Create Account

Off-Season and SMJHL

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 2 2017, 10:39 AM

The idea is to recruit in phases so you aren't overloading major sites with the same recruitment every single week.

At least that is how I see it.

Reddit is the best place, but I believe they actually have rules against that kind of stuff, which is why we don't recruit there more often. They need the mods approval, and don't want to bother them too often.

It comes down to word of mouth in those down times, and I know personally 0 people who would have interest in doing this.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JKortesi81@Mar 2 2017, 11:28 AM
Okay, hold up. 

Everyone just bickering is going to get us nowhere. The more i sit here thinking about it, both sides have supporters and both sides have good points.

First off, I'll give credit where it's due, the fantasy series was fun. The point about "meaningful" games holds true though as well. What if there was a compromise?

What if the 3rd and 4th seeds played a smaller series to get into the playoffs? Maybe a 3 game series? The winner of that gets the last spot in the playoffs how we have them now? That way people get to experience the playoffs a little bit, but the season still matters because the first place team still earns that bye? That doesn't sound too bad, does it?

This whole mess isn't about the playoffs though, it really isn't.

It's about the offseason. People wouldn't mind missing the playoffs as much if they didn't have to sit around for so long. It gets crazy boring, we all know this. Let's get a committed recruiting team out there, actually recruiting. If they're doing stuff behind the scenes, okay, but i haven't seen or heard anything from them in a long time and i'm not even sure who's on it. If we did a week of hard recruiting from the trade deadline to the start of the playoffs, we wouldn't have to wait as long to get a draft in. What else caused the offseason to be so extended? I understand the simmers need a break too. I still think we should have two simmers, and they can alternate seasons if they so choose. Unless <a href='index.php?showuser=1770' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Allen</a> doesn't care, in which case, okay. Then maybe just an "understudy" that steps in occasionally if he needs a break.

Name calling and bickering isn't getting things done. But there's a happy medium to be found, i truly believe that.
A wild card series would be fun! Or even like a playoff between the eliminated teams and the winner gets 1st overall pick.

I definitely don't think 2 teams have to completely miss out but I am definitely in support of the season standings meaning something.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 2 2017, 09:39 AM

The idea is to recruit in phases so you aren't overloading major sites with the same recruitment every single week.

At least that is how I see it.

I dont think we could overload the "internet" if we even tried

Obviously I'm saying this in hopes the people have reason and dont post to r/fantasyhockey 6 times in one week... but what am I saying we dont have reason.... Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Quote:Originally posted by cheeseisstupid@Mar 2 2017, 10:39 AM

As a rookie, I'd have no idea about that xP

I still think it should award TPE though.

Since the money just becomes TPE at some point anyways.

As Mr. Deplorable mentioned, with the fantasy series came PbPs, which are 5 TPE for doing one. I think there was 12 opportunities maybe? Possibly more? It was super competitive, each series went 7 games, TPE opportunities everywhere, and 2 mil for the winners.

Plus it's just more games and more opportunity to see your player do well.

Quote:Originally posted by TML99@Mar 2 2017, 10:44 AM

I dont think we could overload the "internet" if we even tried

Obviously I'm saying this in hopes the people have reason and dont post to r/fantasyhockey 6 times in one week... but what am I saying we dont have reason.... Tongue
I don't mean in bandwidth. I mean in the recruitment becoming stale and/or getting people banned for overly recruiting.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Mar 2 2017, 11:45 AM

As Mr. Deplorable mentioned, with the fantasy series came PbPs, which are 5 TPE for doing one. I think there was 12 opportunities maybe? Possibly more? It was super competitive, each series went 7 games, TPE opportunities everywhere, and 2 mil for the winners.

But that's just not good enough for people. They must make the playoffs or they will go inactive.

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Mar 2 2017, 04:45 PM

Still salty that I wasn't allowed to PbP that Crybaby

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 2 2017, 10:46 AM

But that's just not good enough for people. They must make the playoffs or they will go inactive.
Is it possible to address something without getting into strawmen arguments?

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Also for everyone saying : " Why aren't we recruiting now?" First of all the SMJHL trade-deadline would have to pass so the new people would be S35 SHL draftees and imo it is bad to recruit now because they would end up in the same situation like JH. They would have to wait out the playoffs+ the offseason until they would be drafted which will easilly be 30 days or more and would be only able to earn TPE through AC and weekly training so 5 TPE a week.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 2 2017, 11:47 AM

Where's the fun in that?

I mean, if I can get the same permissions as deplorable, I wouldnt mind doing a series just for rookies to keep their interests while they wait for the draft.

And I think a series between the two teams that are out of the playoffs would be cool ^^

Because you'd figure that both teams should only make it one series anyways.

Aside from drafting members, what are the other reasons why the off-season is so long? Do we not have enough simmers?

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 2 2017, 11:47 AM

Also one of the key arguments against this playoff format is that it will cause people to go inactive so it's not like I'm pulling shit out of my ass

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Mar 2 2017, 10:49 AM
Also for everyone saying : " Why aren't we recruiting now?" First of all the SMJHL trade-deadline would have to pass so the new people would be S35 SHL draftees and imo it is bad to recruit now because they would end up in the same situation like JH. They would have to wait out the playoffs+ the offseason until they would be drafted which will easilly be 30 days or more and would be only able to earn TPE through AC and weekly training so 5 TPE a week.

I think you can still be S35 draftee, and if you join between TD and playoffs, you can still sign in that window. Just not once the playoffs have started. I believe that's what Tanner did with Kaalinpaa.

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 2 2017, 09:45 AM

I don't mean in bandwidth. I mean in the recruitment becoming stale and/or getting people banned for overly recruiting.

Yea I know Smile

I feel like there are enough sports board and forums out there that if we put forth a solid system this would never be an issue

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada