Create Account

The Podcast I Will Regret Making Questions

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@May 24 2017, 09:10 AM

[Image: I+m+not+sure+if+i+should+laugh+or+cry+at...bf897d.gif]

Don't worry Zach, I'll add some actual questions in here at some point.  :D

By all means, keep going. I'm curious what other blasphemous statements you have about Russia.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Slappy's Russian to Judgement

1. What is 150 yards long and eats potatoes? A line of Russians waiting to buy meat

2. What is communism? The longest, most painful road to capitalism

3. What does a Russian woman get from her husband on their wedding night that is long and hard? Her new last name

4. What do you call a Russian in an IIHF medal game? A referee

5. How does every Russian joke start? With a look over your shoulder

When Stalin was in office, he once noted that there were mice in his study and complained to President Kalinin about this. The President thought for a moment and suggested, "Why don't you put up a sign reading 'Collective Farm'? Half the mice will die of hunger and the other half will run away."

[Image: sqM5pA.gif]

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

First a question or two

What are your thoughts on the finals?

Should I keep my eyes on the transaction thread for crazy Jet moves during the off season?

And if we are going to bad mouth the Russians, count me in.

1) Did you hear about the winner of the Russian beauty contest? Me neither

2) What is the difference between a smart Russian and a unicorn? Nothing, they're both fictional characters

3)A Brit, a Frenchman and a Russian are viewing a painting of Adam and Eve frolicking in the Garden of Eden. "Look at their reserve, their calm," muses the Brit. "They must be British."

"Nonsense," the Frenchman disagrees. "They're naked, and so beautiful. Clearly, they are French."

"No way! They have no clothes and no shelter," the Russian points out, "They have only an apple to eat, and they are being told they live in a paradise. Obviously, they are Russian."

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Oh, uh, answered. Shlike have posted this last night.

Nikolai Evans

I will be recording my next episode Sunday. It will also be the first time in a while I've had a guest. <a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Avakael</a> will be said guest. Ask us questions.

Nikolai Evans

Sorry I missed asking questions last time, this time I'll give you enough to talk about to cover a good chunk!

If you're recording Sunday, I'd like you to take a look at this spreadsheet I put together and compare that with the results of the draft. Were there any big surprises that weren't expected during the draft based on the comparison?

Second question if you have time, what % of new reddit players will stick around longer than a season do you figure?

Aight, Mr. [inserts witty name here], who reached and who got lucky in the draft?

Way too early S36 SHL Draft needs for each team/mock draft?

Trades are a happening. Discuss.

Obligatory questions about IIHF from Mother Russia:

Since the tournament will be underway by the time you record, thoughts so far on initial performance by Russia (Zach) and the US (Avakael)?

Medal predictions?

If y'all had to play for an IIHF team other than the one you're currently on, where would you be playing?

Zach, do you miss being an IIHF GM yet? Avakael, would you want to be one?

EDIT: Oh, and fuck you for calling me out, you get enough attention on this podcast already Tongue

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

Avakael, where in Australia do you live? A long time ago, before I was married, I dated a girl who went to Adelaide for a semester. Since I was young and immature I waited roughly a day after she was gone to hook up with her friend. Needless to say, that relationship did not last too much longer.

Zach, I read your writing samples. While I am not into auto racing, the writing was excellent. I could really hear your voice as I read the words. Would you like this to be a career?

What do your respective teams need to do to be successful next season?

McZ has been whining about the Khan voting. Analyze the MVP race and tell us who should win and why.

Answered.

Nikolai Evans

Bump for this weekend. Looks like I'll actually be home this weekend, so *probably* recording Saturday.

Nikolai Evans

How you feel losing against Avakael and Sarmo? (IIHF)

Why did you trade for Maurizio Arrivabene? What can he bring to the team?

How do you feel about Jakub stepping down as SMJHL commissioner?

Are the Jets better than last season?

Your thought about the reddit draft. Did the Falcons do well at the draft?

Will Zach Evans play more minutes?

Will I sux this season in the SHL? Aggrieved

Can you make a podcast with Sarmo so I can laugh at him?

That's all! Cheers Have a good podcast!

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Bump

Nikolai Evans

I know Wozy already addressed the move but I just wanted to say great move picking up LB. He's an awesome teammate and funny dude. Between my boy Bonky, yourself, the dank tank boys, Visser and Cbear, and the Latvian love duo of LB and Jogy, you guys have one hell of a fun team now. If I were not so thoroughly ensconced within the comfy folds of the West Kendall nest I would love to join into that environment. Oh well, I'll just have to console myself by eavesdropping on your LR as usual.

How's the new gig going? Enjoying the more sedentary office environment?

All the goddamn things are happening this offseason. Why is this one so turbulent compared to past seasons?

Talk stats. I made a few sheets of things that might be cool to compare. Thoughts?