Create Account

PT Affiliation

08-22-2018, 09:46 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 09:18 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 08:52 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 08:32 AMjRuutu Wrote: If people want to be part of the league, why is it such a travesty to ask people to do fairly simple PT´s that in all honesty don´t take much time out of your week?

I don´t see how allowing people to claim PT`s in SHL that they have done elsewhere helps with that?

Both bring equal amount of activity to SHL. If I watch out of the window and if someone does a PT in some other league = Nothing happens in SHL.

Why do people NEED to do a PT for each site? The only thing a PT does is act like a more elaborate activity check. It doesn't create "activity" and doesn't make the site more interesting.

If people are incentivized to make players here without having to do PTs, that can increase the user base and more people writing media, discussing things going on in the SHL, and perhaps bring more people to do other jobs that have a tangible benefit to the league (updating, record keeping, awards, HO, simming, etc.)

This action benefits all leagues involved.

Why does SHL need to be a site that caves into that? If there already is sites that do that PT affiliation with each other, why cant we have one in SHL that does the opposite and asks more from it´s users? And with more I mean - the PT´s.

Don´t have the time to do 150 words + other smaller tasks per week, but all of a sudden have the time to write articles, be active member of the site and maybe even have a job around the site?

This is 100% a move that benefits users in PBE/NFSL, makes their weekly ´grind´ easier when they can do their PT´s in SHL and they also get to promote their leagues in a prime window in SHL. Why don´t you change the SHL logo to be a Coca-Cola sign while you are at it?
I already explained why this is a good thing. You have yet to explain why the SHL needs to have this arbitrary standard of "asking more of its users."

As far as "not having the time to write 150+ words"? Some may not have time. Some may have time but not want to rely on doing it to maintain a competitive player in this league, so they don't bother coming here or contributing in any way that they would find enjoyable. Some may want to use their time for something fun, or just enjoy the community here and not write any articles or PTs here but contribute in discussion threads when they can on their phone or whatever. Or maybe some people may not have time right now, but later will have time and by that point will have been part of a community and will want to start doing more things for the site after getting involved earlier. If any of those things happens then this affiliation program is a success.

You have not provided a single downside to this. Only that other leagues may benefit more. So what?

And I still fail to see the good side of it. Not everybody like the PT´s, I get that. Not everybody have the time to do them in all the leagues, I get that as well, but what I don´t get is that why do you fight for users like that? Why don´t you leave them behind if they don´t want to/cant do the PT´s the SHL ´asks´ them to do? Once again, building a great player as a purely PT user is totally possible, doing the actual PT´s takes the absolute max of 1 hour of your week - is that too much?

This is SHL, not the mecca or helpdesk for all the sim leagues where the goal is to help the sim league community by offering the easy route. How about stop worrying about other leagues, how they are doing and focus only on SHL? If the users want to join here, they will come.

SHL as a league loses it´s value and shine by teaming up with other leagues like this, SHL loses it´s uniqueness when it pimps itself out almost for free. Going to this direction means that in the end SHL is going to be just like other leagues. So many people being up for this PT affiliation means this league as we know it is going towards desctruction - what so many enjoyed wont be here soon anymore, what is going to be left is just users who want as much as possible with as little work as possible.

08-22-2018, 10:43 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: The one thing that really bothers me in these kinds of discussions is how people keep assuming bad intentions on the other side, could we please stop doing that? The people in favor of this change aren't lazy snakes who want to see the SHL die and the people against it aren't elitist pricks who hate all other leagues. We all want the SHL and sim leagues in general to thrive and simply disagree on whether this change will help with that goal or not.

Move like this is marketed and promoted as being something that is going to help all of us, but the real reason is being able to do less work and still get the same reward. Surprised to see how users in SHL are not more worried about what this place looks like in the future if the league keeps going down this road.

Don´t you think there is a clear confliction of interest when users in the SHL HO suggest teaming up with leagues like PBE and NFSL, while also being part of those leagues? Pretty sneak like behaviour to me?

