Create Account

The New Update Scale Plans for Implementation

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Feb 17 2016, 11:04 AM
By the way, how is regression going to be handled? Knock regression stats by 5?

Season 11: *regression begins in the off season between 10 and 11* 10% TPE loss. Once they drop to [b]85
, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 85.
Season 12: *regression* 10% TPE loss.
Season 13: *regression* 10% TPE loss.
Season 14: *regression* 10% TPE loss.
Season 15: *regression* 15% TPE loss.
Season 16: *regression* 15% TPE loss.
Season 17: *regression* 15% TPE loss. Once they drop to 82, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 82.
Season 18: *regression* 18% TPE loss.
Season 19: *regression* 18% TPE loss.
Season 20: *regression* 18% TPE loss.
Season 21: *regression* 20% TPE loss. Once they drop to 80, all non-strength stats cannot be boosted beyond 80.[/b]

Yep that works

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

stupidest idea ever

Quote:Originally posted by R++@Feb 17 2016, 03:40 PM
stupidest idea ever
Please, do elaborate.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Feb 17 2016, 03:53 PM

Please, do elaborate.
Need to find the post from Schultz were we will never change the update scale

Okay, so i've been playing with builds and as a Centre it's a pain in the ass. I either have to be similar to a 3rd line centre with strong face-offs or an above average scoring centre with low face-offs. Because face-offs doesn't apply to everyone, is there something we can do to make faceoffs a little easier to increase? Obviously this is just a personal thought.

EDIT: Another thought, should we allow goalies to redistribute even if they're using the old format?

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RaiN@Feb 17 2016, 02:58 PM
Okay, so i've been playing with builds and as a Centre it's a pain in the ass. I either have to be similar to a 3rd line centre with strong face-offs or an above average scoring centre with low face-offs. Because face-offs doesn't apply to everyone, is there something we can do to make faceoffs a little easier to increase? Obviously this is just a personal thought.

EDIT: Another thought, should we allow goalies to redistribute even if they're using the old format?

What about checking for power forwards? Less prevalent but same concept imo. I have to sacrifice hit totals to be relevant on the first line, or I can keep the same ratio whole being a 3rd liner at best.

Basically, it's hard. Games are hard. Hooray!

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Feb 17 2016, 05:16 PM

What about checking for power forwards? Less prevalent but same concept imo. I have to sacrifice hit totals to be relevant on the first line, or I can keep the same ratio whole being a 3rd liner at best.

since when is this a game
I thought this was RP

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Feb 17 2016, 04:16 PM

Valid argument.

Thought for centers: they get double FO attributes for each level of the scale

40 - 60: 1 TPE = +2 FO
60 - 70: 2 TPE = +2 FO
70 - 80: 4 TPE = +2 FO
80 - 90: 8 TPE = +2 FO
90-99 (provided it's a strength): 12 TPE = +2 FO

This would allow centers to not have to put so many points into a skill which they should theoretically be better at than a winger. Should only allow people with C as primary position or secondary to do this, though

This also means if GMs want to put a different player on center, one who is not a 'natural' center, then it is risky, as it should be, because that player can either be good but bad at faceoffs or good at faceoffs and not as good as if he just played his wing.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

If we make changes for centers or any other positions we have to allow people to switch to accommodate. That said, the issue isn't as much about cheaper tpe as it is the max level, I believe (as someone acting as a center).

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Feb 17 2016, 03:10 PM
If we make changes for centers or any other positions we have to allow people to switch to accommodate. That said, the issue isn't as much about cheaper tpe as it is the max level, I believe (as someone acting as a center).

I hear ya, just throwing darts at the board, theoretically just everybody would choose center as their secondary position anyway haha

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Feb 17 2016, 04:13 PM

I hear ya, just throwing darts at the board, theoretically just everybody would choose center as their secondary position anyway haha

Maybe something can be done with the strengths? Perhaps a primary strength that is a little easier to upgrade or something? I'm just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Feb 17 2016, 05:03 PM
Thought for centers: they get double FO attributes for each level of the scale

40 - 60: 1 TPE = +2 FO
60 - 70: 2 TPE = +2 FO
70 - 80: 4 TPE = +2 FO
80 - 90: 8 TPE = +2 FO
90-99 (provided it's a strength): 12 TPE = +2 FO

This would allow centers to not have to put so many points into a skill which they should theoretically be better at than a winger. Should only allow people with C as primary position or secondary to do this, though

This also means if GMs want to put a different player on center, one who is not a 'natural' center, then it is risky, as it should be, because that player can either be good but bad at faceoffs or good at faceoffs and not as good as if he just played his wing.
Perhaps Centres already start with a higher TPE for face-offs to begin with? Maybe like 60 or something?

We could make FOs somehow easier (either cheaper or with a higher cap) but it can't be centers only unless we allow players to change position.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Feb 17 2016, 05:44 PM
We could make FOs somehow easier (either cheaper or with a higher cap) but it can't be centers only unless we allow players to change position.
I don't see why that would be a problem, everyone benefits from it but not everyone has to use it.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]