Create Account

Off-Season and SMJHL

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 2 2017, 10:53 AM

Also one of the key arguments against this playoff format is that it will cause people to go inactive so it's not like I'm pulling shit out of my ass
You are simplifying the issue and acting like it is impossible for people to lose interest in a league that doesn't give you the full experience.

Like I said, I loved the playoff atmosphere even though my team was knocked out in the first round. I think being able to be a part of it for the first time is important and can keep people around. Not knowing what that is like (and being on teams that have no reason to even compete if they are 20+ points out) can absolutely have an adverse affect.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Mar 2 2017, 04:53 PM

I think you can still be S35 draftee, and if you join between TD and playoffs, you can still sign in that window. Just not once the playoffs have started. I believe that's what Tanner did with Kaalinpaa.
That is why I wrote drafted. As long as they create before the playoffs they can be signed for a playoff run and then be released. But their player would be rather bad and they don't have the TPE opportunities to quickly improve the player. Most first time people that sign-up in that period actually go inactive.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Then maybe we shoudnt be so strict on who can and cant do TPE's?

At least for the SMJHL anyways Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Mar 2 2017, 10:57 AM

That is why I wrote drafted. As long as they create before the playoffs they can be signed for a playoff run and then be released. But their player would be rather bad and they don't have the TPE opportunities to quickly improve the player. Most first time people that sign-up in that period actually go inactive.

You said they would have to wait out a playoff run / offseason, which is what I was referring to. They'd be in the playoffs, which is apparently enough to completely change someone's future activity, according to what I've read here.

They should probably be able to do PTs as long as they are signed to a team, if anything.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Also while we are on the subject of TPE and first starting out, I think you should be able to get more TPE from the first PT you do, and maybe new players should get TPE for filling out pages of their profile. It'll encourage players to go around the site and check things out ^^

Quote:Originally posted by Symmetrik@Mar 2 2017, 05:01 PM

You said they would have to wait out a playoff run / offseason, which is what I was referring to. They'd be in the playoffs, which is apparently enough to completely change someone's future activity, according to what I've read here.

They should probably be able to do PTs as long as they are signed to a team, if anything.
Correct they would have to wait out a playoff run / offseason until they are DRAFTED to a team which will keep their rights and be able to do the PT's and I would against them being already able to the PT's since that would cause too much of a head start compared to all the other draftees.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Mar 2 2017, 11:07 AM

Correct they would have to wait out a playoff run / offseason until they are DRAFTED to a team which will keep their rights.

I'm just saying they wouldn't be waiting out a playoff run if they signed with a playoff team. They'd be in the playoffs.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Mar 2 2017, 11:37 AM

oh i kind of see it now

caught me off guard at 8:30 AM
Ya out of context it sounds weird and stupid... Actually with context it isn't great either

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 2 2017, 11:57 AM

You are simplifying the issue and acting like it is impossible for people to lose interest in a league that doesn't give you the full experience.

Like I said, I loved the playoff atmosphere even though my team was knocked out in the first round. I think being able to be a part of it for the first time is important and can keep people around. Not knowing what that is like  (and being on teams that have no reason to even  compete if they are 20+ points out) can absolutely have an adverse affect.
And you're simplifying the solution by implying that all teams making the playoffs will prevent inactivity. We will always have people go inactive and there are other ways to keep them active instead of making the regular season pointless.

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen@Mar 2 2017, 11:07 AM

Correct they would have to wait out a playoff run / offseason until they are DRAFTED to a team which will keep their rights and be able to do the PT's and I would against them being already able to the PT's since that would cause too much of a head start compared to all the other draftees.

Alright then, how bout this?

Set up like 5 PT's JUST for undrafted FA's

This will allow all the new recruits to be at the same operating point, with the only difference being the few extra TPE they could get from activity checks/training from being there earlier. ^^

Not everyone making the playoffs isn't the big problem here, these 2 months offseasons are beyond fucking annoying.

Quote:Originally posted by stevo@Mar 2 2017, 12:17 PM
Not everyone making the playoffs isn't the big problem here, these 2 months offseasons are beyond fucking annoying.
Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Mar 2 2017, 11:12 AM

And you're simplifying the solution by implying that all teams making the playoffs will prevent inactivity. We will always have people go inactive and there are other ways to keep them active instead of making the regular season pointless.
I'm not saying that.

And the regular season has never been "pointless." The entire point of the SMJHL is to introduce players to the sim, the teams, the games, and lead them to the playoff experience which is enjoyable and for a first-gen player should be provided. I think the HO just changing the system all of a sudden was shortsighted and wasn't done with enough thought, and over time I feel there will be more cases where junior first-gen players will be thrown into bad situations giving them fewer reasons to join in the site.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

I think that the main problem is the length of the offseason

no use pissing on each other in this thread

not into that r kelly shit

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by CRUTCHFIELD@Mar 2 2017, 04:42 PM
I think that the main problem is the length of the offseason

no use pissing on each other in this thread

not into that r kelly shit
Pretty sure major steps have already been taken to lower it. We also have to keep in mind that our simmers need a break.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]