08-22-2018, 11:03 AMjRuutu Wrote: SHL as a league loses it´s value and shine by teaming up with other leagues like this, SHL loses it´s uniqueness when it pimps itself out almost for free. Going to this direction means that in the end SHL is going to be just like other leagues. So many people being up for this PT affiliation means this league as we know it is going towards desctruction - what so many enjoyed wont be here soon anymore, what is going to be left is just users who want as much as possible with as little work as possible.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

08-22-2018, 11:03 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 09:46 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 09:18 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 08:52 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 08:32 AMjRuutu Wrote: If people want to be part of the league, why is it such a travesty to ask people to do fairly simple PT´s that in all honesty don´t take much time out of your week?

I don´t see how allowing people to claim PT`s in SHL that they have done elsewhere helps with that?

Both bring equal amount of activity to SHL. If I watch out of the window and if someone does a PT in some other league = Nothing happens in SHL.

Why do people NEED to do a PT for each site? The only thing a PT does is act like a more elaborate activity check. It doesn't create "activity" and doesn't make the site more interesting.

If people are incentivized to make players here without having to do PTs, that can increase the user base and more people writing media, discussing things going on in the SHL, and perhaps bring more people to do other jobs that have a tangible benefit to the league (updating, record keeping, awards, HO, simming, etc.)

This action benefits all leagues involved.

Why does SHL need to be a site that caves into that? If there already is sites that do that PT affiliation with each other, why cant we have one in SHL that does the opposite and asks more from it´s users? And with more I mean - the PT´s.

Don´t have the time to do 150 words + other smaller tasks per week, but all of a sudden have the time to write articles, be active member of the site and maybe even have a job around the site?

This is 100% a move that benefits users in PBE/NFSL, makes their weekly ´grind´ easier when they can do their PT´s in SHL and they also get to promote their leagues in a prime window in SHL. Why don´t you change the SHL logo to be a Coca-Cola sign while you are at it?
I already explained why this is a good thing. You have yet to explain why the SHL needs to have this arbitrary standard of "asking more of its users."

As far as "not having the time to write 150+ words"? Some may not have time. Some may have time but not want to rely on doing it to maintain a competitive player in this league, so they don't bother coming here or contributing in any way that they would find enjoyable. Some may want to use their time for something fun, or just enjoy the community here and not write any articles or PTs here but contribute in discussion threads when they can on their phone or whatever. Or maybe some people may not have time right now, but later will have time and by that point will have been part of a community and will want to start doing more things for the site after getting involved earlier. If any of those things happens then this affiliation program is a success.

You have not provided a single downside to this. Only that other leagues may benefit more. So what?

And I still fail to see the good side of it. Not everybody like the PT´s, I get that. Not everybody have the time to do them in all the leagues, I get that as well, but what I don´t get is that why do you fight for users like that? Why don´t you leave them behind if they don´t want to/cant do the PT´s the SHL ´asks´ them to do? Once again, building a great player as a purely PT user is totally possible, doing the actual PT´s takes the absolute max of 1 hour of your week - is that too much?

This is SHL, not the mecca or helpdesk for all the sim leagues where the goal is to help the sim league community by offering the easy route. How about stop worrying about other leagues, how they are doing and focus only on SHL? If the users want to join here, they will come.

SHL as a league loses it´s value and shine by teaming up with other leagues like this, SHL loses it´s uniqueness when it pimps itself out almost for free. Going to this direction means that in the end SHL is going to be just like other leagues. So many people being up for this PT affiliation means this league as we know it is going towards desctruction - what so many enjoyed wont be here soon anymore, what is going to be left is just users who want as much as possible with as little work as possible.

Alright dude. This is just being able to post PBE or NSFL PTs in replacement of the regular one if you want. This isn't the end of the world as we know it.

I promise you all. @Eggy216 is not actively trying to burn the league down by adding all these copious amounts of free training points!

I’ll be brutally honest, I’ve lost a lot of interest here in the SHL, and I can speak for a lot of people in saying that. Putting in hours and hours of work a week to be the best you can be and then to just check a box score once a day for 2 minutes can only sustain interest so long, but I LOVE a lot of people here! I want to be the best player I can be for Edmonton, and thankfully now I won’t be missing point tasks like I have been this season. (Sorry Ace). This affiliation is going to help continue to grow the league, whether it be bringing semi-actives back to full activity or bringing non-existing activity into semi-actives.

