Create Account

The Long Goodbye Clitsome's Final Game in Hamilton

The Long Goodbye

[Image: 461252254_slide.jpg]

With The Rider Clitsome Auction just a week away, the prolific scorer reflects on his historic time in Hamilton.

With nine seasons played in Hamilton the former 5th overall pick of the S21 SHL Draft, Rider Clitsome has climbed to the summit of the Steelhawks all time scoring leaders. In 458 games played the sharpshooting winger has amassed 172 goals and 185 assists for 357 points. He leaves the Hamilton franchise as a top 5 scorer and just 21 goals behind Hawk legends like Raymond Lindsay and Roberto Martucci.
Quote:
"It's tough. I didn't expect it to be this emotional. This conflicted you know? I love Hamilton and I've played with so many wonderful Hall of Fame players here. But I'm excited to see my value and interest from around the League. The SHL has so many great players and great franchises. I'm looking forward to next week but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad and nervous at the same time."

"I definitely want to say thank you to the fans of this great city who have supported me throughout my career. Please keep buying my jerseys because I need the money. And a very special thank you to all the great players I've played with over the years. There's far too many to name but I've certainly enjoyed the ride, thank you. "

"As for the rumors of my retirement, I think I have about another 5 seasons left in me. I'm coming off my best season, still getting better and I'm not in regression. Once I hit regression I've still got some skill to burn before I hang them up." Clitsome said.

Nine seasons. Five Eastern Conference Championships. Two Cups. 47 goals and 93 points in 100 Playoff games including the modern day Playoff record of 29 points in the S29 playoffs. The Hamilton fans have grown accustomed to seeing #17 score late into the summer months. But as summer fades and the off-season drags on, the hockey world is left questioning: "Where will Clitsome go?" "How will he do without Simons?" "What will Hamilton do without Clitsome?" "Is this the end of their dynasty and beginning of yet another rebuild?" "Will there ever be a duo as good as Simons and Clitsome again in the SHL?" "Can Clitsome build on his 30 goal season and finally break that record he promised us as a rookie?"

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

More murder from <a href='index.php?showuser=1269' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>Tanner</a>

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

[Image: 1dM4xf8.gif]

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

I miss tucci

[Image: cuffana.png]

Good luck man Wink