Create Account

Bank Account Issues

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Aug 31 2016, 02:57 PM
I looked the other day and saw I had close to $15mil in the bank.... now I'm sitting at 10.5.... was my media payout subtracted rather than added or something? I don't remember making any 4m payments recently.
The junior banker disappeared on us partway through the season, so your training was probably just much more behind than normal - I did a bunch of catching up late last week.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

I've just started back again and have started to train. I've spent $1.5 million or so. My account is in "FA and Limbo." I've earned more than that from salary and media.

I'm assuming that everything will balance out after the SMJHL draft and my account gets moved. Correct?

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Quote:Originally posted by SabresFan@Sep 1 2016, 10:24 AM
I've just started back again and have started to train. I've spent $1.5 million or so. My account is in "FA and Limbo."  I've earned more than that from salary and media.

I'm assuming that everything will balance out after the SMJHL draft and my account gets moved.  Correct?
Yep, everything should work out!

Profile | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 2 2016, 10:11 AM
I'm curious, asking for a friend, are we allowed to go negative by 4x the allowed amount if we are friends of the bank managers? Or is this just an oversight?
Generally the answer is no, unless you have money coming in, but it is at the discretion of the individual banker. I have never seen a lot of favoritism in that regard - when Baller was extra negative last season I don't think it was because he was particularly close with his banker, and if you're looking at someone in NEW currently I don't think it's because Crutch is particularly softpack-friendly.

Profile | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 2 2016, 09:11 AM
I'm curious, asking for a friend, are we allowed to go negative by 4x the allowed amount if we are friends of the bank managers? Or is this just an oversight?

Hey there! You can let your friend know that each team's banking is handled by their assigned banker, rather than the bank manager, and we assess on a case-by-case basis, often looking at whether funds will be incoming soon or not. If your friend is on Minnesota with you, then I'm their banker, and am usually quite flexible, so they can go ahead and send me a PM with their concerns if they'd like! I'll do my best to accommodate Smile

6: The new maximum negative for bank accounts is $1,500,000. When you have reached -$1,500,000, the banker will no longer complete any transactions until you bring your balance above -1.5m. If it is discovered you updated even though the banker didn't complete your transaction, you will be disciplined accordingly.

lil is -7.

Not trying to start a shitstorm, but I'm just curious why that's allowed.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 2 2016, 09:25 AM
6: The new maximum negative for bank accounts is $1,500,000. When you have reached -$1,500,000, the banker will no longer complete any transactions until you bring your balance above -1.5m. If it is discovered you updated even though the banker didn't complete your transaction, you will be disciplined accordingly.

lil is -7.

Smile) Smile) Smile)

Softpack stays killing the SHL job game making the rules up as they go Smile) Smile)

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 2 2016, 10:25 AM

lil is -7.

Not trying to start a shitstorm, but I'm just curious why that's allowed.
As I said again, it's up to individual bankers on a case by case basis - they know the general rule and mostly stick to it but occasionally give some leeway. The banking team is generally good about getting their shit down so I try not to micromanage them too much, so if you want an answer on this specific case you'll have to ask <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-7'>CRUTCHFIELD</a> since he processes NEW.

Profile | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Sep 2 2016, 10:27 AM
Smile) Smile) Smile)

Softpack stays killing the SHL job game making the rules up as they go Smile) Smile)
Is Crutch on the Pack now? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on our lines, but sadly I think his team would miss him. :-?

Profile | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Sep 2 2016, 09:29 AM

As I said again, it's up to individual bankers on a case by case basis - they know the general rule and mostly stick to it but occasionally give some leeway. The banking team is generally good about getting their shit down so I try not to micromanage them too much, so if you want an answer on this specific case you'll have to ask <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-7'>CRUTCHFIELD</a> since he processes NEW.

Where it does it state in the rules that individual bankers can make their own rules and bend them when they want?

Why have rules in place of you aren't gonna enforce them?

For serious, though - it's probably true that bankers are too nice in general. If you'd like us to start being firmer about reinforcing the limit across the board, we'll start doing that.

Profile | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Sep 2 2016, 09:30 AM

Is Crutch on the Pack now? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on our lines, but sadly I think his team would miss him.&nbsp; :-?

I didn't even check who the banker was, for the record, and now Crutch is gonna be mad at me Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by prettyburn@Sep 2 2016, 09:31 AM
For serious, though - it's probably true that bankers are too nice in general. If you'd like us to start being firmer about reinforcing the limit across the board, we'll start doing that.

I mean I'm just saying 5x the negative limit is a little excessive don't you think?

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 2 2016, 10:31 AM
Where it does it state in the rules that individual bankers can make their own rules and bend them when they want?

Why have rules in place of you aren't gonna enforce them?
Mostly it's because there are a lot of jobs on the site that all take time, so we don't want to punish people because media or graphics is slow, or because their GM is late to post contracts. As I said already though, we can be harsher if that's what the site wants - people seem to have been pretty happy with flexibility in the past though, so I just stuck with that same attitude back when I took over from Ragnar.

Profile | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@Sep 2 2016, 10:32 AM
I mean I'm just saying 5x the negative limit is a little excessive don't you think?
I definitely think it's excessive, yeah, and I wouldn't have processed the transactions. I generally just make sure folks are getting their work done because I know the group is generally reliable and don't get paid anywhere near enough to look at every single person on the bank spreadsheet on a regular basis. But I'll happily remind people not to go so far over the limit - again, I agree it's excessive in this case and wouldn't have allowed it if I was processing it.

Profile | Updates