise in the future they are going to need to focus on defenders in the future.
</div>

Winston Windsor would definitely be my pick for unsung hero. Sure his numbers were pretty great through the playoffs. But I would say that he played a great all-around game that propelled the Texas Renegades to the championship. His 32 blocked shots led the SHL during the playoffs and his big minutes while playing even plus/minus hockey allowed him to be a stabilizing force on the ice. While others certainly would get praise before Windsor, I still believe the aging defender is still a force in this league and someone that deserves to be recognized. Windsor definitely was a defining factor in the Texas Renegade's run to the cup and continues to have success wherever he goes. Truly an underrated player. His ability to set up the scorers of the Texas Renegades was invaluable to the team and his steady play in front of Georgette Pel helped the young goalie immensely.

Going into the series I would have said that both team were about even with each other. Though Texas had looked quite a bit more dominant throughout the playoffs. Now looking back on the finals I would say that the Texas team was the much more dominant team this season. While many wouldn't have expected them to be as dominant as they through the playoffs, they definitely proved everyone wrong with their strong offensive games and their solid defensively play. The New England team iced was very similar to the teams of the past but it looks like losing their leader in Russell has had some big impacts on the team in the biggest games of the season. Texas easily could continue to get better but with much of their team aging I believe they will not be as good as they were this year. But certainly for the S36 playoffs the Texas Renegades were the class of the league. Congratulations on mildly shocking the world!

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: Hlr0hLH.png]

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Code:
156 words

First Line
LW - Jed Lloren C - Jonathan Lundberg RW - Theo Kane 0-2-3
D - Viatcheslav Orlov D - Ty Justice 0-2-3

Second Line
LW - Kyle Kylrad C - Kian Hamilton RW - Trevor Wilson 0-0-5
D - Ryan Vas D - Caelan Fearghal 0-2-3

Third Line
LW - Cory Knouse C - Samee Iqbal RW - Teemu Sirius 0-2-3
D - Tommy Salami D - Alex Reed 0-3-2

A shake up for the Riot to try to increase performance throughout the team. Trevor Wilson and Kian Hamilton both move to the second line and operate on an all out offensive strategy. The top line sees Jed Lloren introduced and a more conservative strategy to complement the physical abilities of the forwards. Same Iqbal drops to the third line to provide a spark. The top two defensive lines see a change in pairings to try to generate extra chemistry, while the third defensive pairing plays safer.

Code:
153 words

My choice for the unsung hero of the S36 playoffs is Adam Falk of the Texas Renegades. He has been overshadowed heavily by some of his teammates, with Jack Durden and Geoffrey Allen's high scoring exploits grabbing all the headlines, Winston Windsor's stellar blue line play making people take notice, and Georgette Pel's excellent goaltending wowing the crowds. Falk has quietly gone under the radar, but his contributions have been massive for the Renegades. In his 16 games in the postseason, he has managed 16 points, good for a point per game pace. This has included 6 goals. Though his shooting percentage sits at only 8.33%, this shows that he has put the puck on net many times, and his quick shooting has helped to generate many second chance opportunities. He finished the playoffs as a +7 and only took 2 PIMs, showing his excellent play in all aspects of the game.

Code:
159 words

Many people would contend that New England have the deeper roster, and that Mikke Laukkanen is a better goaltender than Georgette Pel. While both of those could be argued to be true, I believe that the edge goes to the Renegades as they have greater top tier talent. Though players like Patrikov Bure, Raven Silverwing and Dieter Dominique are all playing very well at the minute, I would argue that there is no tandem in the league right now more explosive than Jack Durden and Geoffrey Allen. Both are playing at an elite level, and with the firepower they bring to the ice, they are going to give the Renegades a chance in every single game. Texas are also surprisingly deep, and the other talented players on the team, guys such as Adam Kaiser and Conklin Owen - to name a few - will complement the elite play of Durden and Allen. I believe those two will be the difference makers.

Code:
155 words

Prior to the Challenge Cup Finals, the SHL gathered players from the New England Wolfpack and the Texas Renegades to take part in a charity obstacle course. The event was in aid of the SHL Retired Player Fund, a charity set up to help former players in the SHL deal with the long lasting effects that can be had from playing the physical game of hockey. Jack Durden, Sven Karlsson, Cody Black and Winston Windsor were in attendance for the Renegades, and the Wolfpack had Toivo Kosonen, Mainio Makinen, Mikael Talo and Jasper Clayton representing them. The teams competed in a lengthy obstacle course with multiple hurdles, all of which required teamwork to get through. It was a close race, but the team from New England just pipped it at the end, securing bragging rights prior to the Finals. The event was a huge success, with over $250k earned for the charity on the night.

1 Michael Walker Timmy Barlow Tommy Barlow
2 Vijanupatan Singh Maurizio Arrivabene Francesco Bellucci
3 Kevin Marks Mathias Victorsson Jurgis Bulota
4 Alexander McKinley Heidi Aho Tommy McMahon

1 Ben Turska Karl Hefeweizen
2 Ryan Strathairn Ryan Richter
3 Dawong Ho Hans Oldrich
4 Ryan Strathairn Karl Hefeweizen

Evgenii Marmaladov
Blowjob Jesus Jr.

The Falcons lost against the best team in the SMJHL in 6 games. It was a weird series as both teams would score a lot of goal but some games, the Falcons offense were struggling and weren’t able to put the puck in the net. So I moved the Barlow’s bro in the first line with Michael Walker. I think they can disrupt the Robert Phelps’s line easily with their physicality. I moved Vijanupatan to second center because he’s better at winning faceoff than Mathias Victorsson. The second line will be our main offensive line and they will play with Ryan Richter, one of the best playmaker in the league and a shutdown defenfer, Ryan Strathairn. I moved Victorsson to the wing since this is his favorable position and Jurgis Bulota will be a great passer to him and Kevin Marks is a great all-round player and he has been playing well so far with Bulota.

In the S36 SMJHL Playoff, the #6 seed, the Detroit Falcons was able pull off an upset against the St Louis Scarecrows and went to game 6 against the best team. There was one player who stepped up during the playoff and it was Francesco Bellucci. He’s the unsung hero because he gave every fans and players in Detroit hopes. Hope that they really have a shot for the Four Star Cup. Francesco Bellucci scored 14 points in 12 games and he had 2 games winning goals. This was a big improvement if you compare those stats to his regular season which wasn’t great. He went crazy on the Whalers and Scarecrows defense and next season he will be way better against them. They weren’t able to take out the Whalers but they were very close to beat them. Good news for them, next season, the best players from Vancouver will leave while we will have the same group and they will get better overall.

I think Texas has an edge over New England, because at his level, Xander Green is not a top line winger. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a good player but not a great winger. He’s not on the same level as Adam Falk and Geoffrey Allen so it’s going to be a big challenge for him and his team. He played 20 minutes per game and he’s not scoring more than 10 points. The Renegades first line is very strong on defense. Durden, Falk and Allen are known to be shut down any offensive lines such as the Randleman’s line and the Visser’s line. Also, New England is giving a lot of ice time to their rookies, which isn’t a good idea against a team full of veteran’s stars players. I don’t think they are good enough to score or to defend against players who had been in the playoffs more than once.

TASK SEVEN: Design a team-branded kid's toy to give away at Game 1 of the finals! Submission must include an image recognizable as a toy and a team logo.

[Image: LNNdxDN.jpg]

[Image: capybar22_600.png]