Anyone who truly believes this partnership “devalues” their hard work needs to get off their high horse and realize people enjoy other sports, and want to play in other leagues too and this helps them accomplish that, and in the end it is all just about having fun.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

08-22-2018, 11:14 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:03 AMjRuutu Wrote: SHL as a league loses it´s value and shine by teaming up with other leagues like this, SHL loses it´s uniqueness when it pimps itself out almost for free. Going to this direction means that in the end SHL is going to be just like other leagues. So many people being up for this PT affiliation means this league as we know it is going towards desctruction - what so many enjoyed wont be here soon anymore, what is going to be left is just users who want as much as possible with as little work as possible.

? GOMHL with more teams and users is what I see at the end of this road.

08-22-2018, 11:15 AMClint Eastwood Wrote: Alright dude. This is just being able to post PBE or NSFL PTs in replacement of the regular one if you want. This isn't the end of the world as we know it.

I get that, but what comes next? You honestly think this will be the ´end´ of it, or are similar ideas going to be expanded to other areas of the league?

08-22-2018, 11:15 AMKeygan Wrote: I promise you all. @Eggy216 is not actively trying to burn the league down by adding all these copious amounts of free training points!

I’ll be brutally honest, I’ve lost a lot of interest here in the SHL, and I can speak for a lot of people in saying that. Putting in hours and hours of work a week to be the best you can be and then to just check a box score once a day for 2 minutes can only sustain interest so long, but I LOVE a lot of people here! I want to be the best player I can be for Edmonton, and thankfully now I won’t be missing point tasks like I have been this season. (Sorry Ace). This affiliation is going to help continue to grow the league, whether it be bringing semi-actives back to full activity or bringing non-existing activity into semi-actives.

Anyone who truly believes this partnership “devalues” their hard work needs to get off their high horse and realize people enjoy other sports, and want to play in other leagues too and this helps them accomplish that, and in the end it is all just about having fun.

It´s not Eggy that I´m worried about, it´s the other users in the HO.

08-22-2018, 11:15 AMjRuutu Wrote:

What benefit do PTs even give to the league? Honestly.

If you want people who work hard to get an advantage, develop a system which gives TPE or more money to those who actually contribute to the site, with simming, record keeping, management, etc. Don't put PTs up on a pedestal. It doesn't deserve the praise you are giving it.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

08-22-2018, 11:17 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:15 AMClint Eastwood Wrote: Alright dude. This is just being able to post PBE or NSFL PTs in replacement of the regular one if you want. This isn't the end of the world as we know it.

I get that, but what comes next? You honestly think this will be the ´end´ of it, or are similar ideas going to be expanded to other areas of the league?

Nope, I fully intend on becoming head office and demanding that the NSFL/PBE and SHL Banks be merged into one so that I no longer have to do media here either.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

08-22-2018, 11:19 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:

If you want people who work hard to get an advantage, develop a system which gives TPE or more money to those who actually contribute to the site, with simming, record keeping, management, etc. Don't put PTs up on a pedestal. It doesn't deserve the praise you are giving it.

There you go, why not go with that instead? Improve and work on the SHL product, not on all of the sim league community.

08-22-2018, 11:20 AMjRuutu Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:19 AMArGarBarGar Wrote:

There you go, why not go with that instead? Improve and work on the SHL product, not on all of the sim league community.

Why not both?

You are so afraid of these small leagues for no reason at all.

08-22-2018, 11:19 AMKeygan Wrote:
08-22-2018, 11:17 AMjRuutu Wrote:

Nope, I fully intend on becoming head office and demanding that the NSFL/PBE and SHL Banks be merged into one so that I no longer have to do media here either.

Why not, you did the work for the money in some other league still Wink

I personally enjoy reading 20,000 words of stale PT’s every week

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

08-22-2018, 10:43 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: The one thing that really bothers me in these kinds of discussions is how people keep assuming bad intentions on the other side, could we please stop doing that? The people in favor of this change aren't lazy snakes who want to see the SHL die and the people against it aren't elitist pricks who hate all other leagues. We all want the SHL and sim leagues in general to thrive and simply disagree on whether this change will help with that goal or not.

'member when people thought I was going to kill the league?

Turns out I was a sleeper agent.